• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ABC 20/20 Show on Guns Tonight at 10 PM Eastern

SOneThreeCoupe

imported post

Most of what I am about to write has been said before in this thread, but I am saying it again.

My brother told me about the special Friday morning, said it looked bad for us. I decided to watch it, something I don't normally do with MSM garbage.

Come 10pm, here comes "If I Only Had a Gun." Initial apprehension at the title, incredible anger within 5 minutes. I realized then that the entire show would be an exhibit of exactly how low the ABC elitists can go, and how little science they would bother using.

Their "experiments," hardly a fitting description given the total lack of scientific process or reason, utilized too small a sample size in every case. Anyone familiar with statistics knows that sample size is key to accuracy of a comparison or behavioral test.

In addition, the classroom scenario was patently absurd in its execution. For starters, no student with zero firearms experience would carry a thumb-break duty holster tucked under a, as stated before, relatively tight-fitting shirt. In addition, again as said before, the trainer of the armed students was the shooter, and the training itself was ridiculously short and inapplicable. A proper training course would've included using the weak hand to guide the shirt up and over the firearm to allow its draw. Two hours of drawing practice should have been included, but was not because it would have led to better results.

So the trainer, a police firearms instructor who has experience shooting at live targets and who knows who is armed and can identify drawing motions based on experience, is playing the shooter. The armed student is a total and complete amateur, with no knowledge of taking cover or tactical awareness.

Immediately after the incredibly predictable results, the reporters talk with the students. The students' reactions are equally predictable: "Omigawd, I totally like didn't expect that to happen."

Calling the police during a shooting spree can save others. Awesome, but what about me? Oh, so sorry, you get to die. Great, that makes sense. All a cell phone allows you to do is call for help. It's like yelling, but has longer range. It's hard to talk a bullet out of killing you.

Then to the guns in the drawer. Apparently, they picked the dumbest kids for this. "Help Needed: Two morons to empty chests of drawers into boxes and put furniture in a moving van. Please be as stupid as possible so we can use you to our advantage. Peer pressure will be involved. Call ABC and ask for the 20/20 desk." 25 kids is the sample size. Makes sense.

Then the sob stories of lowest common denominators shooting their friends because they lack any form of sense.

Next, to the gun show. This section makes me happy. That guy does EXACTLY what we should all be able to do on any day: buy a firearm without ID or anything else. It's time for me to sell my car, my bike, my extra stuff, move to Virginia, and start collecting. The only problem is that the 20/20 people think that private transactions are a bad thing, just like my state does. Oh, and 20/20 called a semi-automatic rifle an "assault weapon." Funny, I don't think it was select-fire.

Finally, let's go to a place where guns are used illegally, bought illegally, and where people don't respect each other. Let's use a cute kid and some gangsters to make the point. Wait, what?

ABC, thank you for a great program. What you've done is emboldened my brother and me to continue to fight harder and smarter against fools who wish to tell me how I can live my life. You elitists assume that we're willing to give up our liberty for your emotional promise of safety. I can assure you that I'm willing to give up no liberty. We will fight your lies and propaganda with our truth and reason. You've killed reason and you're gunning for liberty. The only problem is that liberty is better armed, mentally and physically.

PS- "If I Only Had a Gun" was a great backdrop for my AR, my 870, and my P226. Thanks for a great cell phone picture.

YllwFvr

imported post

There is alot of it available for viewing on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYIpiunKrHUtheres a piece and others in the related videos section.

I liked the one part, the tall thin kid. The cop shoots him, a student runs in between them so he stops firing and waits for the student to clear his line of fire, then resumes shooting at the armed student.

I could go on but thats what leaped out at me the most. The rest has been said, highly trained shooter, years of experience, knows the armed student, same seat etc etc.

This is NOT any kind of example of what could happen.

Please tell me we are going to try and set up our own demonstration! I will donote funds gladly or volunteer to be a student, or a worker, or help film, loan recording equipment, whatever. This needs to be done. Maybe get the media involved(just not ABC, I mean damn!) and they can get in on it too. This is beyond amazing. Its pure PURE liberal propoganda.

Who wants to start organzing this, because this should not go unchallenged. Do we have any idea how many people saw this?!

If you look at the YouTube comments its nearly 100% disgust and ridicule BUT im sure some people swallowed it hook, line, and sinker.

It seriously blows me away that this was made at all.

Video game mentality. Dear Lord. I will be the first to admit I play WAY too many shooters. I am very good at them. I have no illusions that I could run through a room full of soldiers and come out clean and smiling. The only one with false ideasis the cop himself. :shock:

demnogis

imported post

I decided not to watch this special. It was pretty much everything I thought it would be.

Take a rank amateur "hero", throw him into the mix with a trained professional "terrorist" and let the "bullets" fly. Lets see, who would win? Person with zero arms experience compared to someone with a career in training. The obvious answer.

With a grain of salt...

JOESEEB

imported post

Yesterday I decided to go to the store and as i left i grabbed the usual like my keys, sidearm, and a Washington tri-fold pamphlet. as I got to my car i was approached by my neighbor who just a few days ago i had OC'ed around and he never said any thing to me. well to day was different he started by asking me ifhis wife had given me "the dvd" well i had no clue what he was talking about.

me "what dvd"

him " ill just go get it"

so i followed him to his door them he steps out side and closes the door

him "I noticed the other day that you where packing and after watching this it made me think about the safety of all the kids in the block"

he handed it to me

me "oh.... (20/20 if only i had a gun burned dvd)"

him " have you seen it"

me " no but i was going to i just haven't because of the media bias that is laced through out it"

him "so im assuming thats real (points to my sidearm)"

me "yes"

him "so you have all of your licencing and training done then?"

me "you don't have to have any licencing or training to OC in Washington (as i pull out the pamphlet)"

him "you don't? well how often do you train to control your breathing and your blood flow?

him " we im not trying to change your mind or any thing like that but you really should watch this. is it true that a "GUN" can go of accidentally?"

me "maybe a very old one but not any of mine. first off you never touch the trigger unless you intend to discharge the weapon."

him "well the managers husband who was in the service and is retired was cleaning his firearm a bout a month ago and accidentally discharged it in to the wall near his wife."

me "well i would never point mine in any direction other then down and never touch the trigger. he shouldn't have pointed it in that direction."

our conversation went on and finally i had to go so i took the dvd and got in my car, but this whole situation has me totally pissed off because his brother keeps a loaded handgun under the seat of his car illegally at all times. the only reason he had this talk with me is because of the LIES he was told and because i open carry. Any way this is the aftermath of the 20/20 show and how it ruins peoples understanding about inanimate objects. on another note i have lived next to this guy for 3 years and have gotten to know him and his family very well. its not like the guy doesn't know me after all i talk withhim and hiswife about sword care and technique all the time. he knows me and my family but i think he still feels threatened by it.

LISTENTO THE LIES FROM THE IDIOT BOX AND BELIEVE THEM MUCH!!!!

Alexcabbie

imported post

Whenever someone comes up to me and starts haranguing me about "do you have a permit for that" I usually smile and say "you don't need a permit in Virginia".

One guy said that I "really scared " him and started talking about the danger of "nuts like (me)" carrying firearms (he didn't know me from Adam). And he followed me yammering in this vain about how I was a "scary nut" etc.

I am proud to report that I constrained myself and did NOT say:

"If I scare you so goddamned much then WHY are you trying to piss me off??"

People like this are sorta like vegans who go into Mcdonalds and start yelling "Murderer" at someone eating a filet-o-fish. Insecure folks who want to assure themselves more than anyone else that they are good, moral, righteous people; and who often have multiple other problems as well. So they loudly and obnoxiously voice their opposition to what they see as "bad" things.

There is an abortion clinic here in Alexandria locaated in a larger office park. I really hat it when on a Saturday or Sunday I have to drive someone in there who is either working on the weekend or has a special appointment - especially if it's a female passenger. Because the Pickled Fetus crowd is lined up at the entrance to the comples and they mke all kinds of loud remarks. Entering an office park wherein is located an abortion clinic does not signify intent to have an abortion, and caarrying a gun does not signify intent to do harm. But try tellling it to the nuts....

JOESEEB

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
JOESEEB wrote:
Any way this is the aftermath of the 20/20 show and how it ruins peoples understanding about inanimate objects.
So, when are you taking him to the range?
to be honest i don't think he would go!!! But next time i go i will invite him (first i have to buy pistol rounds. I cant find any when i have money).