• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No need for a gun?

bigdaddy1

A young Oklahoma mother shot and killed an intruder to protect her 3-month-old baby on New Year's Eve, less than a week after the baby's father died of cancer.
Sarah McKinley says that a week earlier a man named Justin Martin dropped by on the day of her husband's funeral, claiming that he was a neighbor who wanted to say hello. The 18-year-old Oklahoma City area woman did not let him into her home that day.
On New Year's Eve Martin returned with another man, Dustin Stewart, and this time was armed with a 12-inch hunting knife. The two soon began trying to break into McKinley's home.
As one of the men was going from door to door outside her home trying to gain entry, McKinley called 911 and grabbed her 12-gauge shotgun.
McKinley told ABC News Oklahoma City affiliate KOCO that she quickly got her 12 gauge, went into her bedroom and got a pistol, put the bottle in the baby's mouth and called 911.
"I've got two guns in my hand -- is it okay to shoot him if he comes in this door?" the young mother asked the 911 dispatcher. "I'm here by myself with my infant baby, can I please get a dispatcher out here immediately?"
The 911 dispatcher confirmed with McKinley that the doors to her home were locked as she asked again if it was okay to shoot the intruder if he were to come through her door.
"I can't tell you that you can do that but you do what you have to do to protect your baby," the dispatcher told her. McKinley was on the phone with 911 for a total of 21 minutes.
When Martin kicked in the door and came after her with the knife, the teen mom shot and killed the 24-year-old. Police are calling the shooting justified.
"You're allowed to shoot an unauthorized person that is in your home. The law provides you the remedy, and sanctions the use of deadly force," Det. Dan Huff of the Blanchard police said.
Stewart soon turned himself in to police.
McKinley said that she was at home alone with her newborn that night because her husband just died of cancer on Christmas Day.
"I wouldn't have done it, but it was my son," McKinley told ABC News Oklahoma City affiliate KOCO. "It's not an easy decision to make, but it was either going to be him or my son. And it wasn't going to be my son. There's nothing more dangerous than a woman with a child."

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
...and that ladies and gentleman is why

the armed citizens of america own guns to protect themselves and their families from the criminal elements in their own neighborhoods. Stay armed and stay safe out there.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Wave of shootings baffle Swedish police

http://news.yahoo.com/wave-shootings-baffle-swedish-police-144253329.html

STOCKHOLM (AP) — Police are baffled after a wave of shootings has swept across Sweden's third-largest city, raising concerns that Malmo has become a magnet for gang-related killings.

On Thursday dozens of police took to the streets of Malmo to try calm the public and to collect tips about the attacks, which come only a year after a suspected serial shooter was arrested in the city in southern Sweden.

In less than six weeks, five people have been shot dead in this city of 250,000, including a 15-year-old boy.

Police spokesman Lars-Hakan Lindholm says "it's exceptional that there have been so many murders in such a short period of time" and that both the motives for the slayings and the perpetrators remain unknown.

On Friday, demonstrators in Malmo will protest organized crime.

protias

Bradley Tech student shot to death in Milwaukee's 5th murder of 2012

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/136724423.html

We are only 5 days into the new year and there are already 5 murders?! Who thinks that people (especially those under the magical age of 18) should have no right to defend themselves?! Also, this is close (if not in) a magical GFSZ.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I'm surprised that no one has yet posted the 'Five dead in five days of 2012'.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

5 homicides in 5 days = outrageous. MJS Uncommon Causey

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/136750013.html#!page=1&viewAll=0&sort=oldestfirst
J. E. Causey said:
his doesn't have anything to do with the accessibility of guns, this comes down to the moral character of people. For someone to open fire on someone over "words" is just plan dumb. Remember the old saying "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me?" There is something terribly wrong in society when the belief is that a gun will solve a problem. I'm really surprised more leaders have not spoken out on homicides. Why is it so quiet, or has this become the norm for our elected officials?

paul@paul-fisher.com

I love the Milwaukee Police Department's spin on this on their Facebook page:

MPD investigators are on top of the 5 recent homicide cases. Two of the homicides are cleared; one with a warrant for the suspect's arrest and another with an arrest and confession from the suspect. Both of those homicides were domestic in nature. NONE of the 5 homicides were random acts. They are not connected in any way to each other nor to a singular crime issue in the city. Get the facts here from the source!

Pfffwwew!! Thank God they aren't random acts! Everyone knows only random acts ACTUALLY kill people.