• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

recent OC incident in Philly

Legba

I haven't been in the forum in ages, but I thought I'd share this gem in the news recently. Not sure about the current state of the carry laws with regard to metro Philadelphia vs. PA at large, but I'm pretty sure this response was inappropriate - not least preferring charges well after the fact:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/s...arass-threaten-shoot-man-legally-carrying-gun

There is audio from the incident linked in the article.

-ljp

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
This blew up on the forums when it happened back in march ( think it was march? April?). Good lookin' out though.

Legba

Sorry, the dateline for the story was May 16th. Thought it was "new" news. ;-/

-ljp

eye95

I search thread titles for "Philadelphia." The software found eight threads, three of which were clearly about the subject incident. Others may have been. I didn't bother checking.

An incident like this must have been discussed here. Finding those threads using the search feature ain't that hard.

Legba

I went to try a preliminary search, but there was an "image confirmation" request that was so blurred that I apparently read it wrong, so was not able to do so. I haven't been in here since the old software was used, sorry.

-ljp