Major thanks to everyone for all the hard work! It will continue!
How did you legally open carry in the City of Union? I thought open carry there was against city code so I looked it up. I don't even see an exception for open carry on private property, and there is no exception for a person with a concealed carry permit.
SECTION 215.373: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE
A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:
1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or
2. Sets a spring gun; or
3. Discharges or shoots a firearm within the City limits except as authorized for hunting in Appendix A of Title IV of this Code;* or
4. Exhibits, in the presence of one (1) or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner; or
5. Has a firearm or projectile weapon readily capable of lethal use on his/her person, while he/she is intoxicated, and handles or otherwise uses such firearm or projectile weapon in either a negligent or unlawful manner or discharges such firearm or projectile weapon unless acting in self defense; or
6. Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use within the City limits; or
7. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.
I got the ordinance from here:
Wouldn't the blanket open carry prohibition violate both the U.S. and MO State constitutions??
I looked it up as well and it does seem that they have an ordinance. They must have passed it sometime recently because when I first started OCin about 3 or 4 years ago they had no ordinance. WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS!