• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Went to the doctors office today..

F350

Nothing serious just quarterly monitoring for type II diabetes (blood work, blood pressure). I have been dropping a lot of weight lately and the nurse says "Doc wants an accurate weight on you today so take off your boots and jacket and you can put the hardware on that shelf". They know I carry, I OC in warm weather and she said it like it was the most normal thing in the world, like she says it to everyone. The scales are right in front a big "U" where the gals answering the phones sit, nobody batted an eye.

Love living in Western Colorado!!!

Last edited:

eye95

If you continually carry, your firearm is an integral part of your person. Take everything else off, but stand there in your altogether, properly strapped, and weigh your full self!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
If you continually carry, your firearm is an integral part of your person. Take everything else off, but stand there in your altogether, properly strapped, and weigh your full self!

:D

Oh, man. That's gonna skew the weight charts. I can just see some doctor calling Colt to see how much a 1911 weighs. And, since those weights are unloaded, you're prolly gonna haveta drop the mag and clear the chamber. :)

Peacekeeper

I had a simular incident at my local urgent care center. I went there to have a severe sore throat looked at. The nurse practitioner wanted me to untuck my shirt so that she could check my breathing. Wisconsin had just started to issue CCL not even a week before. I said to her " don't be alarmed, I have a pistol under my shirt. She said back," I was wondering when I would encounter this ... I didn't realize it would be so soon.". We sat down and after she finished with her consult she asked if I had time to discuss concealed carry ... She was interested in getting her liscense!