• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Treasure Valley OC Event

Blackfox

imported post

you make me cry 563, but :lol: i would not have been able to resist it either

i wonder if i should call her =P give her a heads up

imported post

Blackfox wrote:
you make me cry 563, but :lol: i would not have been able to resist it either

i wonder if i should call her =P give her a heads up
while your at it, be sure to get written permission. moms always love there boys. I bet she'd be proud to see you in the news.

Blackfox

imported post

HAHAHAHA:lol: nah she knows my trick, ask her for a note to stay home while shes sleeping, helped me all the way through senior year

imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
who would have thought that 10 law abiding citizens expressing their 2nd amendment rights would cause this much publicity...
Honestly I thought it would hardly make a blip on the radar. but now national as well as international. I am floored! amazing what 10 poeple can do.

Imagine if we had 20-30+ OC'ers show up.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

563 wrote:
Hiredgun30 wrote:
who would have thought that 10 law abiding citizens expressing their 2nd amendment rights would cause this much publicity...
Honestly I thought it would hardly make a blip on the radar. but now national as well as international. I am floored! amazing what 10 poeple can do.

Imagine if we had 20-30+ OC'ers show up.
What international news?Link?

Saint

imported post

Eagleeye wrote:
IndianaBoy79 wrote:
Actually, I wouldn't encourage the kids to carry at the next event. Legal or not, it's likely to get more attention focused on that then on whatever good we're trying to do. Definately at any private event we have, but around the cameras may not be so good. Just my 2 cents though.

Possibly, but if you are worried about that, why not have the kids carry Airsofts or Squirt guns?

I definitely agree that the kids should not be carrying. Although it is legal, I believe it draws the wrong kind of attention to an event that we intend to make public and put forward to the press. This is the same reason why I would not advocate OCing a shotgun or an AR-15 to a press related event regardless of legality.

As far as squirt guns or airsoft goes... terrible idea. If you are going to carry a gun, then carry one. But to tote around a toy with the intention of making people believe it is something else is potentially dangerous, especially if/when the police show up.

Indiana... Loving the idea of doing a community service event next time. Maybe a highway trash clean up that ends with a BBQ in a public park?

Saint

imported post

563 wrote:
I wonder if Saint would be willing to talk to senator Mckenzie to get his feedback on this event?
I'll call Patriot and see if he or I can get in touch with the Senator. I am currently in LA so I am a bit out of the loop right now. When I get back in town though I will call up a few of our local legislators that I know and see what they think of this last event and if they might like to be involved with future ones.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Yes 563, I have been smiling so much my face hurts. :lol:

I don't want the attention though, I'll let everyone else have fun in the spotlight. I'm not ready to come out to my family yet lol

But, I do like organizing things and getting people focused and of like mind. I'll post the enxt event immidiately. Just got off 3rd shift.

Eagleeye

imported post

Saint wrote:
As far as squirt guns or airsoft goes... terrible idea. If you are going to carry a gun, then carry one. But to tote around a toy with the intention of making people believe it is something else is potentially dangerous, especially if/when the police show up.
Thought I had mentioned that they be "Brightly Colored ones" oops, must be a side effect of working graveyard....:banghead:

IndianaBoy79

imported post

LOL Actually, I retract part of my former statement. The kids, guns, and cameras mix just fine if we are all at a shooting event of some sort and showing responsible adults show their kids how to be responsible too. But only at an event where we were shooting...do we really WANT to get people used to seeing kids with guns? Or do we want people getting used to seeing responsible adults carry them?

Navajo

imported post

We had the guns in the truck ready for the kids to wear. Looking at the group and the reporter, liberal burnt out looking hippie chick. I decided to forgo the guns. I don't want to blow a good movement out of the water with something to radical for the average sheeple to comprehend, even if it is legal.

Someday, as they get use to the idea of open carry we can get them to look outside the liberal box and introduce a new idea, but for now lets take it slow.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Would someone be willing to write an official letter from the group to Zoo Boise thanking them for their hospitality? I know it didn't work out perfectly, but we should leave them with the best immpression possible.

Also, feel free to drop them an email or something from yourself if you'd like.

Navajo

imported post

Other Voices: Pros and cons of open carry

http://www.idahostatesman.com/opinion/v-print/story/450653.htmljavascript:;-Idaho Statesman
Edition Date: 07/24/08

PROS & CONS OF OPEN CARRY

Here's more on OpenCarry.org's activity at Zoo Boise last weekend, this time from Clayton Cramer - the Horseshoe Bend blogger whose work was cited in U.S. Supreme Court's recent ruling on Second Amendment gun rights. As reported in Sunday's Statesman, about 10 members of the local chapter of OpenCarry.org, a national group that advocates for citizens' rights to openly carry handguns, visited the zoo with their weapons in plain sight.

"Do you know how to upset people, really fast? Force them to confront the reality that many people own and carry guns. It isn't even like open carry has some great advantage over concealed carry when it comes to self-defense. It's a bit quicker to draw, sure, but if a random spree killer is deciding who to attack first, guess who's first? The person who is obviously armed.

"Open carry may make you as an individual somewhat safer from criminal attack, because it encourages those criminals who don't have a death wish to go look for an easier target. Concealed carry, however, makes everyone safer - because the criminal doesn't know if his intended victim is going to draw a gun - or perhaps a bystander is going to do so.

"Open carry is constitutionally protected, as the Idaho Supreme Court has ruled in the decision In re Brickey (Ida. 1902). But that doesn't mean that this is the most appropriate or most polite way to carry a gun.

"Don't be rude. Don't be stupid."

I like Cramer, in a few discussion I have had with him,but these comments (in blue above) are uncalled for and play into the hands of the liberal anti-gun Nazi's. I can hear them now"See even Cramer thinks these guys are nothing buy crazy stupid people" " Rude and scaring the children"

When comments are made about other gun owners we need to be careful that we don't become our own worse enemy. Because the liberal media will use our words against us people.

So please be careful what you say about other gun owners.

DON"T BE A ZUMBO!!!