• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The police know about this site and other sites like these.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

VORiaSOI wrote:
i had a cop buddy of mine one time tell me that most people were spoiled, selfish, non personal responsibility having idiots. i told him i thought he was an ass, and that wasnt true. he said "you paint me with a broad brush", i can paint you too.....

just something i try and keep in my head.
Good point to remember.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
VORiaSOI wrote:
i had a cop buddy of mine one time tell me that most people were spoiled, selfish, non personal responsibility having idiots. i told him i thought he was an ass, and that wasnt true. he said "you paint me with a broad brush", i can paint you too.....

just something i try and keep in my head.
Good point to remember.

I'll change my opinion when I see a campaign in police circles to un-brick the Blue Wall of Silence.

For an individual officer, I'll ask when he last published an article or letter to the editor in a police journal against the BWS.

Same for police accreditation agencies. From what I can tell after minimal contact, they seem to be happy to write guidelines and policies thePD's can adopt so forth, but do little to investigate breaches or withold accreditation. The accreditation agencies want to be a customer of the PDs. The local governments want the acceditation for the PD because it reduces insurance rates.

In any event, even with the existence ofaccreditation agencies we have the situation we as a nation now have with police. Of course,saying it would be worse without accreditation agencies would just undermine the whole selfless heroes in blue public-relations image of police.

No offense to Ted Deeds, respected gun-rights supporter and (LEAA?) associate.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

And on this salient point, I think we need to close this thread.

Threads relating to individual officer's or department's mistreatment of OCers is perfectly acceptable here. General cop bashing such as saying "Cops are at war with citizens" is not (and is not true ... see Tomahawks excellent points in this regard on page 2 of the thread).

VORiaSOI wrote:
if the police were 'at war' with mark, then mark would have lost a LONG time ago.