• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA gold mine shaft for CC instructors

WalkingWolf

NRA has gone to online classes for basic courses, charging sixty bucks. The shooting part of the class will still be instructed, but I would imagine that they will get less money. This is what happens when someone sucks up to the P4P industry.

https://onlinetraining.nra.org/

Registration & Payment

The price of this non-refundable course is $60.00 and payment is accepted via credit card. After the credit transaction is approved you will be automatically registered in this course and you can begin taking the course immediately.

Last edited:

solus

possibly another way to look at this on line course is to provide a standardization of knowledge for the repeatable portions of the basic shooting course.

the poor citizen is still going to have to find an NRA instructor to complete the actually shooting portion and not sure how the student will facilitate finding one.

further, as you know WW, in this state this would never be the standard as the nice LEs teaching would complain too much.

ipse

WalkingWolf

IIRC the NC does not use NRA courses for meeting CC requirements, so NC instructors are safe. It shouldn't take long for states that use NRA courses to institute their own online courses though. This could backfire on the NRA.

What I do see is some of the die hard CC instructors seeing this as a betrayal. Though I have little sympathy for them if they do.