• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Using a metal cable to prevent LEO seizure during UOC

wewd

imported post

stuckinchico wrote:
Back to the Cable,   I cant seem to find a place to purchase it   all I am finding is the lanyards   anyone know where

http://www.ambientweather.com/rcbh90tpl1bk.html

This is what I have, it does the job. It's not steel cable but you could make your own. I found a tutorial on making your own lanyard and you could substitute steel cable for the cord. Personally I think a steel cable would be too cumbersome to carry around. The coiled cord works fine. The only way the cop could take your gun is if you go with him or he cuts the cord. If he cuts it and he's not arresting you for some legitimate reason, you would have a great lawsuit. Violation of civil rights, destruction of property, etc.

codename_47

imported post

See the thing is Im tired of threatening Lawsuits I just dont wnt them to be @#$%IN able to do it in the first place

Stop threatening and start DOING it and they won't be able to do it.

KylaGWolf

imported post

SomeGuyInCali wrote:
HankT wrote
A way to solve this problem is to implant an RFID tag into a handgun. The RFID would have theserial number, make, model, caliber and manufacture date.

The police could have handheld readers to scoop up the data and transmit an inquiry to their favorite legal database(s).

Such a system would be safer, more secure, more accurate and efficient.

No one but the gun owner/carrier would have to touch the gun.
Oh h*** no! I used to work for several global electronics companies and have done R&D with RFID chips. Believe it or not but an RFID chip can be energized and "read" acurrately from 100 feet away. This could be used to pick out an OC'er in a group even though the officer may now have even known there was a gun present. I would think that this would constitute and promote illegal searches for handguns without any provocation or reasonable cause.

A safer system would be to train police officers on how to handle these situations and NOT escalate them. It seems most of the problems arise when LEO's blow the situation out of proportions.
Eh when I worked juvenile monitoring saw that they didn't work nearly as good as billed. Hell even ten years later they still have problems with dead zones.

I also agree that training for the LEO is vital. Also wouldn't hurt to teach the public what is and is not legal but we already know that the sheep don't want to see anything their sheppard doesn't want them to see.