• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater March OC Dinner

Bubba Ron

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Ron,

I just got told that i will have to work so i won't be able to make this one, but I received your email and will try to be at the Hampton show to give you a hand. I'll confirm as soon as I get the new work schedule.

Craig
Craig,

Which Ron are you referring to? Jean and I work the Norfolk and Virginia Beach shows and Ron Lilly works the Hampton shows - but I don't think he visits this website....

ODA 226

imported post

BubbaRon. I met you at the last OC dinner in Virginia Beach and gave you my card. The email asked me to help out at all of the upcoming gunshows. I'll try to be at all of them if possible.

Bubba Ron

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
BubbaRon. I met you at the last OC dinner in Virginia Beach and gave you my card. The email asked me to help out at all of the upcoming gunshows. I'll try to be at all of them if possible.
10-4 and thanks for volunteering!!!

M4arc

imported post

I'm going to have to join you all for the next dinner because I'm going out of town very early Friday morning for Easter weekend.

You all enjoy and I'll make the next one on the south side.

- Marc

Bubba Ron

imported post

Another terriffic event - and thanks for the Afghanistan Mag Pouch donations, we're getting there!!

The absolute best part of the evening was when we all got up together to leave and the very loud and roudy group of Air Force pilots that were in the same room as us - went totally silent - do you think they finally noticed that all of us were carrying???:cool:

C45P312

imported post

Man, I ran into a wierd car problem that night and wasn't able to come out.

I was at JANAF Navy Federal Credit Union, went insde and did my business. Came back outside, disarmed the alarm and unlocked my vehicle, about to put my keys in and my alarm starts howling. It scared the bejesus out of me so I stepped back and tried to disarm her again. No go. Stepped outside, and tried to disarm her again. No go. I was someone shocked that my remote battery just died even though I already disarmed her to get it in. I was sooooo drawing attention to myself with the recent thefts in Norfolk area. So I had to walk all the way to Wally world to get a new battery and walk all the way back (OC'ing ofcourse since I planned to head to County Grille now). And still no go. My night was shot trying to get someone to pick me up and take me home to grab my other spare set of keys. I couldn't just leave my vehicle out there with the battery disconnect (to make it stop howling), ya know?

^ sorry, just had to rant

DocV

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Another terriffic event - and thanks for the Afghanistan Mag Pouch donations, we're getting there!!

The absolute best part of the evening was when we all got up together to leave and the very loud and roudy group of Air Force pilots that were in the same room as us - went totally silent - do you think they finally noticed that all of us were carrying???:cool:

Loud and rowdy Air Force pilots? Wish I had been there to see that!:cool:

DocV (USN)

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It looks as if the Air Force guys don't practice much "situational awareness"! Maybe if we came in wearing propeller beanies.......

:celebrate

C

ccloud43

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
It looks as if the Air Force guys don't practice much "situational awareness"! Maybe if we came in wearing propeller beanies.......

Hey Dutch, It was after 1700, dont you know the Air Farce only works for 0800 to 1700, that 8:00am to 5:00pm for you Air Farce people..:lol:

Bullbuster

imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
Dutch Uncle wrote:

Hey Dutch, It was after 1700, dont you know the Air Farce only works for 0800 to 1700, that 8:00am to 5:00pm for you Air Farce people..:lol:
Those I have delt with work something like 0700-1100, 1100-1300 is lunch, 1300-1500. Could just have been all the AF guys I knew that had them hours.

Eeyore

imported post

Noted. Just send me your number, and from now on I'll call you on my way to work at 0430, and then again at 1629 when I leave (not because I'm finished, but because the AF reg says I've reached my maximum duty day and must enter crew rest).

:p

glock9emem

imported post

Ouch...Air Force bashing month. That's ok, we recently watched a video at work of some Army guys deciding that the best way to test if an IED was a dud was to give it a good kick. I guess it's survival of the fitest. J/K