• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non-resident

mwaterous

MWATEROUS, you begin by facing the one in your mirror, by making the decision of what you are going to stand for, are you going to stand up for your and (especially) all the other gun owners. IMO if you allow some form of discrimination then you might as well go for all discrimination. basically that is what a hypocrite would do.
if you decide you want to do something against the constitutional discrimination. then first you need to be aware of all the laws, and how they are used. make the decision how you are going to act. write letters, join groups that support your cause. get out and be seen, and heard. let people know that this discrimination is going on. but do something

look the other side is doing this why can't we.

Good answer, and thank you. I think it made it a lot easier reading the actual statutes instead of just piecing things together from the various sites I've been looking at. Plus like I mentioned, I was having a bad day that day for other reasons. :D

Other than exercising what remains of our rights, I may not always have time to actively seek out opportunities to get involved, but when I see them I will definitely do what I can.

steveaikens

Opt-Out Members
If you do what you say you will, you are EXACTLY the person we're looking for.

It is unfortunate that when we're in Santa Fe trying to get a bill passed to improve our firearms laws, and ask here on this site for support in the way of phone calls, emails and/or personal visits to the Roundhouse to show support for our bills in committees - it's rare that we actually get that support. Everyone talks a great game - few take the ball and run with it when asked.

One very distrubing result of requests for support are the number of those from outside NM that decide to call and tell NM legislators why the bills don't go far enough - to match what the laws in THEIR state allow. Bottom line is - if you can't support our firearms legislation - at least have the courtesy to NOT call to complain to our legislators - while those of us actually working in the legislature are spending our money to make positive changes while you sit on your couch bitching that we aren't pushing hard enough to suit you. PLEASE - don't do that this upcoming session.

I post updates here frequently during legislative sessions to keep everyone updated as well as making it known that we NEED SUPPORT NOW. Adding your voice to that NOW request - helps more than most here really understand.

Make the calls and support the legislation we promote for us all.

Steve Aikens

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Indeed there is power in numbers - numbers of phone calls, numbers of email and numbers of letters.

How long can any or even all of these take - it is your future. Make it happen or by default something else will occur.

Grass roots activism does work!!!!

Beat the drum, blow the horn - be part of the solution.