• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St. Helena's code

barf

I will plan on driving up again on July 13.

AmosMoses, see if you can get down to LaPlace Wednesday, July 7 so everyone can meet you. Now that you are a Blue member and everything.

What's the deal with this? is the July 13 pj meeting still on tap?

AmosMoses

Couldn't make the meeting Wednesday....obviously....I was up to my elbows in grandbaby poopoo diapers (did ya'll know that they make diapers that are colored like little denim jeans??? WTFIUWT?). I asked the secretary of the Police Jury if she could put me on the emailing list for the agendas when they roll out from now on, and she did. I got an email that there was to be a "special meeting" on the 8th, and I looked and made sure that we were not somehow on that one...we weren't. It was a very short agenda for some special purpose deal that I can't even recall exactly what it was. It wasn't us, for sure.

We'll be on the 13th, and I can post the agenda here if need be. Or, at least the agenda entry regarding our issue, and it's numerical assignment. Hopefully we are at the top of the list again.

AmosMoses

Vote to adopt amended ordinance on agenda:

We were once again placed favorably on the agenda as Item #2, which is preceded only by the Public Comment.

ST. HELENA PARISH POLICE JURY
REGULAR SESSION
6:00 PM, TUESDAY, JULY 13, 2010

AGENDA

Invocation

Roll Call

Jule Charles Wascom
Thomas J. Wicker
Theodore McCray, Jr.
Frank E. Johnson
Major Coleman
Doug Watson

1. Public comment

2. Adopt ordinance to revise, amend, enact and re-enact sections15-2 and 15-4 of chapter 15 of the St. Helena Parish Code of Ordinances. (Emphasis Supplied.)

3. The Intergovernmental Agreement with Tangipahoa Communication District Number One, effective July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011 placed on the July 8 agenda in the amount of $49,258.56 was incorrect. The correct amount should have been $52,018.56. Approve payment of difference in the amount of $2,760.00.

4.. Bob Lang Candidate for U S Senate to speak.

5. Stefen Givens:
a. Introduce the new parish chair, Ms. Angela Myles.
b. Discuss the police jury’s continued support in the cooperative agreement between the police jury and the LSU AgCenter.

6. Tim Hart request approval of the H & H Project Pay Estimate for the St. Helena Water District No 2 Project in the amount of $29,616.14.

7. Rita Allen:
a. Request to ask for quotes on the insulation on the David Allen Station
b. Have crushed concrete placed in the driveway and parking areas of the new main station and David Allen.

8. Petrie Baker to address issues regarding Hattie Lane.

9. Tresa Byrd Building Department:
a. Consider removing the minimum fees from residential inspections.
b. Discuss the property located at 75 Hattie Lane, Pine Grove.

10. Shenedda Lee E911: Request Carey Sr. Lane is accepted into the parish as a private road. The road is located North off Hill Rd.

11. Istrouma Area Boy Scouts 2010 Annual Business & Industry Leaders’ Lunch will be held on Thursday, August 5, 2010 from 12:00-1:30 p.m. Keynote speaker Gov. Bobby Jindal.

12. Property adjudicated to the parish May 12, 2010:
a. Ward 5, Lot8-T, Thomas Guillot .24 Acre Sec54 T2S R6E Tickfaw River Resort' Ward 5, 4 lots Paul Falcon, 101 Acre Sec54 T2S R6E
b. Ward 5, Lot 2, Paul Falcon .30 Acre Sec54 T2S R6E
c. Ward 5, Amazing Homes 1.881 Acre Sec54 T2S R6E
d. Ward 5, Darren Johnson Sec54 T2S R6E .38 Acre'
e. Ward 5, Veronica Smith .80 Acre Sec54 T2S R6E
f. Ward 5, Peters, Alverez, & Rosemary .59 Acre Sec54 T2S R6E
g. Ward 5, R. Johnson 1.518 Acre Sec54 T4S, R6E
h. Ward 5, Long Beach Mortgage .89 Acre Sec54 T2S R6E
i. Ward 5, Darren Johnson Sec54 T2S R6E .13 Acre
j. Ward 1, Land & Natural Resources, TF&B Oil Company Lucy Lee #1
k. Ward 3, Vanderbilt Mortgage 1 Acre Sec38 T3S R5E
l. Ward 4, 3 Poker Machines @ Riverside Lodge 6/2010
m. Ward 4, Sybil Carter 60'x100' Lot Sec 43 T4S R4E

13. Approve minutes from June 22 & July 8, 2010.

14. Approve checks written after the last regular meeting in the total amount of $206,815.42 and tonight’s checks totaling $_______________.

15. Accept cell phone, fuel, and/or work reports by Superintendent.

16. Approve employees’ leave time report.

17. Approve Requisitions, as per copies presented to Jurors.

Last edited:

AmosMoses

We got it- unanimously....

Just got back from the SHPPJ meeting. We won, 5 zip (one juror was absent).

A big thank you to everyone who helped out!!

sraacke

Just got back from the SHPPJ meeting. We won, 5 zip (one juror was absent).

A big thank you to everyone who helped out!!
We just missed you. Smokepole and I got there about 8 minutes after 6pm and tehy ahd already gotten halfway down the agenda. Smokepole and I stayed until the meeting ended and spoke with the Lawyer (Mr Speed) and some of the Jury members. I also spoke to Bob Lang who was their guest and is running for US Senate.

AmosMoses

yale,

I must have JUST missed you all. I hit the road right after they voted. It happened extremely fast - no Public Comment by anyone, a few words on the amended ordinance by juror Mr. Wicker, who incidentally was asking questions to make sure that the new ordinance wasn't too restrictive, a quick vote on the amended ordinance, then they were on to the next item. I would say that I was on the road at 6:04.

Clifton - the lawyer - is a really good guy. I've known him for years, and am actually distantly related to him. He's an extremely honest, hard working guy.

Did you happen to look at anything about Lang, the Senate candidate, on the internet? He sounds like a good guy, and I am quite sure he would have been very receptive to you all. He's a combat vet who touts OathKeepers.org, and calls the John Warner Defense Appropriations Act an outright assault on The Posse Comitatus Act. I didn't see him there when I was there, not that I could tell, anyway.

Thanks again, you guys!

sraacke

Lang was running late. He got there right as they were finishing with the last item on the agenda. He was given the floor and spoke for a couple of minutes. The meeting adjourned and he spoke to a few other people and then left. We were on the road by 6:45 and were the last to leave, I think.