• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ranger T-Series vs Golden Saber (.45 ACP)

What ammo would you rather carry for personal defense?

• Golden Saber 185gr .45 ACP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ranger T-Series 5th Gen 230gr .45 ACP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shooter45GAP

Opt-Out Members
imported post

rolexbenz190e wrote:
curtm1911: There are two generations of Ranger T's... This next picture was NOT taken by me, but it shows the difference between the two generations of Ranger T's

Spent45ACP.jpg

As you can see, the 5th Generations are on the left and the 4th Generations are on the right.
Actually, that's my picture and I'm glad you could use it to show a comparison (although I would have preferred credit or even a link to my Gunbroker auctions). :p

The 5th Generation Ranger T-Series in 45ACP is actually easy to spot in the 45 Caliber. If you look down from the tip of the bullet and follow the serration down, you will find an upside down V in the 5th Generation T-Series only.

You cannot count on what the box states. There are some unethical sellers out there that have been repackaging the old SXT in the new T-Series boxes. Also, Winchester shipped some of the T-Series in SXT boxes (old box stock they had left over?).

Other calibers in the T-Series are not as easy to see the upside down V, even with a magnifying glass but they are more pointed than the SXT Series.

FYI... The T-Series is the 5th Generation of the original Black Talon bullet. Winchester does not sell this to the general public but it's not illegal to buy or own (unless you have some odd local or State Laws that say otherwise).

rodbender

imported post

I think this report is very informative. However, for the comparison to be truly fair, itshould have been conducted with bullets of the same weight in each brand of ammo.

You are using the heaviest weight availablein the Rangers and the lightest weight available in the Golden Sabres.