• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zen and the Art of Forum Maintenance

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawk, I've come to the conclusion that Hank doesn't know how to give a straight answer, which is sad. He also can't find where he actually answered the question, though it seems he can find anything else and quote it. Funny.

Oh well, if I were a betting man, he'll be gone soon anyway. Good riddance.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
Hawk, I've come to the conclusion that Hank doesn't know how to give a straight answer, which is sad.  He also can't  find where he actually answered the question, though it seems he can find anything else and quote it.  Funny. 

Oh well, if I were a betting man, he'll be gone soon anyway.  Good riddance.

Strange you should put it that way.

I would normally send you this response in a PM. While I certainly am aware that you have far more personal integrity that HankT, he has shown us that keeping things off the forum that way is not always assured, so why not just post it.

I happened to see a professional profiler today. I mentioned this situation to him. He found it fascinating. So I showed him some of this discussion. The first thing he saw was that unlike normal discussions Hank never discusses his personal experiences, everything is in the abstract, or based on some other persons experience. I had never noticed that but in looking back it is very true.

His opinion was that Hank has a pathological inability to respond to direct questions. He will avoid by any means having to answer. Usually he simply tries to change the subject, but if pressed he will go on the offensive. When he does so, he will compromise any ethical norms or protocols to press the attack. According to him, Hank actually thinks you are attacking HIM if you ask him a question. Pressing for answers only feeds this irrational fear, increases his anger and elevates his desire to attack and damage his perceived antagonist.

He noted that as this thread has unfolded, that Hank increasingly has fallen back on long quotes of previous text, with only a minimum amount of new material. He pointed to the obvious amount of time it would take to research and assemble such responses and indicated that is simply not the behavior of a normal person.

Despite the length of the posts, in every case they avoid simply answering the questions, thus ending the issue. These long diatribes only contain a few lines of text Hank finds relevant and those get highlighting. But he also noted that there is no actual relevant point to these long posts. They are only intended to change the topic and conceal the actual failure to answer questions.

I won't bore you with all of the details, but this guy thinks Hank is one sick puppy. He thinks that it is very likely that he is prohibited by law from owning a firearm, possibly as the result of adjudication as having a mental disorder. He added that if that is not the case it should be, unless he gets treatment it will only get worse.

Regards

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HankT wrote:
Reverend73 wrote:
Hank, I have read your posts from 3 and 4 June and find nowhere that you answer my question( care to post a link??) .

It's in there. I'm sure you can find it. I posted a long list of potential tops. Hawkflyer even said he couldapprove of a discussion/debate somewhat based on my list and explanations of the suggestion I'd made.

By the way, REV, speaking of not being able to find something, I know you voted in the Does HankT Actually Open Carry? poll thread last night. You said so. But now I cannot locate the thread. Maybe BobCav removed it?

Can't figure out why Bob would remove a 3 or 4 page thread/poll that he started. There must be a reason...but I just can't figure it out. He starts a thread to make fun (good fun) of me, then keeps insisting that the question before the forum is whether or not "HankT Actually Open Carr[ies]" but then pulls the thread that is exactly about that.

Can't figure it out. But Bob must have a reason for it. I just can't figure it out.

Yep, I deleted the whole thread because though it expressed OUR opinions, it did nothing to answer the question. Besides, you were using it to feed off the attention.

You have never stated that you did OC, you merely mentioned that "perhaps it's not possible" in your state. You have claimed to have at least twice as many guns as Longwatch.

You also have never claimed to have written a LTE or done anything that is remotely pro-active to support gun rights. You may own guns, but your "rabid defense of the RKBA" as you call it is invisible on this forum and to these members.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Reverend73 wrote:
Hawk, I've come to the conclusion that Hank doesn't know how to give a straight answer, which is sad. He also can't find where he actually answered the question, though it seems he can find anything else and quote it. Funny.

Oh well, if I were a betting man, he'll be gone soon anyway. Good riddance.

Strange you should put it that way.

I would normally send you this response in a PM. While I certainly am aware that you have far more personal integrity that HankT, he has shown us that keeping things off the forum that way is not always assured, so why not just post it.

I happened to see a professional profiler today. I mentioned this situation to him. He found it fascinating. So I showed him some of this discussion. The first thing he saw was that unlike normal discussions Hank never discusses his personal experiences, everything is in the abstract, or based on some other persons experience. I had never noticed that but in looking back it is very true.

His opinion was that Hank has a pathological inability to respond to direct questions. He will avoid by any means having to answer. Usually he simply tries to change the subject, but if pressed he will go on the offensive. When he does so, he will compromise any ethical norms or protocols to press the attack. According to him, Hank actually thinks you are attacking HIM if you ask him a question. Pressing for answers only feeds this irrational fear, increases his anger and elevates his desire to attack and damage his perceived antagonist.

He noted that as this thread has unfolded, that Hank increasingly has fallen back on long quotes of previous text, with only a minimum amount of new material. He pointed to the obvious amount of time it would take to research and assemble such responses and indicated that is simply not the behavior of a normal person.

Despite the length of the posts, in every case they avoid simply answering the questions, thus ending the issue. These long diatribes only contain a few lines of text Hank finds relevant and those get highlighting. But he also noted that there is no actual relevant point to these long posts. They are only intended to change the topic and conceal the actual failure to answer questions.

I won't bore you with all of the details, but this guy thinks Hank is one sick puppy. He thinks that it is very likely that he is prohibited by law from owning a firearm, possibly as the result of adjudication as having a mental disorder. He added that if that is not the case it should be, unless he gets treatment it will only get worse.

Regards
Knowing a bit about you and your work Hawk, that's good enough for me.

Thread closed.