• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tulsa World Full of it today

okiephlyer

Several aticles in the Tulsa World today about the Tuscon shooting, open carry, etc. The following letter sent to the editor, let's see if they will print it.

The front page article by Randy Krehbiel in the Sunday paper on open carry has several errors. He quotes Bill Shapard as saying that there is no discussion of the issues. There is vigorous discussion going on in several forums. Opencarry.org is the premier online forum for this topic. It doesn’t take much time to see that the misconceptions and emotional issues about open carry get more attention than the facts and logic. While it is true that many law enforcement leaders and organizations are against open carry, a large part of the rank and file members support the idea. Leadership out of touch with members, does that sound familiar? Think government. I feel sorry for David Azigian. He apparently has a very low opinion of the people around him if he thinks that 1 of every 10 has some type of mental insufficiency. Azigian also misses with his statement of no benefit to openly carried handguns. There are numerous reports of potential crimes that were not committed when the presence of an openly carried firearm was known. Laws will only affect law abiding citizens. There is an educational process and the more people see others openly carrying firearms, going about their normal business, being a normal part of society, then the more it will be accepted. Open carry of some type is legal in 43 of the states. I think the people of Oklahoma deserve better than to have to hide our guns.

MK

If there is no benefit to openly carrying firearms then why do police do it all around the country? Also, how often do we ever hear of a police officer getting mugged for his wallet or his jewelry when he's on duty and openly carrying?

ClevelandCarry

Campaign Veteran
If there is no benefit to openly carrying firearms then why do police do it all around the country? Also, how often do we ever hear of a police officer getting mugged for his wallet or his jewelry when he's on duty and openly carrying?

Then what would be the fun of being a LEO if everyone can open carry?

Even plain clothes cops open carry.