• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns across america rally heres the scoop

Jeff Hayes

the WSP can always clear the campus if they feel an event needs to be shutdown for safety reasons.. That can factor into enforceable. Just imagine that on the news....

I would just comply with the rule, sometimes it's simply not worth it not to. Although the rule convinced me not to bring my rifle since I don't want to get dust and dirt in the open bolt of my long arm.

EMN thanks for using common sense it is greatly appreciated, see you there.

There will be several WSP Officers there they have always been very cool with us OC etc, I would like to keep it that way, I like it better when they are on our side.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Orphan;1883278 You are correct the law does not require it to be unloaded but [B said:
as the permit holders for the use of the facility that day we can have our own rules.[/B]

With so many people gun safety needs to be taken up a notch lets make this a safe rally where we impress our legislators not frighten them.

This is Truth. Safety must be paramount.

tombrewster421

With so many people gun safety needs to be taken up a notch lets make this a safe rally where we impress our legislators not frighten them.

In regards to frightening our legislators, technically every person carrying any type of gun could be cited for a .270 violation. Surely we are there with intent to intimidate our legislators into respecting our rights. That is the purpose of the second amendment after all. I do not think this is right, but in the interest of not going to jail, I will be on my best behavior whether I carry a rifle or not.

I think we should concentrate on changing the wording of .270 since it flies in the face of the right to keep and bear arms.

Freedom1Man

In regards to frightening our legislators, technically every person carrying any type of gun could be cited for a .270 violation. Surely we are there with intent to intimidate our legislators into respecting our rights. That is the purpose of the second amendment after all. I do not think this is right, but in the interest of not going to jail, I will be on my best behavior whether I carry a rifle or not.

I think we should concentrate on changing the wording of .270 since it flies in the face of the right to keep and bear arms.

.270 is partly about intent. I have no intention to frighten anyone.

I am only going to that our elected officials can visualize a relative number of people who care enough about their rights to make a fuss over them.

Last edited:

rapgood

Actually, although "technically every person carrying any type of gun could be cited for a .270 violation" (you can get "cited" for just about anything at any time), if one is only carrying with nothing more, it would be a hard stretch for the prosecutor to make a viable case (assuming that the prosecutor is foolish enough to actually attempt to prosecute). The case law is clear that something more than the mere display of a weapon must occur for .270 to be violated. The conduct asserted to be violative of the statute must be conduct that actually poses a threat to others (simply being "alarmed" is not enough). Moreover, if an LEO is foolish enough to actually arrest and/or cite someone for merely carrying, that LEO is likely to find him/herself on the wrong (and probably losing) end of a federal lawsuit for constitutional rights violations. However, knowing that the Capitol grounds are secured by WSP, an unlawful arrest/citation is highly unlikely. Those guys tend to be very savvy about the law and do not usually make mistakes about the propriety of their arrests.

Nevertheless, if any of you gets cited or arrested, make sure you have first acquired one of my business cards.

massivedesign

At the risk of sounding harsh we will be enforcing the no mag inserted bolt open rules for rifles and hand guns must remain holstered at all times.

How are you planning on enforcing this? What is the remedy, ask the person to publicly manipulate the weapon by dropping the mag and cycle the round out? What if they refuse to comply?

sudden valley gunner

Just received a call from KING 5 and they will be covering the rally.

Good! They did a fair job for our side in the anti gun rally. Cut and paste a bit but what else can you expect. And they said "Freedom's Robert Stratton", because when they asked me who I represent I said myself and freedom.......lol. The Anchor's concluding remarks including our OC group there as part of the rally with a different view.....not bad.

dadada

Late notice, but I'm heading down, and have room for at least three. I've got a Yukon with seating for six. I'll take five if at least two are short or willing to fit into the third row. I'll be leaving from the Sumner/Puyallup/Milton area. No need for gas money, my treat!

tombrewster421

Simply incredible!

It's a legitimate question. Not everyone that will be there has been on this forum and quite possibly will have no knowledge of the rules for safety that the state patrol has proposed.

Just a scenario that you should think about and have a plan developed in advance on how to deal with the situation.

Last edited:

Vitaeus

I am also curious, are you going to have a clearing barrel for the long arm carrier to perform these manipulations? Not everyone who shows up at this is going to be a member here or at Waguns, some are going to have heard from a friend and come out in support.

EMNofSeattle

Here's to hoping we'll all be safe tommorow and can be adults and trusted not to do anything stupid, the last thing I want on the headlines is "protester shot at second amendment rally"

xxx.jakk.xxx

I don't agree with requiring that all rifles be carried empty. An empty rifle is a fashion statement like a silk scarf. Using the possibility off a ND as a reason to have them unloaded is ignorant and an argument used to stop all firearms from being carried.

Okay, now that I'm done with that, since they are making asinine rules, if you want to carry a rifle, want to follow the rules and don't want to be without your magazine, you could have a butt stock magazine pouch. Just be careful transporting the rifle as rcw77.15.460(5) states "For purposes of subsection (1) of this section, a rifle or shotgun shall not be considered loaded if the detachable clip or magazine is not inserted in or attached to the rifle or shotgun."

Last edited:

badkarma

pre-rally breakfast reminder

Pre-rally breakfast
iHop
3519 Martin Way E
OLYMPIA, WA 98506-5049*
9am. Easy on/off I-5 and not deep into Mexican territory like the place on 101.I will be the guy with a gun.