• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One of our mods E-stalked someone?!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I appreciate the kind words from the members who truly see the value of my being here and it is my pleasure to answer questions and give a different point of view. ;)

The member moderator and John are aware of the post on the other forum in regards to this forum and the matter has been pretty much resolved.

The manner that Nitrovic carried himself here was a little crass and that is sad.

Most members that are not really interested inthe site eventually go away after they have had their rant. I am still working on mine so I will be here a while longer. :lol:
I don't have to agree with a man about everything to like and respect him.

Flintlock

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I appreciate the kind words from the members who truly see the value of my being here and it is my pleasure to answer questions and give a different point of view. ;)

The member moderator and John are aware of the post on the other forum in regards to this forum and the matter has been pretty much resolved.

The manner that Nitrovic carried himself here was a little crass and that is sad.

Most members that are not really interested inthe site eventually go away after they have had their rant. I am still working on mine so I will be here a while longer. :lol:
LEO 229,Although we may not always agree, Ireally appreciate your incite and perspective and I think it serves the forum well.

LEO 229

imported post

Unfortunately,the good things said here will be overlooked as it will not fit the agenda of the poster in another site. They have their own reasons for doing it and will use what the find.

This is why it is so important to keep the bashing and blanket statements to a minimum. It does not help anyone and we have seen it used against the forum.

Youcould join the opposing forum and plead your case but it would take a great deal of time. Then you have to enlighten the new people that come along.

Change simply will not happen overnight....

WARCHILD

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Unfortunately,the good things said here will be overlooked as it will not fit the agenda of the poster in another site. They have their own reasons for doing it and will use what the find.

This is why it is so important to keep the bashing and blanket statements to a minimum. It does not help anyone and we have seen it used against the forum.

Youcould join the opposing forum and plead your case but it would take a great deal of time. Then you have to enlighten the new people that come along.

LEO229: I have never had a conversation with you directly, but as a relatively new member to this forum, You and all the members of this forum have earned my respect simply for what you are trying to do. It is well known, "Activist" no matter what their cause, are viewed with distrust and "Self Agenda". Many will try to disrupt and intimidate those who they disagree with to get the reaction they claim we already have. So to try and educate them with truth and knowledge, may be a lost cause, it MUST be our first attemptin answer toany intimidation by Nitro or anyone like him. With this forum's permission, I would like to address this on my radio show. I will stay in general conversation-- no names or exact circumstances/events-- only that we DO support all LEO's and only try to get them to understand our position as much as we understand theirs. Anyone who follows this forum for any period of time will see you require truth, validation, and respect for disagreement to all.Were we the "Anti-LEO's" we are charged as being, I am sure Venator and I would have given a truly one sided version of our encounters during oc challenge by LEO's. This is more than my 2 cents worth, but I got a gallon of gas and had coins left over from a 50:cuss:Just kidding, but not for long!

imperialism2024

imported post

I'm kind of disappointed that none of my posts got quoted over there... :lol:

Then again, I'm not anti-LEO, but anti-unconstitutional-government, which I'd think would be fair game on that particular thread.

PavePusher

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

LEO 229,Although we may not always agree, Ireally appreciate your incite and perspective and I think it serves the forum well.

Uhh, you meant "insight", right? ;)

LEO 229, I also appreciate your presence here, even though once or a dozen times I have disagreed with you strenuously. At the very least, you help keep us on our toes and help us look at things through another mindset. And I think we tend to agree more often than we disagree.

LEO 229

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
Uhh, you meant "insight", right? ;)

LEO 229, I also appreciate your presence here, even though once or a dozen times I have disagreed with you strenuously. At the very least, you help keep us on our toes and help us look at things through another mindset. And I think we tend to agree more often than we disagree.
I hold no grudges.... :D

Even with Doug... he is out there and I try to understand.... but I let it go and move on.

If we agreed all the time this place would be boring and we would learn nothing. :lol:

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ok I finally went to the mentioned forum and checked. They open with a disclaimer which reads

These Are Private Forums for Law Enforcement. We Reserve the Right to Remove Non-LEO Members, Anti-LE or Inappropriate Posts and Users Without Warning.

This is a forum for LEOs to pat each other on the back. To justify enforcing personal agendas rather than the law. Dissenting opinions are not allowed. That is ok. It is a private forum and they make their position clear up front. I noticed many of these guys seem to love themselves quite a bit especially nitrovic who thinks everyone wants to be like him. Presumablybecause he is better than everybody else and he has a badge to prove it. I really think he should have his IQ checked. It might bring him back to planet earth.

There is no going to that enlightened forum and presenting a meaningful dialogue. It is not allowed by their rules. Interestingly though their members are welcome here, and as long as they do not come on with the "my badge makes me a superior being attitude" will probably find somearousing discussion. Problem is the lack of reverence on our part may send them scurrying back to the safety of their LEO only safe haven.

marine dad

imported post

"Then again, I'm not anti-LEO, but anti-unconstitutional-government, which I'd think would be fair game on that particular thread."

+++10

btw, i got a kick out of the honorable mention on officer.com

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Kudos to Bohdi for trying to do the Lords work over there. I'm not recommending anyone else try though. I think we can politely state the case for open carry on other forums as individuals but we should avoid doing it en mass and in the case of officer forum it seems the well has already been poisoned to much for any effort to be helpful, especially if one doesn't have 1*/.

bohdi

imported post

LOL. Thanks for the support folks. Just trying to carry on the grassroots theme of OCDO and VCDL. I happened to notice what was going on over there and after a few days of hemming and hawing over the idea figured I would say something.

I wouldn't completely bash o.com, and don't recommend people go over there and start dumping on themas it (website) does servea purpose. I mean, you can learn alot from a dummy right? It's an interesting website and I took it about as far as I think things can go. I've got one or two more things I'd like to say over there but it took alot of energy out of me. Haven't been there for about a week going on two I think now. It was interesting how much attention my thread actually got in such a short amount of time, that was kind of cool.

I think it's ironic how many of the news stories are on the website pulled from headlines that show police behaving badly while members over there appear to press the above reproach attitudes - not all do but enough to make you shake your head. I've pm'd a few folks over there that I had actually been able to get a decent conversation out of so they aren't all bad, just like all OC'er's aren't whacko's, or in the cast of Deliverance. Gotta dig through the turds to find the goods.

tarzan1888

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
Exactly.  He should've been banned months ago.

This is where a "karma" rating would be great for OCDO.
That "Karma rating" is exactly what destroyed packing.org forums because it was abused.

Power corrupts, abolute power corrupts absolutely.

That is true. I was a very long time member of PDO and you are right.

Tarzan

nitrovic

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
So, I was looking for references to OCDO on google.com and came across this on the first page: http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87045

Supposedly, one of our mods (and it's not mentioned whom) e-stalked this guy and he's now warning LEO and others from that forum to stay far away from OCDO.

This is NOT what we want for our site. I'm pretty sure we want LEO to come on over and give their input and opinions, not threaten them with divulging their personal information; I don't care what kind of post someone makes on these boards, that's NEVER okay.

I'm hoping that, if this account is true, jpierce will take proper disciplinary action with this moderator if it hasn't been done so already.

The moderator in question said he would post my personal information and phone number simply because he claimed I am a police officer. I was not at the time of the posting. Then he threatened to contact my current employer at the time and report me for being on this board while at work. Then he said he would investigate if I had a security clearance and stated that I was violating said clearance. Jpierce was notified and took care of it.

nitrovic

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Nitrovic is an assclown-asshat-retard(words his friends like to use), he comes here, runs his mouth about shit he knows nothing about and expects people to agree with him. **** him! E-stalking? If someone claims to be or not to be something and a few minutes on Google refute his claim, I hardly call that stalking. I call that outing a liar, a liar that has/had a job where high integrity is very important.

Then he goes and whines on coporama dot com about this site. The guy is a piece of work.

Just another personal attack. It's actually against forum rules yet nobody ever enforces these rules unless you disagree with them. Hmmmmmm. And I never lied, as I stated prior, I was not currently a police officer or government official like I was being accused of being.

nitrovic

imported post

bohdi wrote:
LOL. Thanks for the support folks. Just trying to carry on the grassroots theme of OCDO and VCDL. I happened to notice what was going on over there and after a few days of hemming and hawing over the idea figured I would say something.

I wouldn't completely bash o.com, and don't recommend people go over there and start dumping on them as it (website) does serve a purpose. I mean, you can learn alot from a dummy right? It's an interesting website and I took it about as far as I think things can go. I've got one or two more things I'd like to say over there but it took alot of energy out of me. Haven't been there for about a week going on two I think now. It was interesting how much attention my thread actually got in such a short amount of time, that was kind of cool.

I think it's ironic how many of the news stories are on the website pulled from headlines that show police behaving badly while members over there appear to press the above reproach attitudes - not all do but enough to make you shake your head. I've pm'd a few folks over there that I had actually been able to get a decent conversation out of so they aren't all bad, just like all OC'er's aren't whacko's, or in the cast of Deliverance. Gotta dig through the turds to find the goods.

If you want to really post the truth Bohdi you can go over there and see that the vast majority of officers believe in the right for citizens to OC. And most aren't some crazy nazi ss (like they have been called here on many occassions). And as far as your first comment, the difference is ALL bad police stories are posted here. On top of that there is really no reason to post them. This is an OC site, not a police site. Yet you look up the words "pig,officer, cop" and tons of stuff shows up. Go figure.

nitrovic

imported post

irfner wrote:
Ok I finally went to the mentioned forum and checked. They open with a disclaimer which reads

These Are Private Forums for Law Enforcement. We Reserve the Right to Remove Non-LEO Members, Anti-LE or Inappropriate Posts and Users Without Warning.

This is a forum for LEOs to pat each other on the back. To justify enforcing personal agendas rather than the law. Dissenting opinions are not allowed. That is ok. It is a private forum and they make their position clear up front. I noticed many of these guys seem to love themselves quite a bit especially nitrovic who thinks everyone wants to be like him. Presumably because he is better than everybody else and he has a badge to prove it. I really think he should have his IQ checked. It might bring him back to planet earth.

There is no going to that enlightened forum and presenting a meaningful dialogue. It is not allowed by their rules. Interestingly though their members are welcome here, and as long as they do not come on with the "my badge makes me a superior being attitude" will probably find some arousing discussion. Problem is the lack of reverence on our part may send them scurrying back to the safety of their LEO only safe haven.

Not true, you try to disagree here and you get threatened by a moderator. You disagree over there and the most you get is an argument. Your comments show your real agenda-

"Presumably because he is better than everybody else and he has a badge to prove it"

:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

nitrovic

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Unfortunately, the good things said here will be overlooked as it will not fit the agenda of the poster in another site. They have their own reasons for doing it and will use what the find.

You could join the opposing forum and plead your case but it would take a great deal of time. Then you have to enlighten the new people that come along.

LEO229: I have never had a conversation with you directly, but as a relatively new member to this forum, You and all the members of this forum have earned my respect simply for what you are trying to do. It is well known, "Activist" no matter what their cause, are viewed with distrust and "Self Agenda". Many will try to disrupt and intimidate those who they disagree with to get the reaction they claim we already have. So to try and educate them with truth and knowledge, may be a lost cause, it MUST be our first attempt in answer to any intimidation by Nitro or anyone like him. With this forum's permission, I would like to address this on my radio show. I will stay in general conversation-- no names or exact circumstances/events-- only that we DO support all LEO's and only try to get them to understand our position as much as we understand theirs. Anyone who follows this forum for any period of time will see you require truth, validation, and respect for disagreement to all. Were we the "Anti-LEO's" we are charged as being, I am sure Venator and I would have given a truly one sided version of our encounters during oc challenge by LEO's. This is more than my 2 cents worth, but I got a gallon of gas and had coins left over from a 50:cuss:Just kidding, but not for long!

What "intimidation"?? I never threatened anybody or called anybody names. The same has happened time and time again to me here.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nitrovic wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
So, I was looking for references to OCDO on google.com and came across this on the first page: http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87045

Supposedly, one of our mods (and it's not mentioned whom) e-stalked this guy and he's now warning LEO and others from that forum to stay far away from OCDO.

This is NOT what we want for our site. I'm pretty sure we want LEO to come on over and give their input and opinions, not threaten them with divulging their personal information; I don't care what kind of post someone makes on these boards, that's NEVER okay.

I'm hoping that, if this account is true, jpierce will take proper disciplinary action with this moderator if it hasn't been done so already.

The moderator in question said he would post my personal information and phone number simply because he claimed I am a police officer. I was not at the time of the posting. Then he threatened to contact my current employer at the time and report me for being on this board while at work. Then he said he would investigate if I had a security clearance and stated that I was violating said clearance. Jpierce was notified and took care of it.
First of all I never said I would post your personal info, just the fact that you yourself admitted to being a LEO on those other forums. YOU implied that I meant everything in the PM to you, including the personal info that I included ONLY in the PM to you to prove that I had indeed identified you. I believe my actual words were "before I post".....go back to english class please and go to the chapter about implications and inferences. That was all YOUR paranoia and YOUR own manipulation of the facts to make yourself look like a victim. Well, I'm not buying it.

You're the fool that recklessly posted so freaking much of yourown personal info all over the internet, don't blame me for finding it. ANYONE can find the same thing in 10 minutes by googling "nitrovic". A 12 year old could make the connections. And please for the love of God....lookup the definition of e-stalking. I never contacted you using the methods I discovered, such as your e-mail address or phone numbers, all readily available because YOU left them on the net.

And believe me, the "other" info I found is what your employers need to be aware of, if you do indeed have a clearance. Or perhaps IAD, if you were or are a LEO.If it was in the line of duty, it was poor police work and stupid. If not, it was illegal. I'll let them be the judge as is my right as a citizen to report all such identified activity.

My intent was just in case you WERE performing an investigation I didnt want to interfere.And the funny thing is that John has been copied on every PM and has never spoken to me about it at all. Not once! So yet again you're lying. And when I spoke to Johnon the phone on Monday, I was the one that brought it up and told him about you lies and bashing of OCDO on officer.com.

You're a waste of my time, a waste of this forum's resources. As I've said a hundred times, but it never gets through your thick skull, we don't hate LEO's here.....

Just you.