• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns across america rally heres the scoop

DEROS72

I am trying to open up my schedule to make it to the rally on Saturday. If so, I may have room for one person if they require a ride.

I did an interview with Kiro last night at my house.I can,t find the link on that website.Could anyone that finds it post the link.

Kiro will be there to cover the event.

EMNofSeattle

I did an interview with Kiro last night at my house.I can,t find the link on that website.Could anyone that finds it post the link.

Kiro will be there to cover the event.

they'll probably air it tonight Jim, I searched your full name on kiro for stories in the last 24 hours and came up with zero hits.

Schlepnier

Question about the event, i am driving in from yelm and was wondeing about parking since i do not go the state capitol(i tend to drive past it). where can we park and for how long?

Nimh

Question about the event, i am driving in from yelm and was wondeing about parking since i do not go the state capitol(i tend to drive past it). where can we park and for how long?

Good question - I'm also interested as I don't know Olympia well.

Looks like I've managed to recruit my wife, a couple friends and another carload of coworkers.

DEROS72

Major Update on Rally

I have pretty much everything in place.I just received a call from Clint Didier who will be attending also and will speak on 2A issues and where we are headed.Other speakers are Shiram Hadian ,Phil Watson of the SAF ,Dave Workman,Mark Knapp (attorney),sate representative Dave Taylor,and others.
There will be a table for kids with prize bags , balloons and other patriotic goodies.there will other participants such as WA.guns ,south sound Patriots Constitution Party Garrette Loyde King and others that supported us last year.The program will open with Kerry Hooks singing the National Anthem ,the Pledge of allegiance and a veterans tribute and prayer.This is expected to be huge and KIRO has mentioned they were going to cover this event. Attendence could be thousands .

Jeff Hayes (orphan ) will head the security team which we still need some help with.
as we are trying to present an extremley positive image I would ask that long guns be left at home.This is not about what we own ,but a show in mass of support for our 2nd amendment rights.State patrol has requested that if long guns are displayed that they be slung over the back ,muzzle down,no mags and bolt open.Security will also be verifying that this is the case and no one is handle ling weapons.
Also dress appropriately please as it is a positive image of law abiding gun owners we are to portray.

I would also ask help with sodas coffee and water .If folks could bring some coolers with this and maybe pick up some of those coffee boxes from starbucks would be super.Pleas pm or e-mail me with anything you can help with.Once again it is Open Carry Wa. on point.

Last edited:

Schlepnier

State patrol has requested that if long guns are displayed that they be slung over the back ,muzzle down,no mags and bolt open.Security will also be verifying that this is the case

While i am not bringing any rifles since i dont want to lug them around the WSP request smacks as illegal and un-enforceable. as long as it is slung and not in hand the law does not require it to be unloaded with the bolt open. why would we be verifiying this.......confused.

:confused:

EMNofSeattle

While i am not bringing any rifles since i dont want to lug them around the WSP request smacks as illegal and un-enforceable. as long as it is slung and not in hand the law does not require it to be unloaded with the bolt open. why would we be verifiying this.......confused.

the WSP can always clear the campus if they feel an event needs to be shutdown for safety reasons.. That can factor into enforceable. Just imagine that on the news....

I would just comply with the rule, sometimes it's simply not worth it not to. Although the rule convinced me not to bring my rifle since I don't want to get dust and dirt in the open bolt of my long arm.

Jeff Hayes

First off no one will be handling your firearm, there is no check in or anything like that, we will be walking around visually verifying mags are not inserted and blots are open.

Safety, the very last thing our rights need is a very public negligent discharge on the evening news, not to mention the possibility of someone getting hurt or worse. KParker said it very well the other day "since we are not in a combat zone we do not need the mags inserted or the bolts closed."

You are correct the law does not require it to be unloaded but as the permit holders for the use of the facility that day we can have our own rules.

At the risk of sounding harsh we will be enforcing the no mag inserted bolt open rules for rifles and hand guns must remain holstered at all times.

At the last rally A guy pulled his revolver out to show it to another person and swept me and about 10 others with a loaded gun. I asked him to re-holster it slowly and he did and then said I did not mean to, I am 100% sure he did not mean to or want to.

With so many people gun safety needs to be taken up a notch lets make this a safe rally where we impress our legislators not frighten them.