• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Training the cops wrong?

independence

Thanks. As I have stated previously, TN is a beautiful state, except for a sliver of Knoxville, between I-140/I-40 and exit 398 of I-40 during a Vols home game.

...And don't forget that cesspool of crime on our westerly border...Okay, it's kinda beautiful at night, but going there at night is a bad idea, anyway.

Silvertongue

...And don't forget that cesspool of crime on our westerly border...Okay, it's kinda beautiful at night, but going there at night is a bad idea, anyway.

Chattanooga is also pretty terrible in the wrong neighborhoods. Thankfully, I'm never here later than 8:30 p.m. Walk out from my class, right to my car, rearm, and LEAVE.

If I eat on the way home, it's in nearby Lookout Valley.

Still searching for a new movie theater now that Carmike has started posting signs on their doors.

SgtScott31

Yes, by all means let's 'get back on track'. Your statement was, "I will know when I run your license whether you have a HCP or not. Although you're not required by law to inform the officer you're armed, I think it's respectful and courteous to do so."

You didn't say "If I run your Tennessee license ..." you made a sweeping statement that included 49 other states as well.
You were called on that statement and it was proven false.

It's not like there aren't plenty of reasons to visit Tennessee or anything.....
I6dPt8u.jpg

(Just kidding with the last one, folks.)

I guess that's the way you took it. This is the TN FORUM and I'm a TN LEO. I thought my statement would be obvious. Maybe if I made the statement in the general carry forum I could understand your argument about a "blanket" statement. Too much to expect I guess.

SgtScott31

All TN law requires for out-of-state permits/licencees is for them to be valid on their face and does not require them to be able to be checked through a computer database, although I would wager many LEOs don't know that.

There's not a computer database that I'm aware of that allows local LEOs to check the status of an out of state carry permit. We will know DL status and whether warrants, protection orders, etc. exist.

Dirk platinum

It makes no difference the number on your Tennessee handgun permit is the same as your drivers licenSe when they run your drivers license (even when they scan the barcode on your plate ) they know In that moment if you have one . So don't bother handing the permit .