• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Preferred Calibur for OC/CC?

When I OC/CC, I chamber:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• OTHER

• Total voters

RedKnightt

imported post

Narcisist wrote:
Ditto, with an extra mag, that gives me 31 chances to hit a vital. Good odds. Ruger P95PR15 to be exact, tough to find a good holster though.
I feel your pain. I carry a .45 Baby Eagle and finding a non-generic holster for it has been a chore.

and Sgt Jensen? I'd like to see a pic of you OCing that "pistol" :) LOL

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

Francis Marion

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Yeah RIGHT.

THIS is the reason WHY I DON'T like fobus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKtgkZKmQ
I was issued a fobus once for my M9. I tried to break it in but after a couple weeks of working it, the only way I could draw was to grip very firmly, pull up, throw my elbow forward and yank hard; far from efficient. I ended up throwing it in the bottom of a duffle and picked up a leather pancake holster made localy in Afghanistan.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
and Sgt Jensen? I'd like to see a pic of you OCing that "pistol" :) LOL
I think it was longwatch that posted a picture of someone OC'ing an AR pistol.

I tried looking for it, but could not find it. :(

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I found it!

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/11783.html

attachment.php

Rottie

imported post

.45 caliber is what I carry. Springfield Ultra compact 1911 loaded with 230 grain federal Hydrashocks. 2 X 7 round magazines.

Porter N

imported post

I have a .40 and a 9mm I carry depending on what mood I'm in.

I'm not sure which caliber goes with which mood, tho.

and the Federal HST's are awesome rounds. I love the expansion I've gotten from them.

and as for the picture, someone on a different thread mentioned an AK pistol awhile back and i had to google image it to see if there was a pic of an OCing AK pistol. i found that pic, and thought it appropriate here as well.

Braveheart23C

imported post

You can probably guess by my name what I carry. I carry it chambered with a 13 round mag in it and a 15 round mag in my pocket. 180 grain Federal Hydrashoks.

Then there's also the Ruger LCP for around the house or running up to the Redbox.

Mrs. 23C carries a G26 with 11 round mags. 147 graind Hydrashoks in it.