• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCers in action

kylemoul

I heard that you left facebook (congrats). Thanks for someone else putting it up there because I don't have it either.

Yes I am hoping they would have the signs up but if not, they will be the 2nd time around I am sure. Unfortunately they did not give me an ETA on it.

I will contact Elks lodge. I don't think the side streets are private.

mspgunner

I heard that you left facebook (congrats). Thanks for someone else putting it up there because I don't have it either.

Yes I am hoping they would have the signs up but if not, they will be the 2nd time around I am sure. Unfortunately they did not give me an ETA on it.

I will contact Elks lodge. I don't think the side streets are private.

I did "have to" go back to Facebook. There are some unfinished things to take care of. The rally in jefferson City on Sept. 11th at 0900 on the capitol front lawn by GRAA. They have the permit and I have the contacts with the legislators needed to speak. This is the 1st day of the veto session and HB436 needs a veto over ride. we hope people will also talk with their legislators and fill the House Gallery in the event the veto over ride is called. If there is a veto over ride we'll go to the Senate Gallery and "HOPE" for a veto over ride there as well. If that happens OC in municipalites that prohibit OC will be voided with a CCW or CCL. There wil be a State wide OC lunch, and there are many people interested, at Ria's in Jefferson City on Saturday win or loose! J.C. is OC friendly as is Ria's with or wothout a CCW.
I grow very tired and not happy about all the problems getting the OC "right" fixed. There are others who wil carry the ball next session in 2014. The bills for more OC rights have been written and the legislators I've worked with for years now will introduce them next year. More people need to get involved in the politics in Jefferson City. Like it or not, nothing happens on the forums, it happens at the State Capitol. we have a great 2A majority, use it while it's there, it could be gone in 2015!

kylemoul

The people at Elks Lodge told me we can use their lot to park. They would like us to park on the left side of the lot. You would pull in the entrance, stay left at the first turn, then left again like you were going to exit. There are spots along the right side there. You can google map an overview if you need too.

Also you can park along the sidestreets too if you wish.

If someone can update the facebook post for whoever if anyone is coming. I will see everyone (or no one) sunday at 1PM

mspgunner

The people at Elks Lodge told me we can use their lot to park. They would like us to park on the left side of the lot. You would pull in the entrance, stay left at the first turn, then left again like you were going to exit. There are spots along the right side there. You can google map an overview if you need too.

Also you can park along the sidestreets too if you wish.

If someone can update the facebook post for whoever if anyone is coming. I will see everyone (or no one) sunday at 1PM

There is no way i can do this in the heat, I'm 3 weeks post op from shoulder surgery....

xdmcompact

Ok added the availability to park at the Elks Lodge to the facebook page, and posted the address. See everyone on Sunday at 1.

xdmcompact

Shirt for the Litter clean up. Lime green with class 2 reflective lettering.

Attachments

• OClittercleanup.jpg
    OClittercleanup.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

xdmcompact

Youi should coordinate with DOC, he has some ideas on this as well.
The other side of the State has their own shirts as well. I was hoping ours would look some what like theirs.View attachment 10643View attachment 10644

Mine is just a quicky I had done for the first litter clean up, had mine done in reflective lettering. Should be good to wear without the reflective vest. when we come up with a better design I am in for one.

Last edited:

mspgunner

Mine is just a quicky I had done for the first litter clean up, had mine done in reflective lettering. Should be good to wear without the reflective vest. when we come up with a better design I am in for one.

You'll have to check with the coordinator, I believe the vest is "REQUIRED" by MODOT. I had inquired about a shoulder holster, he reminded me about the vests, the shoulder rig would not be seen.
Again, I can't do it today, too hot, too soon after my shoulder surgery.

Superlite27

The wires got crossed a little and folks missed each other for awhile, but we eventually met up and had ourselves a jolly 'ol time.

It could've only went better with more people and some cool signs to have a photo op in front of. Heard one car yell out, "THANK YOUUUUUUUU!" (It sounded like "thank you". It very well could have been "F*** you" and I simply misheard it.) Signs would be nice to inform the population who they have to thank for their nice, clean street. I suppose we'll have to wait for MODot to finish their coffee break.

Last edited:

mspgunner

Too many different streets to park on, no one knew where the other one was. We eventually met up with Kyle. Ended up with eight trash bags full, still no signs but the street is marked to have them put up.

First time, it can only get better. How many people did you end up with? Any public input?

kylemoul

They wanted people to be visible so as long as there is hi-viz clothing that would be fine instead of the vests if you want.

I thought posted I would be parked at Worthington Oaks but everyone else parked at Elks Lodge and they were sitting there for an hour. whooooops. Maybe next time I/we will plan better. We probably wont be out for another few months.

mspgunner

They wanted people to be visible so as long as there is hi-viz clothing that would be fine instead of the vests if you want.

I thought posted I would be parked at Worthington Oaks but everyone else parked at Elks Lodge and they were sitting there for an hour. whooooops. Maybe next time I/we will plan better. We probably wont be out for another few months.

I will be good to go on the next outing, please post well in advance....

kylemoul

The wires got crossed a little and folks missed each other for awhile, but we eventually met up and had ourselves a jolly 'ol time.

It could've only went better with more people and some cool signs to have a photo op in front of. Heard one car yell out, "THANK YOUUUUUUUU!" (It sounded like "thank you". It very well could have been "F*** you" and I simply misheard it.) Signs would be nice to inform the population who they have to thank for their nice, clean street. I suppose we'll have to wait for MODot to finish their coffee break.

We don't always install road signs, but when we do, we drink Dos Equis.

kylemoul

Seems like they are taking their sweet time getting the signs up, drove by today and still no signs.

well it is the state. nothing is really quick with them. i am thinking sept 1st we can go out again. i am sure there will not be much trash but we can if you all want. maybe find more golf balls and condoms.