• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns across america rally heres the scoop

FrayedString

Dave!

I will not be able to read you examiner articles if I cannot stop the data streaming commercials. The take too much bandwidth, Yes I have a popup blocker, but these are imbedded in the sidebar. I got to 3 out of 204 before I killed the link...and I had not even finished reading your page.

I guess they don't care about the people that have to live with dialup anymore.

I hear you. I have broadband but the ads on examiner.com are a bit out of hand. I know they have to make a buck to keep running, but other sites have managed to monetize via ads without going quite so overboard.

Whitney

Take back your browser

I hear you. I have broadband but the ads on examiner.com are a bit out of hand. I know they have to make a buck to keep running, but other sites have managed to monetize via ads without going quite so overboard.

Depending on what browser you are using you can download add-ons that will block the scripts you encounter on sites like examiner.com.

Google "greasemonkey for <yourbrowser>" I believe this is available for most every browser except IE.

I am using Firefox and have incorporated this feature, no popups automatic scripts or adds.

~Whitney

ETA, and I am open carrying right now.

thunderbolt

I'm assuming that since this is a forum on OC..

And this rally is about firearms.....

That most will be carrying at the rally?

T.

sudden valley gunner

I'm assuming that since this is a forum on OC..

And this rally is about firearms.....

That most will be carrying at the rally?

T.

Many of us here carry all the time we don't wait for rally's, but if you are new to it and want to feel comfortable knowing many of the others around you are carrying an OC meet up or a 2A rally is a perfect place.

thunderbolt

Many of us here carry all the time we don't wait for rally's, but if you are new to it and want to feel comfortable knowing many of the others around you are carrying an OC meet up or a 2A rally is a perfect place.

Hahaha....Brother....I'm a firearms manufacturer, and firearms dealer... I OC as a way of life, not as a fashion statement. (Not suggesting that anyone here is making a fashion statement.)

I was just curious as to the "mood" of everyone going. I will be carrying regardless, unless it is prohibited for some strange reason.

T.

DamonK

What is an assault weapon anyways?

The answers I got where all over the board.

I did let my mouth slip with one woman though. She told me that my gun made her 'uncomfortable'. I told her that her hoplophobia and mental deficiencies were not my problem.

Another guy told me that we need to get weapons out of the hands of murders. I told him that I agree, we should disarm our military.

Are you calling me a murderer? I'll take a lot of flack for a lot of things, but I will not let ANYONE defame my character. Clearly you have no experience with the military, so maybe you should just not talk about things you are clueless about.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Munkey Butt

The Fiance and i will be there, this will be her first "Real" carry experience. Just curious (and without all the bs) if anyone will be carrying their "Modern Sporting Rifle"?

Freedom1Man

Are you calling me a murderer? I'll take a lot of flack for a lot of things, but I will not let ANYONE defame my character. Clearly you have no experience with the military, so maybe you should just not talk about things you are clueless about.

Served 5 years.

It is the military that is doing the drone strikes, last time I checked, or has that been out sourced also?

It was a military action to carpet bomb civilians in WW2 was it not?

Was it a civilian who was piloting the airplanes that dropped the nuclear bombs on Japan?

So, the military is responsible for mass murders. We should really disband the standing armies. Disarm works also.

Last edited:

LarryM

Served 5 years.

It is the military that is doing the drone strikes, last time I checked, or has that been out sourced also?

Was it a civilian who was piloting the airplanes that dropped the nuclear bombs on Japan?

So, the military is responsible for mass murders. We should really disband the standing armies. Disarm works also.

Are you a troll or what?

DamonK

Are you a troll or what?

I'm thinking he's a troll. I've seen a few of his posts, he's out there. Or he's just a wacko. The first and third examples that he gave were political based assaults, that worked. The second is simple a very hard part of very hard war. I do kinda wonder, 5 years doesn't fit the common retention and recruiting plans, so was he discharged for a reason, or is he maybe just full of crap. It is possible that he's being truthful, but not likely...

sudden valley gunner

Hahaha....Brother....I'm a firearms manufacturer, and firearms dealer... I OC as a way of life, not as a fashion statement. (Not suggesting that anyone here is making a fashion statement.)

I was just curious as to the "mood" of everyone going. I will be carrying regardless, unless it is prohibited for some strange reason.

T.

Gotcha, +1.

Not prohibited, our state still has some rights, my mood is a good one, and a positive one that you and I won't let them take those rights. See you there.

Jeff Hayes

Served 5 years.

Seriously!!!!! I mean REALLY, go crawl back in your hole, you need a keeper, stay away from me with that attitude and please stop talking to the antis you are a disgrace to the rest of us. You do realize that you just called a goodly portion of the members here murders and I would guess somewhere around all of us have family members that have served, some of us have family members that have served for centuries, some of us are not going to take that kindly.

cpgrad08

Just so you know there are 5 year enlistments. I had to do 5 years as an MP in the Marine Corps. Not excusing what he said but there 5 year contracts.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

skeith5

Just so you know there are 5 year enlistments. I had to do 5 years as an MP in the Marine Corps. Not excusing what he said but there 5 year contracts.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

When was that though? I joined awhile ago and all contracts were six years total. If you did active duty for four, you'd be reserves for two. I was under the impression that today all contracts are still six years long, even though your active duty time may not be that long.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2