• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Did You Carry Today And How Did It Go

usmcbess

Thanksgiving OC

Yesterday on Thanksgiving I Oc'd all day long. Most of my time was spent with my family. I did go down to get some ice at the gas station where a Pacific police officer opened the door for me. They all know me in Pacific so she gave me no trouble. Then right before sundown I went for a long walk on the outskirts of Pacific headin towards Eureka.

Big Boy

Been OC'ing in Columbia all over the place since I moved here about 7 months ago. Haven't had any problems yet. No comments. Actually haven't even really had any looks...

And that doesn't necessarily mean weird looks. Just looks. I always stare when I see a gun. Because I want to see what make/model/holster they are using :p

Last edited:

HighFlyingA380

Last time I was there it was posted "NO CCW", has that changed/

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm fairly new to all this. Isn't a "NO CCW" just that, only addressing CONCEALED firearms? Meaning that they must also directly address open carry, or is as "NO CCW" actually encompassing all forms of firearm carry?

Like I said, I'm newer to this, but I would interpret it as only addressing concealed firearms, and leaving open carry to the statutes. Even if I'm wrong here, I feel I could make a strong case due to ambiguity and get it down to a warning, even if it actually was in violation. What's your interpretation?

Redbaron007

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm fairly new to all this. Isn't a "NO CCW" just that, only addressing CONCEALED firearms? Meaning that they must also directly address open carry, or is as "NO CCW" actually encompassing all forms of firearm carry?

Like I said, I'm newer to this, but I would interpret it as only addressing concealed firearms, and leaving open carry to the statutes. Even if I'm wrong here, I feel I could make a strong case due to ambiguity and get it down to a warning, even if it actually was in violation. What's your interpretation?

Interesting......local laws that address OC, still allow posting to be that, posted. IIRC, regardless of the OC laws, it's private property and they can still have a say if you carry on their property or not.

Unless, someone else has any additional information, I think you should tread lightly in those circumstances.

Good luck.

Oramac

Interesting......local laws that address OC, still allow posting to be that, posted. IIRC, regardless of the OC laws, it's private property and they can still have a say if you carry on their property or not.

Unless, someone else has any additional information, I think you should tread lightly in those circumstances.

Good luck.

In Missouri, the "no guns" signs carry no legal weight. You can carry right past them and not worry about a firearms charge. That being said, there are two reasons to NOT carry past them:

1) the business can ask you to leave, and you must. If you do not, it's a trespassing charge.

2) do you really want to spend your money at a place that doesn't support your God-given right to self-defense?

EDIT: this all refers to CC.

Last edited:

Redbaron007

In Missouri, the "no guns" signs carry no legal weight. You can carry right past them and not worry about a firearms charge. That being said, there are two reasons to NOT carry past them:

1) the business can ask you to leave, and you must. If you do not, it's a trespassing charge.

2) do you really want to spend your money at a place that doesn't support your God-given right to self-defense?

EDIT: this all refers to CC.

I agree with you.

I think the OP was referencing OCing and that was where I was trying to go, but not so eloquently. :)

Firedawg314

Bar b q place

Today... yesterday I was at some resturant in Florissant, located on Valle and New Halls Ferry. They are only open like 3 days a week right next to Imo's pizza. I walked right in with my fire arm on my side, no problems, and everyone seems "ok". I think its the fact they may think I'm a cop so no one says anything.

I have notice the public will react depending on how you dress. Normally I wear a polo shirt, some jeans etc. Now it the temp being cooler, I wear a nice leather jacket that is mainly open (if I have to reach for it)... but for the most part the firearm is concealed 99% of the time while wearing it... yeah its amazing how it covers it up. Anyway, I walked in and waited... I got a few "looks" as everyone eyes where focused on it. But I guess their fears rested when they seen me focus on the menu and had my wallet in my hand.
:banana:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
The no guns sign can address one, or the other, or both. If the sign says no concealed weapons it means just that, if it says no firearms it means both, if it said no openly carried firearms it would mean that alone.

Do not ever find yourself wanting there to be a law that says the signs can not be there, as much as I hate em, I love what they stand for, rights.

It is no different than your own home, you can choose to allow others to wear firearms or not, you sure as hell do not want the government making that call for you!

The only arguable point one could have would be "public access" and I suppose I would have to agree, if you offer public access, it could be said you must allow constitutional freedoms. There in lies a problem though, if you open "bob's widgets" the government should not force you to allow "mike" to stand in your store saying "bobs widgets suck" just because mike has the freedom of speech. IMHO the government should stay out of it.

Now if we could just convince 100% of firearms owners NOT to shop these establishments, we would see change. When we talk about the sign not having any teeth of law, it makes others think it is no big deal to shop there anyway and they give their dollars to those whom oppose their views on firearms and in the case of some like schnucks, they hand their dollars to those whom gave significantly to the brady's to defeat them.

Rules:

1. keep the government out of it, they never do it well at all.
2. never put your views aside, but always allow others to have theirs or someone will try and take yours.
3. remember the freedom of speech and express yourself and views, value it above all other rights as it allows you to identify the stupid people.

mspgunner

I have to stop in Lake St. Louis on the way to a party today to pick up a gift, OC is great there, just hope everyone I encounter knows it, don't want to be late.....

A lot of stores off HWY "N", I'll try a few to find something, this is going to be an interesting afternoon.

Redbaron007

Good day....OCd at Ziggies cafe for breakfast, then O'Reilly Auto Parts, then Loftis Pawn & guns; didn't OC at the gun show, but did at a frozen yogurt place. Still need to head to WM.

HighFlyingA380

For my second time OCing, I went to Walmart in Warrensburg today. There were definitely a some people staring and whispering to each other, which gave me a little chuckle inside. And to top it off, I actually ran into another OCer! Definitely not as nervous now.

xdmcompact

For my second time OCing, I went to Walmart in Warrensburg today. There were definitely a some people staring and whispering to each other, which gave me a little chuckle inside. And to top it off, I actually ran into another OCer! Definitely not as nervous now.

Waiting for the day to run into other OC'ers, other than planned meets.:lol:

xdmcompact

OC dinner tonight in St. Charles the usual looks but no problems. When there are 5 plus people OC'ing not much usually gets said.