• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

6th Monthly Meetup - SoCal UOC Event

coolusername2007

imported post

PaleoCon wrote:
Group, I PM'ed coolusername with particulars on meetup location. He will edit his original post with the coordinates.

Everyone, have a good weekend and a good week next. See you all in 7

P
I have edited the OP with the exact meetup location. Note that this is merely a rendezvous point, we will not be staying at this location. This event is not specific to any location, we will be out and about enjoying old town Pasadena stopping and continuing at will. See you all there, carry on!

chewy352

imported post

Stupid work!!!! I just got offered 8 hours of overtime on Saturday and I'm too new to turn it down. Sorry to bail on you guys.

ryanburbridge

imported post

Would it be ok to bring a freind who is a prohibited person from owning a firearm? My freind will not be in posestion of any firearm at any time but would like to come along for suport. Would this be a problem? Any links to leagle info?

wewd

imported post

ryanburbridge wrote:
Would it be ok to bring a freind who is a prohibited person from owning a firearm? My freind will not be in posestion of any firearm at any time but would like to come along for suport. Would this be a problem? Any links to leagle info?

Shouldn't be a problem. We will already have one such person present. As long as they do not possess or have access to a firearm, they are not breaking any law. But that may depend on the conditions of his prohibition.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

wewd wrote:
ryanburbridge wrote:

Shouldn't be a problem. We will already have one such person present. As long as they do not possess or have access to a firearm, they are not breaking any law. But that may depend on the conditions of his prohibition.
Does he have a videocamera with a good zoom? Maybe he would want to stand off, wear a Criminals for Gun Control (Brady Campaign) t-shirt, and pretend to be a counter protester taking video. Then if anyone asks, tell them "these guys are bad for business, I hope the police shoot them so I can go back to working safely".

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ryanburbridge wrote:
Why not? Then I would have some company! And since I won't be carrying I will be bringing my cheap video camera.

coolusername2007

imported post

ryanburbridge wrote:
As long as he's not a gang member or anything like that.

Palecon

imported post

ryanburbridge wrote:
If I may ask, why is he prohibited.

Palecon

imported post

I have room for three in my car if some want to meet about 5 miles south of meet area. Park and ride share any parking fees. Again free 90 minutes, $2.00 hour after that with $6.00 max

PM me...p

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Please note that the manager of Lucky Baldwin's has contacted me to insure that everyone knows that they have a "No Firearms" policy.

The body of the email follows.
--------------------------------
Hi Mr. Pierce

My name is Travis Ensling and am manager of LuckyBaldwins Pub.

We are always pleased to find we have new beer fans traveling from afar to visit our pub, but your posting online has been brought to our attention and we want to make you aware of a zero weapons policy that we maintain on our premises. As you will find in most establishments that serve alcohol, this type of policy is substantiated.

I do realize that your posting was to only meet in front of our store. We hope that you do respect our rules, staff, and other guests.

I make myself available to you at anytime if you would like to discuss your group and our in-house rules.
--------------------------------

sudden valley gunner

imported post

That's is cool that he remained friendly John. Doesn't seem they are anti just want to make sure our folks here don't get in trouble or inadvertently break their policy and cause an unnecessary scene.

coolusername2007

imported post

Interesting. I wonder who called them, either actively monitoring LEO's, or the fear mongering Brady's.

No problem Lucky Baldwin's, I will gladly take my business elsewhere.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Expect more of this in the future. We know for a fact that LEOs and the Brady Campaign monitor this forum. Of coursethe info gathered here will be usedagainst us.

My bet is that EVERY business we mention as a meetup locationfrom here on out will get at least an e-mail from one or the other (or both).

FYI, I'm 99% sure this is the Brady Camp pressuring businesses. LE have been monitoring this forum since I got hooked up in Turlock and the Sacramento Regional Terrorist Threat Assessment Unit memo was sent out throughout the state. Until the Brady Camp got involved, I can only think of one time the cops ever encouraged a OC ban (and IIRC that was Starbucks and was reversed).

DEFENSOR

imported post

It's too bad that the British cracked the ENIGMA code system during WWII we could use it to communicate the where and whens of it all. Morse code? No that won't work. Navajo code talkers? No that won't work either they could just get a tribal officer. I'll come up with something. HAHAHAHAHA

Defensor Fortis

coolusername2007

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Expect more of this in the future. We know for a fact that LEOs and the Brady Campaign monitor this forum. Of coursethe info gathered here will be usedagainst us.

My bet is that EVERY business we mention as a meetup locationfrom here on out will get at least an e-mail from one or the other (or both).

FYI, I'm 99% sure this is the Brady Camp pressuring businesses. LE have been monitoring this forum since I got hooked up in Turlock and the Sacramento Regional Terrorist Threat Assessment Unit memo was sent out throughout the state. Until the Brady Camp got involved, I can only think of one time the cops ever encouraged a OC ban (and IIRC that was Starbucks and was reversed).

And I'm 98% sure its the LEA's. I would say 100% sure, but since theBrady's have gotten involved I'll leave 2% doubt on the table. So far, at almost all the monthly meetups the place of business (if there was one) has been notified prior to our arrival. This has to be the LEA's since it was before the Brady's starting making noise. Either that or there is some other person in the forum doing it.

demnogis

imported post

It may be time to start screening interested parties and send RSVP messages to confirmed "members" with fewer details released openly until the day of.

coolusername2007 wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:
Expect more of this in the future. We know for a fact that LEOs and the Brady Campaign monitor this forum. Of course the info gathered here will be used against us.

My bet is that EVERY business we mention as a meetup location from here on out will get at least an e-mail from one or the other (or both).

And I'm 98% sure its the LEA's.  I would say 100% sure, but since the Brady's have gotten involved I'll leave 2% doubt on the table.  So far, at almost all the monthly meetups the place of business (if there was one) has been notified prior to our arrival.  This has to be the LEA's since it was before the Brady's starting making noise.  Either that or there is some other person in the forum doing it.

Palecon

imported post

DEFENSOR wrote:
It's too bad that the British cracked the ENIGMA code system during WWII we could use it to communicate the where and whens of it all. Morse code? No that won't work. Navajo code talkers? No that won't work either they could just get a tribal officer. I'll come up with something. HAHAHAHAHA

Defensor Fortis
Can use the book method, eveyone has a copy of same book to publish code from. Use same book to decode. It is time consumming but effective...p