• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Patriot or Domestic Terrorist ?

Whitney

News story on the local channel tonight.

http://www.kiro7.com/news/patriot-o...with-cliven-bundys-former-bodyguard/114679642

FUQ:

Since his arrest in December, Barbeau has been behind bars at the SeaTac Federal Detention Center.
"I knew this was coming one day. I speak out against government tyranny and injustice and eventually, when you speak out loud enough for long enough, the government's gonna notice you and I got myself noticed," said Barbeau.

Barbeau is charged with owning an assault rifle with a barrel that is too short, In a phone conversation from behind bars, Barbeau shared his defense and his determination to uphold the Constitution.

"The Second Amendment says the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. What's the definition of arms? Arms is any weapon, swords, knives, guns, missiles. Anything is arms. It's an all-inclusive term and the gun that I had, the rifle I had, falls under that definition of ‘arms.’ So I have the right to keep and bear it."

~Whitney

solus

oh i think the individual is in trouble for making threats against public officials:

quote:
1) An FBI confidential informant claims he threatened to "lynch" public servants, "remove a judge" and "shoot" law enforcement officers.
"Saying stuff about shooting guys, shooting law enforcement whatever, yeah, I did say that stuff,” Barbeau said.

2) Barbeau told a confidential informant he stole blasting caps and detonation cord from the National Guard...

3) In an Oct. 12 post, Barbeau wrote about McVeigh, "That guy killed 168, ya he's my hero. Hes (sic) the only person I know that didn't like how the federal government is, and actually did something against them."

unquote

ya his bravado mouth to the wrong person is apparently overloading his arse and the firearm charge was handy to charge him while the federal prosecutors dig deeper for something else to pile on the individual...

hope he is bubba's boy for quite awhile...

ipse

Rusty Young Man

Patriot, as well.

It matters a LOT how the situation is framed, and it usually isn't an ally of Freedom who is doing the framing (yes, pun is intended:p).

Case in point: If you go out and say "Yes, I'd be willing to take the life of a criminal threatening the life of either myself or my loved ones," (self-defense, in other words) you can bet the media will turn around and report "The suspect said he/she would not hesitate to kill someone."

Little reporting going on, but a lot of framing. Take that as you will. :(

Video explaining the phenomenon:
[video=youtube;sxm0BZsWvXs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxm0BZsWvXs[/video]

Last edited:

OC for ME

Patriot or terrorist?...neither...nitwit.

"The only people I'm a threat to are people who have evil intents, you know, bad guys if you want to call them that,” he said. “So I try to avoid violence at all costs. You know, ‘cause I don't like violence. But I will defend myself [strike]and I will defend others against injustice. I'm not gonna censor my freedom of speech. I'm not gonna be afraid of the government. Thomas Jefferson once said, 'When the people fear the government there's tyranny. But when the government fears the people, there's liberty.' And I want freedom and liberty. That's all I want."[/strike]
Shudda stopped right there.

Ezek

Patriot or terrorist?...neither...nitwit.

Shudda stopped right there.

I have to agree with OC, he is neither, his mouth is too big, and his ideas put innocent civilians at risk.

of course to say you'd do something, is one thing, to actually have it come to fruitition is another, the other thing is if your going to make threats they should be conditional ones, therefore until such event happens no threat exists, because no threat exists until said event, there is no way to charge said person with anything.

also he isn't a terrorist because he hasn't actually done anything other then shoot off his mouth.