• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Hiroshima Myth

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Anyone paying attention knows that that's EXACTLY what I've done.

The first step was to not be buffaloed into falling for your deliberate mis-characterizations of your own "arguments".

Words mean things... and very rarely the things you pretend they do.

Again, it's clear you haven't bothered to read a thing I've actually said.

You're so emotional over the OP's article that you've been unable to take a breath and stop being defensive for long enough to read a single thing anybody else has written.

You haven't rebutted a single "argument" I've made this entire time (I've actually made precious few arguments in this entire thread). You have, instead, destroyed straw men which have, perhaps, much to do with the original article, but nothing to do with my own statements.

This is clear thanks to your repeated attempts to ask me rhetorical questions clearly designed to get me to contradict something you imagine I said, but which in fact are complete non-sequiturs had you bothered to take one minute of your time to read what I actually wrote.

You are, of course, completely free to assume whatever you like about me, assign to me straw men, and even to completely convince yourself that those straw are, in fact, my arguments. That doesn't mean you're right, and it certainly doesn't mean that "anyone paying attention" would share your conclusion (although a few clearly do).

In short, it's you who has been and is continuing to "mischaracterize" my arguments. Basically the only argument I've made this entire time I quoted coming out of your own mouth: justice/righteousness and sound foreign policy are not necessarily the same. And yet you've come up with all these wild contrivances about what you imagine I've said – all completely false. That's on you, whether you care to admit it or not.

Last edited: