• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wenatchee Apple Blossom

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Does anyone know exactly what kind of outdoor music festival that would last over 5 hours in length would be? Woodstock?

The law was in response to the NW Folklife shooting in 2008.

I would think that NW Folklife, Bumbershoot, any show at the Gorge in George, Sasquatch and other NW music festivals would quailify.

But one thing I find interesting is the definition of the 'outdoor music festival' is fairly specific and limits its scope.

Definitions.
[/b]For the purposes of this chapter the following words and phrases shall have the indicated meanings:

(1) "Outdoor music festival" or "music festival" or "festival" means an assembly of persons gathered primarily for outdoor, live or recorded musical entertainment, where the predicted attendance is two thousand persons or more and where the duration of the program is five hours or longer: PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies which do not exceed by more than two hundred fifty people the maximum seating capacity of the structure where the assembly is held: PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state.

Matt85

imported post

younggun20 wrote:
Well I just got home from Apple Blossom, and Im not sure I will ever be going back. I had a great OC experience no problems what so ever. However Every single person I was with from out of state received atleast one ticket. All were BS tickets. We got pulled over coming from the carnival I was riding passenger and m brother in law was in the back. They came right to us and asked for our ID's came back what seemed like 30 seconds later and had a ticket for no seat belt $150. I told the officer I am wearing my seat belt, It automatically is put on when I close the door and the passenger has his on as well. his only reply was well I noticed you were not wearing your lap belt that's illegal here. I asked why he pulled us over as he could obviously not see our lap belts from his vehicle across the street. His reply was "Just checkin the out of towners making sure everyone stays safe." Not even a warning or anything. Other ppl I was with received tickets for his truck being to high, a tint over the tail lights, jay walking, speeding at a red light. running red lights. Its unbelievable. When I called to see if I could talk to someone about the ticket the lady I spoke with was very un helpful and tld me I would need to drive back up to Washington to fight it. We have more in tickets than we spent on the trip.

i could never go there... my truck sits on 35" tires and has a lift kit. :celebrate

sounds like the cops were tryen to milk the festival for all the money they could. :X

-matt

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

j2l3 wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"

The law was in response to the NW Folklife shooting in 2008.

The "Rule" in Seattle was in response to the Folklife Festival debacle.

The law is much older and was in place far earlier than the Folklife issues of 2008.
I suspect the law was probably in response to Woodstock-style music festivals such as the Satsop River Rock Festival that occured in the state in 1971.

Bovaloe

imported post

Apple Blossom gets worse and worse every year. The city brings in cops from all over the state and they are scaring away all the out of towners so they need someway to pay for all the OT for these guys., without the tourism. Hence all the BS tickets.

Yes in WA you need a front plate, unless you have collector plates.

I CC to the food fair on several occasions this year, no problems no signs or anything prohibiting it. No way I'm going into that big of a crowd without my weapon on me

younggun20

imported post

Bovaloe wrote:
Apple Blossom gets worse and worse every year. The city brings in cops from all over the state and they are scaring away all the out of towners so they need someway to pay for all the OT for these guys., without the tourism. Hence all the BS tickets.

Yes in WA you need a front plate, unless you have collector plates.

I CC to the food fair on several occasions this year, no problems no signs or anything prohibiting it. No way I'm going into that big of a crowd without my weapon on me
I Open carried w/o a single incident regarding my weapon.

Anyone have any idea if a lap belt is required? I found on my ticket he wrote I violated RCW 46.61.688 but I could not see where it says lap belt required Any help would be greatly appreciated

Son_of_Perdition

imported post

I would give a lengthy response to this post with disturbing details... However, Some might feel that thiswould bebashing LEO's for doing what they do. ALL THE TIME!