• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No need for a gun?

protias

She did well. :)

[video=youtube;wcLo_TGy7pA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcLo_TGy7pA&feature=BFp&list=WL9218C28757100F2F&index=1[/video]

protias

This lady did well too. :)

[video=youtube;_NJQK2BscIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NJQK2BscIg[/video]

MKEgal

#411, the gal suprised in her shower...
I love that line "she killed him with a .22, she must be pretty good!"
Betcha she trades up. With a .45 the guy wouldn't even have survived until the ambulance got there, much less wasted 6 hours of hospital resources.
When I first read about this case, I was wondering how she got him to let her get the gun; the video says she claimed to have money to give him.

#412, GOOD FOR HER!!
Though the DA (or whatever he was) saying that her telling police & having increased patrols helped her was BS. Police weren't there, their knowledge of the prior rape didn't help her at all. Her decision to have that shotgun, & use it if need be, is what saved her.
Gee, if she lived in some places she'd be in trouble for illegal posession, since the gun wasn't registered to her. And aren't there some places with waiting periods for long guns?

Last edited:

MKEgal

Milwaukee is such a safe place...

This happened right outside the Sheriff's building downtown.
05:20 27APR11, 9th & State, downtown Milwaukee
DA's employee attacked, pushed to the ground, struck several times, handbag taken, perp fled.
Luckily for her, a deputy was watching a camera, saw the attack, & went to help.
Chased the perp.
A cop & corrections officer joined in; eventually got the guy.
At 21, he has an extensive criminal history, is a felon, was on probation for being a felon in possession.

Though I don't see where a gun would have helped her, esp. in her purse. If she'd carried on-body, yes, she could have stopped him when he knocked her down & beat her.

MKEgal

protias said:
3 teens charged in San Diego Craigslist killing
I suspected before I read the article that the parents would be claiming "they were good boys", & I was right...
Jordan's mother told reporters her son was "hurting" because someone got killed. She said he was a straight-A student preparing to graduate from high school. She emphasized that he was not accused of pulling the trigger.

"He told me he's going to write a letter to the (victim's) family that he's sorry for whatever happened, but that he didn't... do anything violent to anyone," Dykes said.

...the mother of Jones, said her son didn't kill anyone and called the charges unfair. Jones is suspected of being the getaway driver after the robbery.

"All I'm going to say is I love my son, and I'm here, and this just isn't fair," Johnson said.
Oh, it's so unfair that your children were forced to participate in this robbery, forced to drive the getaway car!
Yes, they're still technically minors, but they're plenty old enough to know better.
And BTW where's the firearms charges?
These kids were under 18, so aren't legally able to posess.
And apparently they were carrying an uncased, loaded, concealed pistol in CA. :shocker: