• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The OC SURVIVAL THREAD, for you tin foil hat types

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mountain House.... Freeze dried food SALE

20% OFF MOUNTAIN HOUSE #10 CANS at TheEpicenter.com *

As authorized by the manufacturer, we are announcing our last Mountain
House #10 Can Sale of 2009! Sale begins Monday 12/07/09 and ends on Friday
12/18/09.

FREE SHIPPING on all #10 Cans!

Please allow up to 10 business days for order processing and up to 5
additional business days for delivery of your order.

With our best regards,

The Crew at TheEpicenter.com
(541) 684-0717
(541) 338-9050 FAX

* Sale excludes Mountain House #10 Military Overruns and only 10% off on
the Raw Egg Mix.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

onepixel.gif
BePrepared.com is brought to you by...

onepixel.gif

---- Shop by Brand ---- Bosch Food Processing Equipment Camelbak Hydration Packs Katadyn Water Filters and Purifiers Lexan Mountain House Freeze Dried Foods MSR Camping and Backpacking Gear Provident Pantry Freeze Dried Foods SNAPWARE Storage Containers
onepixel.gif
rightnavback2.gif

Order History>>
View Cart - 1 items
onepixel.gif

onepixel.gif

Place Orders Toll-Free
1-800-999-1863
leftnav-bottom.gif
onepixel.gif

rightnav-quickorder.gif

Order Multiple Items »
leftnav-bottom.gif
onepixel.gif

leftnav_yourquickshop.gif

• Freeze Dried in Mountain House Pouches
leftnav-bar.gif

• Freeze Dried Foods In #10 Cans
leftnav-bar.gif

• Superpails
leftnav-bar.gif

• Dehydrated Food Storage in Cans
leftnav-bar.gif

• Provident Pantry® Freeze Dried Food in Cans
leftnav-bar.gif

• MRE (Meals Ready to Eat)
leftnav-bar.gif

• Build Your Own First Aid Kit
leftnav-bar.gif

[align=right]Display All Items >>
leftnav-bar.gif

[/align]
leftnav-bottom.gif
onepixel.gif

leftnav-browse.gif
Food Storage Food Storage - Year Supply Units Food Storage - Freeze Dried Foods Food Storage - Dehydrated & Dry Foods MRE (Meals Ready to Eat) Food Storage Containers
Kitchen Processing Items Water Storage and Accessories
Emergency Kits
and Components
Emergency Power and Chargers First Aid Build Your Own First Aid Kit Preparedness Education Radios and Communication Sanitation & Hygiene Tools and Knives Warmth & Coverings Water Filters, Purifiers, and Accessories
Camping Preparedness Shelter Navigation Equipment Cooking Stoves and Accessories

leftnav-articles.gif
Valuable information on how to prepare for emergencies, build your food storage and much more.
onepixel.gif
Click Here
leftnav-bottom.gif
onepixel.gif

leftnav-recipeBox.gif
Help turn your food storage program into a lifestyle and provide a great way to rotate and replenish your foods.
onepixel.gif
Click Here
leftnav-bottom.gif
onepixel.gif

ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES [align=center] Get Special Offers from
Emergency Essentials [/align]

_qacct="p-24DIebkHcWBY-";quantserve();
p-24DIebkHcWBY-.gif

Welcome To Emergency Essentials
“Helping People Prepare…for over 20 years. Offering Food Storage, Emergency Kits, Water Filtration, First Aid, MRE (Meals Ready to Eat), Survival Kits, Camping Gear, disaster preparedness and more! We are committed to serving you with over 900 products!" [align=center] Kitchen Processing Items
Hand Grain Mill

A simple way to convert your stored grains into wholesome flour or cracked wheat cereal. A storage plan must because it works even when the power is out.
[/align][align=right]$59.99$69.95 [/align] Car Emergency Kits
Roadwise Emergency Kit

This kit includes items specially selected for storage in your automobile. A must-have kit in case you are stranded in your car.
[align=right]$30.99$36.95 [/align] Radios & Power
Kaito® Voyager™

[align=right]$44.99$49.95 [/align]
[align=right]More Kitchen Processing Items>>[/align][align=right]More Food Processing Equipment>>[/align][align=right]More Grains & Flours>>[/align] [align=left]
[/align]
[align=right]More Car Emergency Kits>>[/align][align=right]More 72 Hour Kits & Emergency Kits>>[/align][align=right]More Emergency Kits>>[/align] [align=left]
[/align]
[align=right]More Radios & Power>>[/align][align=right]More Emergency Radios and Communication>>[/align] [align=left]
[/align] Emergency Kits
ReadyWise I™ Emergency Kit

[align=right]$99.99$119.95 [/align] First Aid
352-Piece First Aid Kit (Soft Case)

This kit exceeds both OSHA and ANSI guidelines. This kit has been evaluated and recommended by doctors and EMTs.
[align=right]$29.99$36.95 [/align] Emergency Lighting
Emergency Candle Gift Combo (Holiday Red)

Each candle burns liquid paraffin for more than 100 hours of continuous light.
[align=right]$45.00 [/align]
[align=right]More Emergency Kits>>[/align][align=right]More 72 Hour Kits & Emergency Kits>>[/align] [align=left]
[/align]
[align=right]More First Aid>>[/align][align=right]More First Aid Kits>>[/align][align=right]More Individual First-Aid Supplies>>[/align] [align=left]
[/align]
[align=right]More Emergency Lighting>>[/align][align=right]More Emergency Candles>>[/align] [align=left]
[/align] Mountain House Entree Combos
3-Month Supply of Lunch and Dinner

This supplies one person with approximately three months of a good variety of food.
[align=right]$599.99$699.95 [/align] Pastas
Elbow Macaroni

Elbow Macaroni for your home food storage.
[align=right]$7.99$12.50 [/align] Kitchen Processing Items
Nutrimill™ Wheat Grinder

The Nutrimill offers low temperature grinding to preserve the nutrients in your grains...
[align=right]$239.99$269.99 [/align]
[align=right]More Mountain House Entree Combos>>[/align][align=right]More Mountain House Freeze Dried Entrees>>[/align] [align=left]
[/align]
[align=right]More Pastas>>[/align][align=right]More Food Storage - Dehydrated and Dry Foods>>[/align][align=right]More Food-Grade Storage Containers>>[/align] [align=left]
[/align]
[align=right]More Kitchen Processing Items>>[/align][align=right]More Wheat Grinders>>[/align][align=right]More Grains & Flours>>[/align] [align=left]
[/align]
]
icon_catalog.gif

onepixel.gif

Buy in Bulk and save with our
[size=Group Program]

[size=[i]Learn More >>[/i]]

onepixel.gif

leftnav-requestacat.gif
onepixel.gif

requestacat.jpg

Click Here[/url]
leftnav-bottom.gif
onepixel.gif

rightnav_emerpreparestate.gif
onepixel.gif

Click Here
leftnav-bottom.gif
onepixel.gif

onepixel.gif

Testimonials
I must say that I have been completely satisfied with Emergency Essentials from a price point, quality point, product selection and very fast delivery. Oh and not to forget the really good price on the shipping itself.

M. R., ID

I just wanted to say thank you for having the opportunities to work with such great people. I think your customer service is GREAT! and I really appreciate your time in helping me answer questions or concerns. Thanks!

Jessica N, OH
rightnav-freenews.gif
onepixel.gif

[size=[i]Email Address[/i]]
Privacy Policy
leftnav-bottom.gif
onepixel.gif

Click here to Apply for Available
Jobs
at Emergency Essentials

onepixel.gif

onepixel.gif
Home| Group Specials| Customer Service| Retail Stores| View our Return Policy
Shipping Rates| Contact Us| About Us| FAQs| Site Map| Related Links
onepixel.gif

Copyright 2009 Emergency Essentials ®
653 North 1500 West, Orem, UT 84057. 1-800-999-1863
]
onepixel.gif

Note: Supplies may be limited and prices are subject to change without notice.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
McX wrote:
We added in a large generator the other day, for the shop, for emergency use.
gennies are always nice to have , i want to get one here at my residence.

Generators are fine as long as you have a sufficient supply of fuel on hand to run them. Problem comes if you have an extended period of mass power outage. Gasoline doesn't keep well for long periods, it loses it's octane. I think deisel does too.

You might be better off looking into installing a solar or wind power source, that could provide power for the long haul. There are a few DIY systems on the market that others have developed that are suppose to be able to help you switch over from line power that you buy, to sulf sustaining power sources.

Many of the Mennonites here have solar panels installed on their homes. Their lighting is of the 12v RV type, with power inverters to run 110-120 appliances. All they have to worry with is replacing storage batteries (deep cycle) now and then.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
McX wrote:
We added in a large generator the other day, for the shop, for emergency use.
gennies are always nice to have , i want to get one here at my residence.

Generators are fine as long as you have a sufficient supply of fuel on hand to run them. Problem comes if you have an extended period of mass power outage. Gasoline doesn't keep well for long periods, it loses it's octane. I think deisel does too.

You might be better off looking into installing a solar or wind power source, that could provide power for the long haul. There are a few DIY systems on the market that others have developed that are suppose to be able to help you switch over from line power that you buy, to sulf sustaining power sources.

Many of the Mennonites here have solar panels installed on their homes. Their lighting is of the 12v RV type, with power inverters to run 110-120 appliances. All they have to worry with is replacing storage batteries (deep cycle) now and then.
I am planning on a getting this Honda gennie next year ,

EU3000iSA
  • 3000 watts, 120V
  • Power for your furnace, fridge, microwave, most 13,500 BTU RV AC units, and more
  • Super quiet
  • Convenient electric start
  • Fuel efficient - up to 20 hrs on 3.4 gals of gas
  • Inverter - stable power for computers and more
MSRP $1,999.95*

and then have the ability to store 30 - 40 gallons of fuel , that would be about 2 weeks worth of power if running 24 / 7 , which I would not run for that long constantly. Solar / wind, etc >> that's a pipe dream for me, way toooo expensive. yes, living off the grid would be ideal...but I am not wealthy enough for that kind of an investment & I rent so my landlord won't go for it either.:?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McX wrote:
The generator is part of a bigger picture; we also have kerosene, lamps, and heater. We have some gas around, but usually there's plenty of machines around to scarf gas from if needed. We also, ofcourse, have a firearm, and ammunition. Not too extreme, but not too bad either, I'll bet the other area business owners have no provisions to fall back on.
I have oil lamps , lot's of oil.....a case of emergency candles , a small propane heater for use with the 1 pound tanks , once I get the gennie , I will pick up a electric heater. , guns & ammo I took to the extreme:lol::lol::lol:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McX wrote:
It appears, at the end of the world, it will be you and me, with few others.
sadly you are correct. even uncle sam has been advising us to prepare, at ready.gov they tell everyone to have a bug out kit put together , at least 3- 4 days worth of emergency rations at a minimum. Because our government knows when the Big crappola hit's the fan , they can't help you. Remember Katrina , it took them a full week to bring in a small trickle of supplies. Imagine a nationwide Katrina event. Your gonna die, unless you have prepared. The police will be overwhelmed with a day, looting will take place, etc.

Everyone should be aiming at 6 months Minimum. It could happen next week.
I know 6 months after it happens, I will still be around:).

Food - canned non perishable
Water - bottled / 55 gallon blue drums & a few drops of bleach
medical supplies
Candles, flashlights, BATTERIES
medicines
toilet paper
Extra TOOTHPASTE-tooth brush ( 6 large tubes Minimum )
SOAP - SHAMPOO - Personal hygenie supplies
Female Hygenie supplies - Tampons / pads for your wife.
heat - cold weather
electricity - can you live with out it ?
guns & ammo - for security
cooking supplies - Propane camping stoves & lot's of propane ( ive got 40 - 1 pound bottles )
water filtration ( you might be drinking from creeks & streams )
a shovel for digging your out house pit.
Dog food - or do you plan on eating your buddy.
deodorant - or do you plan on stinking
WASHING CLOTHES = Big bucket / wash board & detergent
RID - for lice ..i suggest shaving your head & all body hair after to prevent lice
etc, etc, etc, etc.

protias

imported post

Dang Glock34, that is a bit of supplies you have there. I can't wait to get my own place so I can have the same amount of supplies.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

One word of advice to those that live in the city..........GET OUT NOW!

You can store up 6 months of food, but what will you do after six months if you can't grow your own to replenish. Don't expect more provisions being shipped in from usual suppiers. There may not be any means to get food stocks to you. There is not enough space to grow a sufficient garden in most cities, and even if there were, you'd have to stand guard over it as if it were Ft Knox. Good luck with that.

Having a parcial of land in a rural area is your only hope of being able to produce your own food supply. You should also do some ressearch into how the early pioneers did things to survive without the modern luxuries we have today, like electricity. It's not outside the rim of possibility that we could find ourselves in the same boat they were in. They managed to get by, so can we. We just have to learn to get by with less.

If you get out of the city and move to a place where you can grow a sufficient size garden, you better be stocking up on Mason jars and lids, too. That's something else that you may not be able to replace. You'll need them to preserve your vegies, so you'll have something to eat between harvest.

Personally, I see food as being the new currency, should we experience an all out national disaster.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

protias wrote:
Dang Glock34, that is a bit of supplies you have there. I can't wait to get my own place so I can have the same amount of supplies.
LOL, no that was just an example of a really nicely stocked long term pantry I got from AR15.com. Mine is not as big...but is getting bigger all the time. I am at 6 months worth of preps now...will start going for a years worth of supplies any day now. everytime I go grocery shopping I pick up a few dozen canned goods. I does not take long to have a nice little SHTF pantry. But ya gotta have lot's of water too, I have like 25 cases of water downstairs , working towards 40 cases. I have 1 - 55 gallon drum for water, but will have 2 more in month. Without clean drinking water you die.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
One word of advice to those that live in the city..........GET OUT NOW!

You can store up 6 months of food, but what will you do after six months if you can't grow your own to replenish. Don't expect more provisions being shipped in from usual suppiers. There may not be any means to get food stocks to you. There is not enough space to grow a sufficient garden in most cities, and even if there were, you'd have to stand guard over it as if it were Ft Knox. Good luck with that.

Having a parcial of land in a rural area is your only hope of being able to produce your own food supply. You should also do some ressearch into how the early pioneers did things to survive without the modern luxuries we have today, like electricity. It's not outside the rim of possibility that we could find ourselves in the same boat they were in. They managed to get by, so can we. We just have to learn to get by with less.

If you get out of the city and move to a place where you can grow a sufficient size garden, you better be stocking up on Mason jars and lids, too. That's something else that you may not be able to replace. You'll need them to preserve your vegies, so you'll have something to eat between harvest.

Personally, I see food as being the new currency, should we experience an all out national disaster.
seeds, here you go...

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]SHTF Victory Garden[/font]

[align=left][font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"]Click on the picture to enlarge[/font][/align] [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Open up a can, when the SHTF.

Stock-up for the future with these 16 jumbo-size, easy to grow garden vegetables. These special open pollinated 100% non-hybrid seed selections are packed in exclusive E-Z Lock resealable bags, with triple-layered foil packets for extra protection.

Precisely-dried for storage up to 4 years.Complete with 8-page "Gardening-Made-Easy" instructional guide.

Each sealed & date-stamped can contains:
SWEET CORN. Golden Bantam. 5 oz.
ONION. Utah Sweet Spanish. 10 g.
SPINACH. Bloomsdale Long Standing. 10 g.
WINTER SQUASH. Waltham Butternut. 10 g.
SQUASH ZUCCHINI. Black Beauty. 10 g.
RADISH. Champion. 10 g.
TOMATO. Rutgers. 5 g.
SWISS CHARD. Lucullus. 10 g.
PEA. Lincoln. 10 oz.
BEET. Detroit Dark Red. 10 g.
CABBAGE. Golden Acre. 10 g.
LETTUCE. Barcarolle Romaine. 5 g.
CUCUMBER. Marketmore 76. 10 g.
CARROT. Scarlet Nantes. 10 g.
PEPPER. Yolo Wonder. 5 g.
POLE BEAN. Blue Lake. 5 oz.

Totals: 659 grams of Open Pollinated Non-hybrid Vegetable Seed.
[/font]

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Where's the wheat and field corn seed. Unless you produce these commodities yourself or know someone near by that does, that you can barter with, you won't be eating much bread or cornbread. You'll need yeast for the bread, too.

There are so many little details that most people don't think about. And I'm only talking about food suppies.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Where's the wheat and field corn seed. Unless you produce these commodities yourself or know someone near by that does, that you can barter with, you won't be eating much bread or cornbread. You'll need yeast for the bread, too.

There are so many little details that most people don't think about. And I'm only talking about food suppies.
no yeast, unleavened bread. Flour & water.

okboomer

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:

He'll be trading his skills to the farmer he knows that lives out of town for the wheat and field corn he grows :cool: