• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronS

had a lefty try to slam my name with a supplier recently; new chick hired to deliver parts to us, from one of our suppliers. sales rep, store help, and other delivery drivers all know we carry. this new chick shows up, delivers the parts we ordered, stands and tells me her life story while i work to get the job done. leaves, and goes back to her employer; complains she doesnt want to deliver to us anymore, because we carry guns. tried her damndest to make us look bad, i spoke at length with the management, and assured them, and her, if she had a valid complaint against us, i'm sure my corporate attorney would be interested in hearing it. matter dropped immediately. love how delivery chick stood there and yakked away for a good 15 minutes, before she decided she was afraid of guns. nice try.

She was in so much fear that she could not stop talking to you?
You freaked her out so bad that she felt the need to stand around and chew the fat with you?

About the same kind of thing happened to me a few weeks ago at a McD's. A guy called the police on me (never came), because he did not like me and my Beretta. I guess he was so freaked out, that he felt the need to sit right next to me (I think he was waiting for the police to show up). We took our time, and never had any other issues with our lunch. I should add that when we left, he ran out and took a photo of my truck (guess he must like FJ's?)

mudwith28milesshowing.jpg

Last edited:
M

McX

You freaked her out so bad that she felt the need to stand around and chew the fat with you?

About the same kind of thing happened to me a few weeks ago at a McD's. A guy called the police on me (never came), because he did not like me and my Beretta. I guess he was so freaked out, that he felt the need to sit right next to me (I think he was waiting for the police to show up). We took our time, and never had any other issues with our lunch. I should add that when we left, he ran out and took a photo of my truck (guess he must like FJ's?)

the pain we endure there guy. i think i was discriminated against, and the employee should be required to take 2nd amendment rights class, and be given a copy of the laws, and made to understand them. something like that happens in other circumstances all the time. as for your situation you were obviously put upon by a rat B***tard, who was getting their kicks harassing you any way they could. they are out there too. another day in paradise for us huh?

IcrewUH60

I like FJ's too! In fact here's the one I'm not allowed to protect myself in.

thefarmer3

west bend walmart

about a week ago, i was walking around walmart browsing and the head of security approached me because i was walking around with my 45 on. she said that she had gotten some complaints from customers that i had a firearm and she asked me to leave. i told her that i could legally open carry in the store. she said that because it was a private store, she could decide what the rule was about this matter and said i had to leave unless i was law enforcement which i am not. so i left not knowing the rules of walmart only to find out that walmart does allow open carry

paul@paul-fisher.com

about a week ago, i was walking around walmart browsing and the head of security approached me because i was walking around with my 45 on. she said that she had gotten some complaints from customers that i had a firearm and she asked me to leave. i told her that i could legally open carry in the store. she said that because it was a private store, she could decide what the rule was about this matter and said i had to leave unless i was law enforcement which i am not. so i left not knowing the rules of walmart only to find out that walmart does allow open carry

Welcome. Which Wal-Mart? Did you get their name?

M

McX

farm3, they get a little chewwy around here sometimes. you dont have to answer any questions. refer the matter to the leadership of WisconsinCarry, which i presume you have joined, and have them handle it.

paul@paul-fisher.com

McX, that is the point. farmer3 needs to get ahold of Nik or Hubert and give them as much information as possible so that they can follow up and make sure they understand 'we' are watching them again. I personally don't need the info.

M

McX

McX, that is the point. farmer3 needs to get ahold of Nik or Hubert and give them as much information as possible so that they can follow up and make sure they understand 'we' are watching them again. I personally don't need the info.

thusly spoken.

protias

Outdoorsman1

Did you get a rejection letter from them? I do not remember the thread...

Is that specifically for State Fair Park or all of WI? I'm not familiar with the site and how you found it, so I just want to make sure.

It is all explained step by step how I got the infomration in the "Rummage O Rama - Huge Ruimmage Sale" Thread...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?88587-Upcoming-Rummage-O-Ramma-(HUGE-quot-Rummage-Sale-quot-)-at-State-Fair-Park...

As I understand it..just State Fair Park.....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Another Chapter - Shooters in Racine

I went to Shooters yesterday for some range time and chose not to open carry in the store as I was a little short on time, so I figured that as long as I would be loading and shooting as soon as I got in, I just grabbed my cased weapons and when in. Plus the fact that the parking lot was practically empty, so, being at "Shooters", I honestly had no fear of armed confrintaion where I felt the need to carry for "Security" I got a lane and they noticed the empty holster on my hip plus I was wearing my new Wisconsin Carry hat :banana:. The clerk (younger guy) leaned over the counter and said that he had noticed my holster and was checking if it had a gun...?? I told him that I am a OC'er but I had left my weapon (XD .40) in the case as I was going to be shooting soon anyway. I also had my other handgun (Taurus Judge) with me and asked about future visits OC as to not to have to carry two cased guns in with me. Basically he said that they like to keep all loaded weapons behind the glass in the range area. By that time a second (older) employee joined the conversation and kinda tried to make a joke that if I had a badge OC would be ok. I asked him so LEO get special treatment and I was sure that he was aware that OC was legal and a constitutional right for any law abing citizen. He again joked about that he was pretty sure a LEO was not going to shoot them...?? So I said that I was 100% certain that I was not going to shoot him either. He then went into the reason (excuse) that if anybody complains too much about their policy that he explains that if you go to any rifle range that none will allow carrying a loaded weapon (I assumed he meant a long gun) until you were on the range ready to shoot. I replined (with a smile) that I was not "complaining" just giving him a hard time... We both chuckled. They younger guy thanked me for not OC'ing without checking first.

I know, I know, do not give any place a chance to say no... OC first and then deal with whatever happens after that.. but I had planned on shooting there again (until I can find another place) and just wanted to ensure a freindly atmosphere next time I was there. I think I accomplished that goal. Now I will be looking a lot hard for a new (and closer) place to shoot. I already have a couple of possibilities.

Finally, although I TOTALLY disagree with the policy and their weak explanations, I realize that Shooters is a private facility open to the public and as much as I have a right to OC, they have the right to set their policies....:banghead:

I have read a report here that conflicts with the above report so I guess it kinda all depends on who's behind the counter and how well they know you...???

Outdoorsma1

protias

Fletcher's recognizes our right to carry. With that said, they do not allow holster draws to fire. I'm not sure of any ranges that do which is a shame because if you are ever in the situation where you need to defend yourself, you are going to have to do this.

Outdoorsman1

Yea I noticed the "range tables" at shooters that would prevent holster draw and fire.

Not only that...

They prevent shooting from the hip practice with my Mossberg 500 Pursuader (see Avatar pic).. From the factory, 12 GA. with 9 round capacity (8+1), heat sheild,, folding stock, pistol grip, with added (by me) Mag light at the end of the barrel and sling (shoulder strap).. other wise known as my home defence (security) unit who I lovingly refer to as "Betsy"

Outdoorman1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.