• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

6th Monthly Meetup - SoCal UOC Event

coolusername2007

imported post

Great meetup. I enjoyed meeting you all, breaking bread together, and sharing good conversation. It was nice to see all the new faces.

As others have already stated, no LEO encounters or e-checksdespite their full knowledge of our event today. Thanks for supporting and respectingthe 2nd Amendment and our individual liberties.

FamilyGuy

imported post

I missed it! I got there about 12noon and was walking around looking for you guys...:cry:

I've been lurking for a while now wishing I could be there participating... I've watched all of the YouTube tutorials and all. This morning I saw that you guys were going to be here in LA county!!!!! I live just south of LA. So I headed out there too late. I was standing at Barney's beanery trying to figure out where to go... Camera in hand because no one would beleive me unless I had proof...

So after walking up and down the street I checked this thread agian and realized you guys were meeting at Lucky Baldwins.... :banghead:

So I head out there ASAP and asked if anyone knew about a meeting @ 11am... A gentleman working theretold me that they only met there and went on their way because of their policy, they could not come in. I simply told them (showing my camera in hand) that I just wanted to see it for myself and that I heard about "todays meet". He mentioned that they were notified beforehand that the meeting was going to take place.

I thanked him and went on my way.... I sat in my car for a while bummed out!:cry: Then I decided to just head out to Turners to take a look at their inventory... Figured I could not let a trip to Pasadena go to waste.....

Maybe next time...:cry:

coolusername2007

imported post

FamilyGuy wrote:
I missed it! I got there about 12noon and was walking around looking for you guys...:cry:

I've been lurking for a while now wishing I could be there participating... I've watched all of the YouTube tutorials and all. This morning I saw that you guys were going to be here in LA county!!!!! I live just south of LA. So I headed out there too late. I was standing at Barney's beanery trying to figure out where to go... Camera in hand because no one would beleive me unless I had proof...

So after walking up and down the street I checked this thread agian and realized you guys were meeting at Lucky Baldwins.... :banghead:

So I head out there ASAP and asked if anyone knew about a meeting @ 11am... A gentleman working theretold me that they only met there and went on their way because of their policy, they could not come in. I simply told them (showing my camera in hand) that I just wanted to see it for myself and that I heard about "todays meet". He mentioned that they were notified beforehand that the meeting was going to take place.

I thanked him and went on my way.... I sat in my car for a while bummed out!:cry: Then I decided to just head out to Turners to take a look at their inventory... Figured I could not let a trip to Pasadena go to waste.....

Maybe next time...:cry:

Sorry we missed you FamilyGuy, you just missed us. We rolled out from Lucky Baldwins at about 11:50 or so. Then we were having lunch at the other Barney's just down the way from Barneys Beanery.

I also heard they were talking about us at Turner's with a couple of LEO's.

FamilyGuy

imported post

I did not hear anything.... I figured they might think I'm nuts If I said anything...

I walked into Barney's Beanery but could not find.... Oh well, next time...