• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns across america rally heres the scoop

DamonK

When was that though? I joined awhile ago and all contracts were six years total. If you did active duty for four, you'd be reserves for two. I was under the impression that today all contracts are still six years long, even though your active duty time may not be that long.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

When I was working for recruiting command it was a 8 year total enlistment for the Army. The common way they broke it down was 4 active 4 IRR.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Freedom1Man

Seriously!!!!! I mean REALLY, go crawl back in your hole, you need a keeper, stay away from me with that attitude and please stop talking to the antis you are a disgrace to the rest of us. You do realize that you just called a goodly portion of the members here murders and I would guess somewhere around all of us have family members that have served, some of us have family members that have served for centuries, some of us are not going to take that kindly.

Well how would you define mass murder?

How many innocent people die from military action each day?

It's not murder if the military is acting as a defending force but, if it's an invading force then it's an act of murder.

I have checked with my other friends who have also served and they see no logical flaw with my argument. Any order that is not lawful is not to be followed. If you followed the unlawful orders to invade a foreign land then that was your choice to do so.

While you may have been conscripted and only killed under duress that would create extenuating circumstances showing that you where not doing it under your own 'free will'.

There were pilots during WW2 that would drop their bombs over empty fields to avoid murdering innocent people.

Freedom1Man

I'm thinking he's a troll. I've seen a few of his posts, he's out there. Or he's just a wacko. The first and third examples that he gave were political based assaults, that worked. The second is simple a very hard part of very hard war. I do kinda wonder, 5 years doesn't fit the common retention and recruiting plans, so was he discharged for a reason, or is he maybe just full of crap. It is possible that he's being truthful, but not likely...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

5 year one time enlistment. That is what spurred me on to learn about law and my rights.

I did an ETS at the end of my contract with an honorable discharge.

I did not attack the soldiers directly but rather the actions of those who order the soldiers around.

Our country should not have any occupying forces anywhere. We really should have out monthly militia musters to practice working together in the event of an invasion or if the putting down of a corrupt government was ever called for.

Our country had no business getting involved with WW1 period and only in WW2 to the extend to force Japan to withdraw military actions against our country. Given that it might have required that they surrender before they would agree to do that and so that would have been acceptable. We should not have been supporting Russia during WW2 at all.

The Korean conflict we had no business being involved with and the Vietnam conflict was based on a lie. Then we attack Iraq over a dispute that we had no business sticking our noses into. We put Saddam in power in the first place.

Those who want war should be the only ones who should take up arms and go fight it, however unless it's in active defense of this country not one dime of public money should be spent to support your fight.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

When was that though? I joined awhile ago and all contracts were six years total. If you did active duty for four, you'd be reserves for two. I was under the impression that today all contracts are still six years long, even though your active duty time may not be that long.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

It's a total of 8 years now. Mine was 5 years active duty and 3 year inactive reserves.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Just so you know there are 5 year enlistments. I had to do 5 years as an MP in the Marine Corps. Not excusing what he said but there 5 year contracts.

DamonK has it correct. ALL enlistments are eight years. That eight is whittled down in several areas. Active duty, active reserve, ready reserve, and individual ready reserve. The last two only keep your name on the list in case of emergency. It all goes in your contract. But it will TOTAL eight years.

Freedom1Man

An armed citizenry is has to tools to keep it's freedom.

An unarmed citizenry is what tyrants strive for.

An armed citizen is a free citizen.
An unarmed citizen is a subject.

Jeff Hayes

Deros was interviewed by KIRO news for their 11 PM news segment tonight they will also be feathering Ralph Facitelli, I most likely spelled Ralph's name wrong but ya gotta care before it counts and I just do not care.

cpgrad08

DamonK has it correct. ALL enlistments are eight years. That eight is whittled down in several areas. Active duty, active reserve, ready reserve, and individual ready reserve. The last two only keep your name on the list in case of emergency. It all goes in your contract. But it will TOTAL eight years.

Five years active 3 years IRR here.

DEROS72

Good, you walk with me so I don't get interviewed. You handle the camera rather well.

Otherwise I am sure everyone on here would love to have me be the voice of the pro-gun crowd.

Kiro was already here at my house to interview me.I will be issuing a press release as i always do for these.They aready know who the media contacts are .we have been doing this for years now.

HeesBonafide

Trying to make it to the rally

I am trying to open up my schedule to make it to the rally on Saturday. If so, I may have room for one person if they require a ride.