• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well it happened....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

American Traditional Citizens (ACT) wrote:
I don't think I would shoot then give CPR.. it calls for to much confusion if taken to court. My B.S. meter is going off...
Well first, the OP was/is a drive by, one post , BS troll.

Not withstanding that, how is giving CPR creating confusion in court?

I have no desire to see someone harmed and even carry a first aid kit. Would only shoot to stop a threat and would give first aid after the fact if I could safely do so.

YMMV

Yata hey

imported post

well if the guy attacks you and you shoot him then give CPR it looks like you might have made a mistake and realized oh crap i shouldn't have shot this guy now I have to try to save him..

I have discussed this topic on defensive carry forum. a guy posted "I'm a paramedic if i shot someone would i have to then give him aid?" My father who is a firefighter paramedic said that the number one concern is scene safety. If the scene is so unsafe that you have to shoot to defend your life, it is not safe enough to go in and work on someone, no matter what.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

American Traditional Citizens (ACT) wrote:
well if the guy attacks you and you shoot him then give CPR it looks like you might have made a mistake and realized oh crap i shouldn't have shot this guy now I have to try to save him..

I have discussed this topic on defensive carry forum. a guy posted "I'm a paramedic if i shot someone would i have to then give him aid?" My father who is a firefighter paramedic said that the number one concern is scene safety. If the scene is so unsafe that you have to shoot to defend your life, it is not safe enough to go in and work on someone, no matter what.
WTH - are you really suggesting that you would withhold medical attention to cover up a perceived "mistake" on your part? All the more reason to do everything possible to help the other.

You describe to very different scenarios - there is no correlation between the two.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

44HP wrote:
snipped..............
Would you chose that to be a personal, public policy statement? You just did.

Even our military gives medical attention to the enemy.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

44HP wrote:
You have no duty to give first aid. Besides I'm not properly trained to handle a gunshot wound, if I was I'd be working in an ER somewhere.
Never said you had a "duty" to give aid - not with or w/o training - that is a personal choice.

On the other hand, making statements indicating prior intent, particularly on a public forum, is not the best call. That is why I snipped your prior quote - leaving you the opportunity to edit it out.

I'm trained (somewhat) and do not work in an ER or even as a first responder.

This twist in the thread originated with the expressed thought that giving such aid would work against you in court - recommend reading the precluding posts.

Yata hey

eye95

imported post

I would continue to look out for my security and the security of those with me. I would only render aid once I felt 100% secure. If that meant the BG died, I would see that as a consequence of his choices, not mine.

I think the law would deem the victim's security as a valid priority over first aid for the BG.

simmonsjoe

imported post

eye95 wrote:
I would continue to look out for my security and the security of those with me. I would only render aid once I felt 100% secure. If that meant the BG died, I would see that as a consequence of his choices, not mine.

I think the law would deem the victim's security as a valid priority over first aid for the BG.
+1 Everyone else's

ABNinfantryman

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
Not ifwe shoot accurately. ;)Soldiers and security take priority before the enemy is even considered. Put it this way, if there's a TB laying in the road bleeding out from a GSW and I know his buddies are in some bushes waiting to shoot at us, I ain't riskin' my soldiers' lives or mine for the dirtbag. He can bleed out in the middle of the road.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ABNinfantryman wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
Not ifwe shoot accurately. ;)Soldiers and security take priority before the enemy is even considered. Put it this way, if there's a TB laying in the road bleeding out from a GSW and I know his buddies are in some bushes waiting to shoot at us, I ain't riskin' my soldiers' lives or mine for the dirtbag. He can bleed out in the middle of the road.
Understand well all that you said.

Thanks for your service - be safe.

Yata hey

eye95

imported post

ABNinfantryman wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
That has a direct parallel to a situation in the streets here. If I am still concerned about safety for me and mine, the BG keeps bleeding. If I am 100% sure the situation is safe, I'll call 911 and then see what I can do. It won't be much, though, maybe a little direct pressure on the wound.

buster81

imported post

eye95 wrote:
ABNinfantryman wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
That has a direct parallel to a situation in the streets here. If I am still concerned about safety for me and mine, the BG keeps bleeding. If I am 100% sure the situation is safe, I'll call 911 and then see what I can do. It won't be much, though, maybe a little direct pressure on the wound.
Unless the BG hasa medical report pinned to his chest showing he is clean of all infectiousdeseases,I would think keeping one's distance to be prudent.

Hendu024

imported post

buster81 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
ABNinfantryman wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
Unless the BG hasa medical report pinned to his chest showing he is clean of all infectiousdeseases,I would think keeping one's distance to be prudent.
That has been one of my own thoughts when I have mentally worked through those scenarios. I guess I really can't decide what I would do until I was in that situation.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I don't know if this story is true or not because there's not any news articles or anything to back it up, but my response is assuming it is. (However unlikely that may be)

That's two less scumbags off the streets. I know it must be hard to think that you ended the lives of two human beings, but think about all the potential lives you saved. If these robbers got away they would have continued to commit similar crimes against possibly less prepared individuals.

Sooner

imported post

Ironbar wrote:
I read the story again, and now I'm even more convinced that it's a complete fabrication. American jurisprudence doesn't work so fast. In a situation where a person or persons have been killed, that guy definitely would not have been given his weapon back at the freakin' police station after being declared a self-defense situation. There would have been a grand jury trial to determine if a murder had occurred, and the dumb-a$$ would have been told by his attorney not to discuss the story anywhere with anyone.

EpicFail02.jpg

Well not always. In Tulsa a few months ago a guy was parking his bike when a couple of drunk fools jump from a pickup and go after him. He pulls is licensed concealed weapon and kills one and wounds the other in front of several witness's. LEO's are called, witness's are talked to and he his allowed to leave with his weapon. 2 days later, DA says no charges will be filed.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Sooner wrote:
Ironbar wrote:
I read the story again, and now I'm even more convinced that it's a complete fabrication. American jurisprudence doesn't work so fast. In a situation where a person or persons have been killed, that guy definitely would not have been given his weapon back at the freakin' police station after being declared a self-defense situation. There would have been a grand jury trial to determine if a murder had occurred, and the dumb-a$$ would have been told by his attorney not to discuss the story anywhere with anyone.
Well not always. In Tulsa a few months ago a guy was parking his bike when a couple of drunk fools jump from a pickup and go after him. He pulls is licensed concealed weapon and kills one and wounds the other in front of several witness's. LEO's are called, witness's are talked to and he his allowed to leave with his weapon. 2 days later, DA says no charges will be filed.
Cite please.

Yata hey