• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St. Louis Side O.C. Meeting?

mspgunner

It is not necessary to own a firearm or carry one to go to a meet-up.

Come on out...........

Hello

I just moved to Festus last year and have been lurking for a while, I would like to attend but i do not own a Pistol. Do you guys guys mind if I come out anyway? I don't think I can/want to OC my AR-10 LOL :p

Also I have about 100 Yards on my property to target practice after if anyone wants to drop by and do that. (I'm literally 5-7 minutes from the meet spot, about 6-7 miles.

Also I have been told many times that OC was not okay in CC and was fine in Festus, did that change and people just don't know?

A little about me

did 6 years Air Force, was a comm troop (3C-2) now work as gov contractor.
always around shot guns and rifles since I can remember,
NRA member
4 dogs
Worlds Worst speller awarded for past 25 years LOL
Do Photography on the side as a hobby
Also like drag racing but my car has been OOC for 4+ years :(

Broondog

ok well now isn't this interesting?

Crystal City, MO
http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=10306

Sec. 17-94. - Firearms and other weapons; carrying, exhibiting, selling to minors, exceptions.
hyperlink.png

(a)
It shall be unlawful for any person(s) to carry concealed on or about his person a dangerous or deadly weapon of any kind or description; nor shall any person or persons enter into any church or place where people have assembled for religious worship, or into any schoolroom or place where people are assembled for educational, political, literary or social purposes, or to any election precinct on any election day, or into any courtroom during the sitting of court, or into any other public assemblage of persons met for any lawful purpose other than for militia drill, or meetings called under militia law of this state, having on or about his person, concealed or exposed, any kind of firearms, bowie knife, springback knife, razor, metal knuks, billy, sword, cane, dirk, dagger, slingshot or other similar deadly weapon.

Festus, MO
http://z2codes.sullivanpublications.com/sullivan/Z2Browser2.html?showset=festusset

[h=4]SECTION 210.250: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE[/h] A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:

snip.....

10. Openly carries or discharges a firearm or openly carries any other weapon readily capable of lethal use within the City limits; *or

Festus must have changed theirs recently but i'll be damned if the Crystal City code i have printed from '09 doesn't say the same thing i just pasted in.

but i have OC'd on both towns (it's very hard to define a border) with no issues, even at Wal Mart where the city line supposedly runs thru the middle of the store.

i guess i have been breaking the law for some time now.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
It has been against the law in Festus for quite some time.

mspgunner

The Facebook page for the OC event explains it. The code is old, no one in Crystal City including the Police Chief and the City Administrator cares in people OC.
The Police chief and soem of his officers may join us on Sunday.
I have suggested to the person organizing the event thathe go to the City Council and change the local laws.
It is so out of date it does not even recognize the CCW law in Missouri.

Crystal City, MO

Festus, MO
http://z2codes.sullivanpublications.com/sullivan/Z2Browser2.html?showset=festusset

Festus must have changed theirs recently but i'll be damned if the Crystal City code i have printed from '09 doesn't say the same thing i just pasted in.

but i have OC'd on both towns (it's very hard to define a border) with no issues, even at Wal Mart where the city line supposedly runs thru the middle of the store.

Turbo v6 camaro

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf...gl=us&ei=JkKWUaCwH8Xw0gGNioDoDg&ved=0CLMBELYD

see dotted line (may want to click "map" if its hard to see), it does in fact go threw the middle of the store, MO just needs a preemt law for opencarry and switchblades already.

Crystal City, MO

Festus, MO

Turbo v6 camaro

The Facebook page for the OC event explains it. The code is old, no one in Crystal City including the Police Chief and the City Administrator cares in people OC.
The Police chief and soem of his officers may join us on Sunday.
I have suggested to the person organizing the event thathe go to the City Council and change the local laws.
It is so out of date it does not even recognize the CCW law in Missouri.

what about festus ?

Broondog

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
but i just have to wonder if the $5 DVD aisle is in the friendly zone? ;)

Nah, you have to remember this is the gooberment an that means even close to an area because you MIGHT cross the line. Learned that from chapelle-nadel (on purpose) at the hearing. Seems according to the gooberment, you should "not be allowed to have a firearm in a car in case you might just one day all of the sudden decide to become a criminal." while I put it into quotes i can't confirm it is exact as I was not prepared for something so stupid, but I assure you that is VERY close to word for word what was said lol.

I am not sure you should be allowed to have them dvd's either cause you might decide to be a criminal and copy them and while that is a debatable crime, it must make you a terrorist as it now falls under "homeland security" and tht means it must be important.

Damn broon, I think you might just be a rebel!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Unfortunately I will not make the meet. Packing for Memphis as the day begins and not leaving till around 2 or 3 so i will hit festus much closer to 4 or 5.

I have to make monies so I can begin mapping out next years conspiracy :)

mspgunner

Unfortunately I will not make the meet. Packing for Memphis as the day begins and not leaving till around 2 or 3 so i will hit festus much closer to 4 or 5.

I have to make monies so I can begin mapping out next years conspiracy :)

You get special consideration!
Here is the Facebook page for any one still undecided:
https://www.facebook.com/events/442036219219742/?ref=14

I'm getting a bit burned out on all the rallies and get togethers, but it does help new people learnand hopefully get more involved.
Aug. 28th (If the Governor is not an idiot) is the day I really want to see!

It's still 3 months away.. A long time. Sept. 11th (Veto session) is even further. Oh well, we've worked on this for three years, I guess we can hold out for 3 months............

Big Boy

Good meet up, about 25ish people.

Couple of new guys who came unarmed to ask questions and feel it out. If you guys have any questions about OC, CC, or firearms in general shoot me a pm.

Sorry I didn't really make it to the other end of the table, maybe next time. I was the guy in the black polo sitting directly across from Mark.

Turbo v6 camaro

nice meeting everyone, i was on the far end of the table, I was not arm only cause i dont own a sidearm yet. ( i did have my knives on me lol) And i forgot my camera

also can someone link to the FB page? i cant find it