• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SWATing.

solus

I don't disagree with anything you say other than it is dispatch making those calls. It is the PD's SOP's that dictate who and how man go to calls. A dispatcher can't MAKE 1 officer go to a call if the PD has a policy saying they don't respond to this or that situation.

see post # 52 on this thread...

nuff said

ipse

willy1094

Since you were not approached, and your rights not violated I see no problem with posting. Except for the lie about the permit, the most the caller could be charged with is abusing 911. If the PDF is an accurate account of his words. He reported a man carrying a legal gun, which is not a crime. He should be charged with abuse of the system, which is only a misdemeanor in most states.

The dispatcher is the real screw up here, he endangered the officers lives, and possibly yours by sending them on a non crime. They could have got in an accident while driving in a hurry endangering innocent citizens. The dispatcher deserves some training, and a warning not to do it again.

TWO (2) officers were dispatched 09:53:49 and others called out on it. That dispatcher must have been trying to KILL EVERYONE. LOL :shocker: :banghead:

Last edited:

willy1094

see post # 52 on this thread...

nuff said

ipse

Not sure the point you are trying to make. I've read every post. My statement seems to me along the same lines as yours in that post in that the people make changes to how police respond are within the police department, not dispatchers. Once it's on the radio, it's up to the responders to proceed accordingly. Dispatcher typically don't make up the story, but I won't say it NEVER happens. The only thing is, if it does happen it is SO easy to discover it happened. Every aspect of what a dispatcher hears, says and does it recorded. They'd have to be pretty stupid to lie. Liability is a HUGE driving force. CIYA is not just a term but a way of life.

Post #54 is spot on. I'm simply trying to provide an insight of how things really work, now how we want them to work. I can only provide the information, I can't make anyone read it. Preformed opinions are a roadblock (more like speed bump) I deal with daily so I don't sweat it.

Last edited: