• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some Thoughts

Gunslinger

imported post

"Really?? So that means an insurance form has been submitted right? Getting close to being Libel Sheriff....."

Actually, no it's not.

The common law origins of defamation lie in the torts of slander (harmful statement in a transitory form, especially speech) and libel[4][/suP][5][/suP] (harmful statement in a fixed medium, especially writing but also a picture, sign, or electronic broadcast), each of which gives a common law right of action.

"Defamation" is the general term used internationally, and is used in this article where it is not necessary to distinguish between "slander" and "libel". Libel and slander both require publication.[6][/suP] The fundamental distinction between libel and slander lies solely in the form in which the defamatory matter is published. If the offending material is published in some fleeting form, as by spoken words or sounds, sign language, gestures and the like, then this is slander. If it is published in more durable form, for example in written words, film, compact disc (CD), DVD, blogging and the like, then it is considered libel." The debate whether Internet blogs or Bulletin Boards are publishers is a key subject being addressed, whereas an Internet based community is more akin to conversations in a bar or pub, with content being written as an ongoing dialog which is generally not edited or regulated such as in the publishing industry. "out-law.com

Gunslinger

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
Six pages of this in a few hours on New Years morning. This must be a record! My only comment--goes back to page one: cop apologists areexactlythe same as cop haters. Exactly. There is nodifference. The reality is always somewhere between the extremes, and both positions represent the extremes. Somewhere in the middle are the vast majority of cops to be judged. I hold cops to a higher standard, or they should never lie when taking the oath. There is nothing--short of a child molester, that I despise more than a dirty cop. Slightly over in the continuum are stupid, incompetent cops. At the other extreme is the cop who died trying to pull someone out of a burning wreck. Few cops deserve that placement--very few. Few are @#$%ing scumbags--although we publish them here in such a way that it seems there are a lot of them. A good many are stupid or joined because of their own psychological problems. Most are decent people doing a job more or less satisfactorily. That fact is what the 'haters/boot lickers' will never be able to internalize. Still,interesting discussion. I needed a bit of humor to start the day.
Vic likes to paint me as a "cop hater", but this post represents my views as well as if I had written it myself. +1000
I'm beginning to suspect that you are a Libertarian with strong leanings towards Neo-Conservatism, and I am a Neo-Conservative towards the Libertarian end. The biggest problem the 'right' has always had is that they don't make room at their table for those who differ only somewhat as to degree. Unlike the 'left' that have room for honest liberals like Humphrey as well as commie pos, Black 'power' types, Ceasar Chavez, tree huggers, et al. The right needs to learn from the left, as 'my enemies' enemies are my friends' has never been truer than it will be for the next four years.

EdifyGuy

Hunting bad gun laws from Harbor Springs, Michigan
imported post

Unfortunately, it's much easier to attack people than it is to attack ideas, and weak (small?) minds often resort to it. Once that has been done, it is natural, and sometimes necessary, for that person to defend himself, and sometimes the real discussion gets lost in the process, which is arguably the entire purpose of ad hominem (to the man, i.e. personal) attacks.

I certainly HOPE that Mr. Ad Hominem can manage to stay gone for awhile. Maybe a moderator could help him out by canceling his monitoring on these forums??? (Don't know if that's even possible though.)

mrbiggles

Banned
imported post

nitro has serious authority issues. no one would've ever guessed he was a LEO :?

he cries like a baby when you don't do what he says he cries like a woman when someone calls him out.

god help anyone who is on the order side of him while he was wearing his fake badge and pistol

mrbiggles

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
He is gone. Don't raise his specter. He'll likely return under another 'name' like others have done. Remember 'johnnyb'? Do you think he has been able to stay away? If so he's behaving himself.
who is jb?

Sheriff

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
Posted: Fri Jan 2nd, 2009 06:57 pm

Last edited on Sat Jan 3rd, 2009 04:40 am by nitrovic

(text totally removed)

This is really sad. Edit seems to be your standard mode of operation, a/k/a MO,to cover your electronic tracks everywhere it seems.

But since I saved the text in screenshot form, let me comment on some of your "totally edited out" remarks anyway....

1- The members here on the Open Carry forumswould most likely say the same things to your face that they have said here in the forums. I don't think youscare anybody. Going out the door of the Open Carry forums you just had to look back and call everybody cowards, didn't you? But then you decided you didn't want Mike and John to see you telling the membership here off.

2- Nobody here on the Open Carry forums cares how manymembers here you think arehas beens,police wannabes,and fired cops.

3- The people here aren't "E-bullies" as you called them, they simply took a stand against you and your constantand repeated actions in disrupting the Open Carry forums on a daily basis.

EDIT: grammatical error

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

While I don't want to get a reputation for being the voice of reason. The guy claims he will not be back. Lets take him at his word for that for now and stop attacking or even discussing him. The surest way for all of this to start up again is for all of you to give him good reason to return.

Please lets all just let it go.

Regards

Sheriff

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
While I don't want to get a reputation for being the voice of reason. The guy claims he will not be back.
I just felt everybody needed to know what he edited out. :cool:

Hawkflyer wrote:
..... stop ..... discussing him.
Agreed.:monkey

Decoligny

imported post

Wow, just stumble upon this amazing news.

I keep hearing the munchkins from Wizard of Oz singing in the background

"Ding Dong, the witch is dead, which old witch, the wicked witch."

:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate