• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ABC 20/20 Show on Guns Tonight at 10 PM Eastern

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

At the very beginning of the show they specifically stated "This is not about gun debate...." but so far the ENTIRE episode has been about how bad guns are and how countless children are dying everyday. They haven't even attempted to balance this.

This show is trash so far, not that I expected a reasoned argument from a news show.

TraumaRN

imported post

Notice they did not show how the "professionals" would have handled the first scenario with classroom, they only showed "normal" kids.

Put them in obscenely oversize shirts,

Put them in the same chair each time,

Put them up against a "pro" shooter,

show only a scenario that lasts 5 seconds.

Now the real world: clothes designed to be comfortable for the shooter, blinded position to the perp, and the perp usually just some badguy with no more experience than the normal shooter, if that, and an extended time of firing for reload, etc.

Where is John Stossel? GIVE ME A BREAK!

Katfisher

imported post

I think im gona be sick!! this show is complete BS, lilkidsdaddy would probably not have gotkilled if he wasnt dealing crack or some other illegal ghetto sh**

:cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::exclaim:

echo6tango

imported post

And they just threw in, "And now, mayors in cities across the nation are calling for "something" to be done about ASSAULT WEAPONS." Wow, is the nation being primed for an upcoming ban or what?!

Oh, and they didn't mention that the Va Tech LIED on his ATF form.....

Edit: To add...This show is making me want to throw all my evil weapons of death and evil into the ocean. I would be a bad person if I didn't...

I think I'm gonna spew

AtackDuck

imported post

20/20 makes me want to puke. I sincerely hope great evil befalls Couric and the other air headwith her, such that a gun would make the difference between life and death.

echo6tango

imported post

Not a single story of a firearm being used in a story with a "happy" ending. Not one story of a firearm being successfully used in self-defense. Oh yeah, that was one of the most OBJECTIVE pieces of journalism I've ever seen.

Brought to you by the Brady Bunch and the State of Maryland...

ODA 226

imported post

20/20 loaded the active shooter scenario with trained cops against untrained students. I challenge them to put me and my SF team against their shooters in a straight-up active shooter scenario...we'd kick their asses!

VApatriot

imported post

I just watched the whole 20/20 report, and it was a 100% piece of crap. They did notpresent one single opposing view or argument. We need to write John Stossel at 20/20 and ask him to do a rebuttal to this biased propaganda.

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have to echo another comment made earlier....

They call that a "scenario"? is that a joke? ... Because it's always realistic for Conceal Carry Permit holders to wear rediculously sized clothes and sit in the most vulnerable position in the class as a trained gunman with decades of firearms experience and behavioral training comes walking into the room with the intent of taking lives....

Because Oscar Meyer has a way with B O L O G N A.

echo6tango

imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
I have to echo another comment made earlier....

They call that a "scenario"? is that a joke? ... Because it's always realistic for Conceal Carry Permit holders to wear rediculously sized clothes and sit in the most vulnerable position in the class as a trained gunman with decades of firearms experience and behavioral training comes walking into the room with the intent of taking lives....

Because Oscar Meyer has a way with B O L O G N A.
Something a poster on ABC website pointed out that I completely missed (as did 20/20)...Although all of the "students" in the scenario "failed" and "died," did you notice that the gunman's attention was diverted enough to allow everyone else to escape the classroom? SO, according to ABC News, even an untrained person with a firearm can save lives! Thanks 20/20!

Tomahawk

imported post

echo6tango wrote:
Wow, is the nation being primed for an upcoming ban or what?!
That thought did occur inside my thick skull.

20/20 makes me want to puke. I sincerely hope great evil befalls Couric and the other air headwith her, such that a gun would make the difference between life and death.

Um, that was Diane Sawyer.

Thing I noticed was that John Stossel, the only pro-gun voice on 20/20 or even all of ABC for that matter, was conspicuously absent this evening. Guess they had to give him the day off so they could clear the decks for a full barrage against my freedom.

Renegade

imported post

Disgusting.

Major flaws with their "experiment" that deem the information provided entirely useless.

1) Not one of the students accurately reflected the abilities of a "normal" person that carries openly or concealed. The students picked should have represented a normal distribution: some have never carried before, most carried occasionally, some carry 100% of the time. It was good that none of the students had advance knowledge of what was about to happen.

2) The shooter did not accurately reflect the skill level of the "average" mass murderer. First and foremost, the shooter was highly skilled and even more importantly, had prior knowledge that a student with a gun will be in the class and may resist...and it seemed as if they placed that student in the same seat every time - talk about loading the results! They should have used different shooters with different skill levels that had no knowledge of a student being present that may be able to resist.

3) They used a most unusual scenario - a classroom. They should have varied the settings to accurately reflect real life. Maybe have a one scene in a restaurant, one on a city street, another in a classroom, a few in convenience stores (one employee, another customer), one in a persons home, etc.

My suggestion is that VCDL should fund an objective study that accurately answers these questions once and for all. The raw data would be available to all for peer review and extensive documentation would allow replication of the study. I am willing to offer my ability to construct testing, process data, and publish the results.

hsmith

imported post

I am glad I didn't watch.

It is pretty obvious they are ramping up to "ban guns" or the what not. The burst of news about gun shootings, these tpyes of reports, Feinstein's comments.

Its on.

rpyne

imported post

I quit watching after the first half hour. I can't stand any more of their anti-gun crap pretending to be investigative reporting.

Alexcabbie

imported post

I do not know where to begin. I am appaled. This show was/is a piece of crap floating down the river coming out of a pig's butt. And they ended itn with an 'In Memoriam" clip. TO A GUY WHO DIED OF A HEART ATTACK NOT A GUNSHOT WOUND but of course the main point was to link firearms with death, and death of beloved people at that.

I couldn't remember the sponsors for the blood shooting outta my eyes. Somebody come up with a list of sponsors from this abomination. We ned to organize a boycott. YESTERDAY.