• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shaggy's restaraunt anti 2A

georg jetson

I delayed posting this in the earlier part of the year because when I saw their "no weapons" sign, I emailed them to clarify and give them a chance to remove the sign. I received no response and I've confirmed their policy is indeed anti-2A. That's a shame because their food is excellent.

Though I live in Louisiana, I go out of my way to patronized nearby Mississippi businesses because the right to self defense is very well protected there. I can OC in a business that serves alcohol for consumption on it's premises, a no no in La. Usually we make a day out of it, shopping eating etc, and I don't have to worry about finding lunch at specific places absent of alcohol even if I'm not drinking. It's most unfortunate that a business in MS. would elect to be in direct conflict with something most Mississippians hold with the highest regard. Too bad. There are other places to eat in Ms. and I'll be checking out their menus.

R.D.

Shaggy's

I delayed posting this in the earlier part of the year because when I saw their "no weapons" sign, I emailed them to clarify and give them a chance to remove the sign. I received no response and I've confirmed their policy is indeed anti-2A. That's a shame because their food is excellent.

Though I live in Louisiana, I go out of my way to patronized nearby Mississippi businesses because the right to self defense is very well protected there. I can OC in a business that serves alcohol for consumption on it's premises, a no no in La. Usually we make a day out of it, shopping eating etc, and I don't have to worry about finding lunch at specific places absent of alcohol even if I'm not drinking. It's most unfortunate that a business in MS. would elect to be in direct conflict with something most Mississippians hold with the highest regard. Too bad. There are other places to eat in Ms. and I'll be checking out their menus.

N. No concealed handgun may be carried into and no concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to this Section shall authorize or entitle a permittee to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following:

(1) A law enforcement office, station, or building.

(2) A detention facility, prison, or jail.

(3) A courthouse or courtroom, provided that a judge may carry such a weapon in his own courtroom.

(4) A polling place.

(5) A meeting place of the governing authority of a political subdivision.

(6) The state capitol building.

(7) Any portion of an airport facility where the carrying of firearms is prohibited under federal law, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, if the firearm is encased for shipment, for the purpose of checking such firearm as lawful baggage.

(8) Any church, synagogue, mosque, or other similar place of worship, eligible for qualification as a tax-exempt organization under 26 U.S.C. 501, except as provided for in Subsection U of this Section.

(9) A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity.

(10) Any portion of the permitted area of an establishment that has been granted a Class A-General retail permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.

georg jetson

Read again more closely. OP lives in LA but patronizes Mississippi establishments for their legal right to choose.

Very true. He also did not include the statute number he quoted. It would have made his post even less relevant because it's from the code sections regulating CONCEALED carry only. I wonder if his intent was to deceive. Maybe not.