• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Toys 'R' Us: Boycott.

thx997303

Anyway, I strayed too far from the OP. Concerning a boycott of TRU, I don't go there anyway, so I guess one could say I'm boycotting. Usually I'm not a big fan of boycotts either way though. There are places I simply do not go based on store policies, I guess that's a better way of putting it.

Semantics my friend. By not going there because of their policies, you are boycotting.

It's a personal boycott, but a boycott nonetheless.

The thing is, one or two people boycotting usually does nothing, but thousands may get noticed.

Snakemathis

There goes those generalizations again.

Most officers are not like they are described above. I can assure you that none of the officers who have ever stopped me for OC are like that. None who have stopped me for traffic violations are like that. None who I know personally are like that. One to whom I complained about rowdies in the parking lot of a bowling alley where my car was parked and who was enjoying a cuppa at the lunch counter on the alley's dime was. He, after I asked him to do something about the situation, told me to get away from him or be arrested for disorderly conduct.

He is the kind of officer that prompts the stereotype in the above post. However, my experience runs about 20 to 1 counter to that stereotype.

I wonder how folks here take to being stereotyped as wannabe cops and militia members and advocates for the overthrow of our government and... There may be a few who assert the RKBA like that, but the vast majority aren't.

This is why I worded myself so carefully as not to include all officers, but only those who frequent officer.com. Reread it and you should get it...

eye95

This is why I worded myself so carefully as not to include all officers, but only those who frequent officer.com. Reread it and you should get it...

Oh, well, that generalization is OK, then.

NOT.

I fully understood your post. It is still a generalization. That is despicable.

Moving on so as to not give your reprehensible behavior one more iota of credibility.

Snakemathis

NOT.

Moving on so as to not give your reprehensible behavior one more iota of credibility.

ROFL... Mature. Personal attacks do nothing but make you look like a fool. However, if that is the respect you want yourself to be seen in, far be it from me to argue it. Have a good day.
PS: Anyone who frequents officer.com doesnt need my "generilization" for credibility, they know its true.

eye95

I criticized your actions, not you. I hope you can see the difference. Many cannot.

Permanently moving on.

Last edited:

HankT

State Researcher

NOT.

All generalizations are false.

BTW, E95 why do you announce that you're "moving on?" Why not just do it?

And . . . your last sentence has an assumption that is easily challengeable . . . and quite self-serving.

Last edited:

rotorhead

Semantics my friend. By not going there because of their policies, you are boycotting.

It's a personal boycott, but a boycott nonetheless.

The thing is, one or two people boycotting usually does nothing, but thousands may get noticed.

heh, I guess you're right.

I was thinking more along the lines of picket waving and having sit-ins and stuff like that. Organized boycotts turn me off I reckon. Sometimes boycotts have an opposite effect and rally supporters toward the boycotted. I guess I'm saying why give them the publicity either way.

If they have weighed the consequences and prefer to discriminate in this fashion then f-em. I'll just go somewhere else.

hopnpop

I have 3 daughters, and I have always been able to find good gifts for all 3 at TRU. My wife and I, however, will NOT be entering their store(s) until their policy is changed. There are plenty of other stores in which we can shop, that respect our rights.

And HolyOrangeJuice, that link you posted is a perfect example of why we carry everywhere. Well done.

And if everyone's done bickering about others' generalizations and word choices, we can get back OT. :rolleyes:

since9

Campaign Veteran
This is why I try to avoid Officer.com. Those guys arent cops, they are wanna be hard asses who got bullied as kids, developed little man syndrome. Then they signed up to carry a gun and a badge to make up for a ruined childhood by becoming bullies themselves. Those are the cops you see about on the news getting in trouble for punching an 80 year old lady that "ran" from them by pulling into a lit area for protection.

My advice, don't ever post on Officer.com. They feel privellaged to be able to open carry, like we do, mainly because those officers dont care to learn the laws.

When I first began posting on Officer.com, I experienced some of this, particularly in a thread on open carry, but I also saw that a significant number of them supported open carry. Over a period of a couple of months, that number, which began around 15%, actually rose to more than 50% in the polls, until such time as the thread disappeared!

My point is that with reasoned debate, most LEOs will come around (if they're not actually already supporting our RTKBA but just not as vociferous as the antis).

God Bless you and I hope you can educate fellow officers to your level of understanding of the law.

I think we share in that responsibility with those LEOs who support us, particularly as we're the ones who'll wind up having to take it in the shorts! They'll still be able to carry.

Now to the TRU part, I am sure they are gonna take a hit in AZ this holiday season since we, as a state, are very biased to the carry of firearms. :)

I hope so.

TRU CEO: "Why are sales down when the economy is recovering???" :eek:

TRU PR: "Well, have you seen all the letters we've been getting since we openly banned carry in our stores?" :eek: