• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry get together

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Get don't worry about me,lol. If I can't find the gun I want then go ahead and do this without me. I'm sure there will be a chance for me here soon.
Slowgto04 just so you understand you don't need the handgun to go to an OC meet and eat. You can still enjoy good conversation and pickup tips and information. Go any enjoy the company even if you can't find the gun right away. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Build it and they will come - include the date in your title, ask for a sticky.

That's the usual course of action but here we have a slight deviation. The OP lives in Maryland and says he doesn't have a handgun.... yet. I would like to give him the chance to get one first if that is possible, plus the fact that since this is his thread, he should be the primary decision taker as to place and time.

BTW, how do you request a sticky? By sending a message to John? Have not yet done this in the six years I have been on this site.

When seen/noticed by the administration will be sitckied as a matter of course or send me a PM with a link to the thread.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Slowgto04 just so you understand you don't need the handgun to go to an OC meet and eat. You can still enjoy good conversation and pickup tips and information. Go any enjoy the company even if you can't find the gun right away. :)

Yep, he's more than welcome to join us for a get together. Having a sidearm just makes it all the more meaningful for him since he can't do this in Maryland.

So I'll post an invite as mentioned in my post above.

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I think I will. This just fuels me to go ahead buy a handgun now. Everybody has been sold out of what I want (ria 1911)

Gadsen's Guns had one on the shelf this morning, at $459.

Oh, wait ... you said you're in MD. Well, they could ship it to your FFL. Their contact info is on their page.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Gadsen's Guns had one on the shelf this morning, at $459.

Oh, wait ... you said you're in MD. Well, they could ship it to your FFL. Their contact info is on their page.

That's funny, Tess. I mean think about it. Had one on the shelf this morning. But it's like that all over. Gun stores are either running out of inventory or have already exhausted their stock. You have to wonder if they can stay open under these conditions.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
That's funny, Tess. I mean think about it. Had one on the shelf this morning. But it's like that all over. Gun stores are either running out of inventory or have already exhausted their stock. You have to wonder if they can stay open under these conditions.

AFAIK, they still have it ... I just didn't want to say "has one" and then find out I'm wrong.

The owners of Gadsden's Guns did tell me they're having a difficult time getting stock. And peter nap said this morning some of the reloading vendors didn't bother going to the Richmond show because they had nothing to sell.

Slowgto04

You might try Atlantic Guns. They have two locations: one in Silver Spring and one in Rockville. I bought a handgun there in 1968 when you could still buy handguns across state boundaries and no 4473 forms.

I've been on their website alot too but they don't seem to carry handguns very much any more. Mostly all long guns, if we are talking about the same people atlanticfirearms.com