• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

POT and Firearms... oh boy

sudden valley gunner

Again...where??? Who is promoting???

Nobody is promoting, but there are people on here who are afraid of open frank discussion.
Why wouldn't constitutional loving free people want to talk about getting rid of unconstitutional laws.

But there are presidents who advocating breaking laws.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

Thomas Jefferson

Abraham Lincoln put it best though.

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."

Abraham Lincoln

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
And yet we still have pot smoking supporters come out of the woodwork, so tell us how does it support Open Carry or any form of Carry for that matter?

Before responding open a window first, maybe the smoke will clear out first and give some clarity in your lives. :lol:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
SVG said:
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

Thomas Jefferson

Abraham Lincoln put it best though.

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."

Abraham Lincoln

And you think they were talking about drugs :lol: and here I thought liberals were bad about stretching the truth.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Dave, we get your approach.

And remember even you have broken the law.

RCW 70.54.050

RCW 70.54.050

Exposing contagious disease — Penalty.

</B>Every person who shall wilfully expose himself to another, or any animal affected with any contagious or infectious disease, in any public place or thoroughfare, except upon his or its necessary removal in a manner not dangerous to the public health; and every person so affected who shall expose any other person thereto without his knowledge, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
[1909 c 249 § 287; RRS § 2539.]

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

RCW 70.54.050

RCW 70.54.050

</B>Every person who shall wilfully expose himself to another, or any animal affected with any contagious or infectious disease, in any public place or thoroughfare, except upon his or its necessary removal in a manner not dangerous to the public health; and every person so affected who shall expose any other person thereto without his knowledge, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

laughing-fem-emoticon.jpg

sudden valley gunner

RCW 70.54.050

RCW 70.54.050

If you go 1 mile over the speed limit you have broken the law .....here in Washington if you are not breaking the speed limit but are delaying others you are breaking the law...there is not one person who has not broken some law. Some laws definately need to be broken... and sometimes that is the only way to affect change....i.e. civil rights movements.

How many of us here would willingly give up our firearms if they were made illegal?

Amazes me how people want freedom in some areas but are so afraid of it in other areas, that's what it boils down to is fear and personal distaste. I hate smoking of any kind it disgusts me I feel it's dirty, unhealthy, unattractive...etc., but I have no right to enforce my viewpoint and prohibit others from doing what they want with their bodies. The founders drafted up this whole independance U.S. thing in taverns, some no doubt some drink absynth which many say has similar effects as marijuana.

Also if you research anti Marijuana movement it was put into place using scare tactic's racism, and lobbyist money. Timber, and paper, tabaco companies spent lots of money backing trying to outlaw this, wonder why?

It is why we are not supposed to be a democracy, we are supposed to be a constitutional Republic were rights reign supreme.

grishnav

If you go 1 mile over the speed limit you have broken the law .....here in Washington if you are not breaking the speed limit but are delaying others you are breaking the law...there is not one person who has not broken some law. [...]

+1 to your whole post.

I think the only thing I might add is: Marijuana was not illegal for most of this country's history. It's a recent development. For many years, it was illegal not to grow hemp. The bill of rights was drafted on hemp paper for chirssake. The founding fathers recovered diaries show evidence of them separating seeds by gender and doing other things that you wouldn't do unless you were growing it for smoking. The founding fathers were probably potheads themselves!

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

And you think they were talking about drugs :lol: and here I thought liberals were bad about stretching the truth.

News flash: alcohol IS a drug. That is why I don't drink.

I'd rather deal with someone smart enough to stretch the truth, as opposed to someone so ignorant they don't even know what they are talking about. I can have fun arguing with the former, but conversing with the later is like talking to a box of rocks.

Oh, and the Lincoln quote is possibly misattributed

Last edited:

trooper46

Please forgive the spelling errors. I am working abroad and off a computer with no check.

It's all about personal responsibility and accountability, just like everything in life. These seem like simple concepts but I rarely see people take them seriously on a daily basis, in politics, careers, marriage, or family life. Too many people keep looking for other's approval to tell them that something's OK or NOT OK, especially every time this topic is brought up. We as a country need to man up and make our own decisions, and then take responsilbility for those decisions.

With that philosophy in mind, I would offer the following oppinion on this matter.

To those who choose NOT to drink and carry: I take my hat off to you. You've made a responsible decision and it will pay off in the long run no matter what happens.

To those who choose to drink and carry: If its legal where you live, you have the right to do it responsibly. However, should something adverse occur (i.e you miss your target and hit an innocent, you make a wrong judgement call) , be prepared to live with the choices you made. Don't go on the news and blame anyone but yourself.

Personally, I know my limits and I don't see a problem with having 1 beer with a meal when we go out to dinner. If I intend to have more than that, then the gun stays locked up. But I'm about 6,2 198 pounds, so I can't say that everyone could do the same. I have seen some fellows get more buzzed off of a cigarette than others after 3 or 4 beers. (If you don't think cigarettes alter your senses, your fooling yourself). Still , even with such little consumption, I realize that I am taking a "caclulated risk" and I am willing to take responsbility for that if need be.

Bottom line, know yourself, use your best judgement, and make a decision your willing to stand by.

just my two cents

Last edited:

killchain

Everyone spouts RCW's until the mary jane is mentioned, then it's "throw them laws out!"

It's against the law. You can support it or not, the fact is it's against the law. And we're all law abiding citizens here.

Once again...

Against the law.

Attachments

• facepalm.jpg
    facepalm.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 58

trooper46

Everyone spouts RCW's until the mary jane is mentioned, then it's "throw them laws out!"

It's against the law. You can support it or not, the fact is it's against the law. And we're all law abiding citizens here.

Once again...

Against the law.

Agreed to that as well. Having never used any type of illegal substance, all I can say about marijuana is that it was my brother's first drug of choice before continueing down the path of becoming a heroin addict and being disowned from the family (after 14 years of trying to save him). Not to say thats always what happens, but if it happened to him it can happen to others. I also noticed significant changes in personality, activity, and social life in two former friends that began using. As a result, thats the impression I'm left with whenever the word marijuana comes to mind.

If it's illegal don't do it.

Last edited:

amlevin

To those who say pot was legal for many years after this country was formed, your right. And then citizens, through their representatives in government, made it illegal. The same right exists today for those that want pot legal again as those who were successful in making it illegal.

You contact your representative and senators, make your case, and get the law changed. If enough people agree with your position it will happen. If your "representatives" aren't responsive, work to get them replaced with those more favorible to your view. Just bitching about it doesn't change things. If you believe pot has a place in our society you have the right to work on making it legal again. Until then it remains illegal.
I'm not for it, or against it. I just choose not to bother with it.

sudden valley gunner

Agreed to that as well. Having never used any type of illegal substance, all I can say about marijuana is that it was my brother's first drug of choice before continueing down the path of becoming a heroin addict and being disowned from the family (after 14 years of trying to save him). Not to say thats always what happens, but if it happened to him it can happen to others. I also noticed significant changes in personality, activity, and social life in two former friends that began using. As a result, thats the impression I'm left with whenever the word marijuana comes to mind.

If it's illegal don't do it.

Most people who say this and no offense to you but they totally forget alcohol, cigarettes, sniffing glue...and that many people who go down the path of hard drugs are determined to do so, and marijuana being illegal didn't stop him did it. I never buy this argument it is like saying guns are the path to becoming a murderer. I had a guy working for me who got hooked on heroin and he detested marijuana would never touch it.

Yes we are law abiding citizens, I don't smoke or endorse pot, I choose not to judge others who do (especially when the law is unconstitutional).

Again this is part where our elected representatives totally ignored the way this country was founded or how it is supposed to operate. They did not go about making marijuana illegal through proper channels they back doored it in using scare tactics and hysteria. (sound familiar, i.e, universal health care, stimulas plan) The men in black robes failed to uphold the constitution in this manner too. We are not a democracy where the majority get to just outlaw something they don't like, unfortunately it has been happening in way too many areas. I think the founding fathers would be disgusted with what they did and with the attitude of so many of the population who feel it is necessary to control what others do.

We fill our prisons with non violent victimless criminals, we cause a lot of violence and victims by this prohibition. Let's not forget the rise and strength of Organized Crime, came through prohibition of alcohol. ( a legal prohibition done through the proper channels, which again was largely ineffective, and ignored). Huge amount of tax dollars and uneccessary law agencies are spent on an uneffective "drug war", we have a huge border problem because of it, and people are needlessly being shot and killed because the government has upped the anti in the game, putting large amount of money and lives at risk.

Washington, California and other states are rightfully on a path of ignoring federal laws in these matters. I encourage them to continue, just like Montana, Utah and other states are on the righteous path of ignoring unconstitutional gun laws.

devildoc5

ok I hate to say it but I am getting sick and tired of the "pot was legal once why isn't it legal now?" and "the founding fathers did it why cant we?"

Ok well slavery was legal AND practiced by every single one of the founding fathers "back then" too.

Should we make slavery legal?

Tarring and feathering used to be legal, should we make that legal?

olypendrew

ok I hate to say it but I am getting sick and tired of the "pot was legal once why isn't it legal now?" and "the founding fathers did it why cant we?"

Ok well slavery was legal AND practiced by every single one of the founding fathers "back then" too.

Should we make slavery legal?

Tarring and feathering used to be legal, should we make that legal?

Slavery and tarring and feathering have victims. Some dude smoking a doobie before listening to his favorite band some Saturday night has no victim(s).

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
It is just amazing how those who use, support the use of illegal drugs ie in this thread Pot, still cannot and will not see beyond the smoke in their eyes that this support is not helping the legal carry of firearms and can only do harm to the cause.

olypendrew

It is just amazing how those who use, support the use of illegal drugs ie in this thread Pot, still cannot and will not see beyond the smoke in their eyes that this support is not helping the legal carry of firearms and can only do harm to the cause.

I am a libertarian. My cause is freedom, in general. The right to keep and bear arms is one aspect of that cause, as is the right to ride a motorcycle without a helmet, or refrain from wearing a seatbelt, or own a bar where patrons can smoke cigarettes, or marry someone of a different race, or worship whatever god(s) one follows, or put whatever substances into ones body that one sees fit. It's called being consistent.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I am a libertarian. My cause is freedom, in general. The right to keep and bear arms is one aspect of that cause, as is the right to ride a motorcycle without a helmet, or refrain from wearing a seatbelt, or own a bar where patrons can smoke cigarettes, or marry someone of a different race, or worship whatever god(s) one follows, or put whatever substances into ones body that one sees fit. It's called being consistent.

With this position which laws do you choose to ignore? or do you comply and work toward changing them?
On this topic as well olypendrew how will supporting the use of illegal drugs support the legal carry of firearms?

When the topic comes around to Pot Smoking and Firearms, how well is that received? mainly by those who partake in both, not by those who abstain from illegal drug usage or for that matter alcohol usage as well.