• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"No Guns = No Business": Business Cards for Texans

qednick

Just got notification that Jordan Ford here in S.A. posted 30.07

Just told them that we were planning to go there to get a new vehicle (she wants a Ford Focus) for our daughter since hers was just totaled. Told them I'll be taking my business and the insurance money elsewhere.

UPDATE:
This is the response I got:

Hi Nick!
Thank you for your inquiry.​ Are you interested in a new or pre-owned vehicle?​ Or, do you have a service concern?​ I am happy to help you with a call or email.
Mike Wasaff
Internet Sales Manager

Got to hand it to the car salesmen for their tenacity (or stupidity). Might be better served sending a snail mail to the owner.

Last edited:

qednick

In the process of writing corporate office for Jim's Restaurants here in San Antonio regarding them posting 30.07 signs and I notice their head office is practically next door to Papouli's Greek Restaurant head office that I wrote earlier. Strange! Wonder if there's a connection.

texassugar

I will take some cards.
IHOP in Lake Jackson, Tx, just 40 miles SSW of Houston very UNFRIENDLY to open carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nonameisgood

My current tactic is to take a photo of the signs and tell the business (if someone comes out to ask about me taking a photo), "I post these to a website that makes sure people who are licensed to carry guns never come here again. Hope it works out for you to lose that much business."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jordanmills

Gentlemen, if we could please not give the antis any more cannon fodder. We are united in the same cause, our approaches are just a bit different, as are we (as individuals).

qednick, good job with the cards.

"Out of respect for all of our guests, we respectfully request that guests kindly conceal their [homosexuality], secure [it] in their vehicles or leave [it] at home while they are dining in our restaurants. Thank you for your cooperation." - Someone Else

What would be incredibly funny is if someone printed up stickers that had this wording but were otherwise identical, put them over the existing stickers, and left it for someone else to find.

Turbod'1

Some will be OTW tomorrow! Sorry I've been really busy last week or two and haven't been on here as much as I should.

No fair! I asked too [via PM]. :D

At any rate, I spoke in my local gas station about their recent 'anti-gun' policy: one was supportive, the other fearful. In a move I never expected, an older woman actually spoke up and agreed with my assertion that criminals don't walk around with a properly holstered firearm. It actually took me a bit off guard, tbh!

I've been a regular there for almost 2 years and, while the policy seems corporate (from what the employees agreed), I will be speaking to the manager about my principled intent to no longer fillup or shop there.

*Bonus... and while this sounds like advertising IT IS NOT. I've been around here long enough I should have earned some credibility* :)

I was in Temple and the wife wanted some Chinese food [I had told her days before about a commercial for a buffet that I noted because she REALLY loves Chinese food and it looked impressive.] so we went to "Dynasty" and lo and behold... they teach LTC classes there and even had an OCT sticker on the door!! :shocker:

qednick

No fair! I asked too [via PM]. :D

At any rate, I spoke in my local gas station about their recent 'anti-gun' policy: one was supportive, the other fearful. In a move I never expected, an older woman actually spoke up and agreed with my assertion that criminals don't walk around with a properly holstered firearm. It actually took me a bit off guard, tbh!

I've been a regular there for almost 2 years and, while the policy seems corporate (from what the employees agreed), I will be speaking to the manager about my principled intent to no longer fillup or shop there.

*Bonus... and while this sounds like advertising IT IS NOT. I've been around here long enough I should have earned some credibility* :)

I was in Temple and the wife wanted some Chinese food [I had told her days before about a commercial for a buffet that I noted because she REALLY loves Chinese food and it looked impressive.] so we went to "Dynasty" and lo and behold... they teach LTC classes there and even had an OCT sticker on the door!! :shocker:

Sorry buddy I swear your message wasn't showing up in my inbox until now. The gremlins must be out in force! Anyhoo, I responded to your PM--just need address to send to. :)

Turbod'1

Sorry buddy I swear your message wasn't showing up in my inbox until now. The gremlins must be out in force! Anyhoo, I responded to your PM--just need address to send to. :)

No problem! PM Sent.

At any rate, I agree that debating the signage as to it's legal form, distracts from our point. The fact that any such posting exist is telling of their stance [often corporate, not employees] but opens the avenue of communication. Winning over a Manager and especially a Franchise Owner, CAN lead to change if we are civil, yet firm about our intent to take our business elsewhere.

My mother was a Franchise Owner; Corporate were already taking so much off the top, their decision to impose signs only further undermined her profitability.

Keep that in mind when you think "Oh, there's no point... they're a national company!" because many are 'owned' by actual people that CAN influence them to 'cut the ****'!