• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

6th Monthly Meetup - SoCal UOC Event

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

PaleoCon wrote:
DEFENSOR wrote:
It's too bad that the British cracked the ENIGMA code system during WWII we could use it to communicate the where and whens of it all. Morse code? No that won't work. Navajo code talkers? No that won't work either they could just get a tribal officer. I'll come up with something. HAHAHAHAHA

Defensor Fortis
Can use the book method, eveyone has a copy of same book to publish code from. Use same book to decode. It is time consumming but effective...p

Except we still have the problem of deciding who gets a copy of the "book"...

IMO best solution is not announce venues. Just meet up at location X, then announce on the spot where venue Y will be, and have everybody walk/drive over. Then whoever is doing this will have to actually do some work to call a bunch of nearby businesses, and then it might be 1 e-mail/phone call per business, as most of them won't put in the effort to contact 20 businesses.

peewee612

imported post

Maybe we should announce a general "meeting" place and then from that point head to the location where we are going to UOC. This way, LEO & Brady gang will know meet up location only. As long as we do our homework and find a "safe" meet up location, they will not be able to alert or harass businesses...

Ditto as previous post

coolusername2007

imported post

I will consider the suggestions. However, I think it's important that we arecareful to not drive ourselves underground. Doing so could potentially backfire in a number of ways, one of which would be less interest from the law abiding, pro-gun culture citizen who finds their way to this forum.

Further, I really don't care who knows what, when or where (other than the fact that someone can call ahead and potentially spread fear into an uninformed business/restuarant manager. This is why I try very hard not to pick a specific location for our meetups, but rather open, public areas.

Let us remember that it is rationale discussion that will win the day and advance the movement forward. Those who will attempt to spread fear will only advance so far, whereas those spreading thought provoking, liberty-based, non-emotionally chargedideas and facts will prevail. We have the advantage, more than ever before in recent history The People are awake and ready to listen...once again.

Carry on!

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jpierce wrote:
Please note that the manager of Lucky Baldwin's has contacted me to insure that everyone knows that they have a "No Firearms" policy.

The body of the email follows.
--------------------------------
Hi Mr. Pierce

My name is Travis Ensling and am manager of LuckyBaldwins Pub.

We are always pleased to find we have new beer fans traveling from afar to visit our pub, but your posting online has been brought to our attention and we want to make you aware of a zero weapons policy that we maintain on our premises. As you will find in most establishments that serve alcohol, this type of policy is substantiated.

I do realize that your posting was to only meet in front of our store. We hope that you do respect our rules, staff, and other guests.

I make myself available to you at anytime if you would like to discuss your group and our in-house rules.
--------------------------------
Hello Mr. Ensling,
I would like to thank you for your candor and your position.

Since you have the position you do can I ask if your bar has in place a screening process that will ensure compliance with your policy and provide adequate armed security to prevent any violent attacks against your patrons?

I am strong in my desire to preserve the life of myself and my family and if you don’t have both a process to ensure exclusion of all weapons and or adequate armed security to provide for the safety of myself and my family then I have no desire to patron your establishment whether I be armed or not.

And, just as a note, you may believe you are not unique in your policy, but you are. I am in contact with several establishments in your area that, although concerned with the threat of violence, understand the difference between a violent criminal and a group of law-abiding gun owners that seek the tools to defend themselves.

I am by no means attempting to dissuade your decision, as it is your right, but to clarify your measures to determine if I wish to ever consider doing business with your business.

Theseus

ryanburbridge

imported post

PaleoCon wrote:
ryanburbridge wrote:
Would it be ok to bring a freind who is a prohibited person from owning a firearm? My freind will not be in posestion of any firearm at any time but would like to come along for suport. Would this be a problem? Any links to leagle info?
If I may ask, why is he prohibited.
Sorry not at this time. If he were to give me permission I would. What I will say is laws changed and went retroactive. Seems like one punishment was not enough.
:banghead:

ryanburbridge

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
ryanburbridge wrote:
Would it be ok to bring a freind who is a prohibited person from owning a firearm? My freind will not be in posestion of any firearm at any time but would like to come along for suport. Would this be a problem? Any links to leagle info?
As long as he's not a gang member or anything like that.
He is my Father.

Nopal

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:
Expect more of this in the future. We know for a fact that LEOs and the Brady Campaign monitor this forum. Of coursethe info gathered here will be usedagainst us.

My bet is that EVERY business we mention as a meetup locationfrom here on out will get at least an e-mail from one or the other (or both).

FYI, I'm 99% sure this is the Brady Camp pressuring businesses. LE have been monitoring this forum since I got hooked up in Turlock and the Sacramento Regional Terrorist Threat Assessment Unit memo was sent out throughout the state. Until the Brady Camp got involved, I can only think of one time the cops ever encouraged a OC ban (and IIRC that was Starbucks and was reversed).

And I'm 98% sure its the LEA's. I would say 100% sure, but since theBrady's have gotten involved I'll leave 2% doubt on the table. So far, at almost all the monthly meetups the place of business (if there was one) has been notified prior to our arrival. This has to be the LEA's since it was before the Brady's starting making noise. Either that or there is some other person in the forum doing it.
Yes, it could be them, but even though all of the businesses where we've held our monthy meetings have all served alcohol and have been informed ahead of time, we've never gotten as much as a peep from them regarding a firearms policy. On the contrary, they've beenmore than welcoming of us.

This, however, is new. I suspect this was the result of Brady hysterics. Sending an email ahead of time informing us of their policy is highly atypical, especially since we did not decide to meet inside, but merely to gather there as a point of reference.

This is the first location that has proactively informed us of their "firearms" policy. All of the other establishments we've frequented on the southland don't even have policies as far as wecould tell,and could've cared less about us showing up with guns even though we've asked before actually going.

This has "Brady" written all over it.

DEFENSOR

imported post

:( Sorry to here it, I too have seen that movie and thought it could have had a happier ending. Get well soon and hopefully back in the saddle. BTW what kind of bike do you ride?

Sincerely, Defensor

wewd

imported post

demnogis wrote:
Update: i wont be making it. Currently camping out in a hospital. Got hit on the bike.

You okay, man? Road rash? Worse? Hope you still got all your parts.

coolusername2007

imported post

demnogis wrote:
Update: i wont be making it. Currently camping out in a hospital. Got hit on the bike.

Ouch! Hope you're not banged up too bad. Did the other driver freak out and crash into you at the site of your gun?

Didn't think so. Get well soon!

demnogis

imported post

Hah, no. Just somebody making a left into a driveway and "not seeing" me. When I'm all better I'll setup a meet :)

coolusername2007 wrote:
demnogis wrote:

Ouch!  Hope you're not banged up too bad.  Did the other driver freak out and crash into you at the site of your gun?

Didn't think so.  Get well soon!

coolusername2007

imported post

Bummer. The Weather Channel says 40% chance of rain in the morning. Clearing up between 12pm to 3pm.

Someone do the "stop" rain dance.

I'm still planning on meeting up at our scheduled time. If we have to wait out the rain somewhere that's fine with me.

coolusername2007

imported post

leoffensive wrote:
i wont be making it out due to chewy having work and my being invited out to go shootin and work at my second job tomorrow night.

This meetup is starting to fizzle out before it begins. There have been quite a few pull-outs, some not posted here. Is a postponement in order? Quick head count for those still in...

ETA: Yes, we are still on. I did a quick head count by post and there's about 10 who are in. So I will see everyone there at 11am).

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
leoffensive wrote:
i wont be making it out due to chewy having work and my being invited out to go shootin and work at my second job tomorrow night.
This meetup is starting to fizzle out before it begins. There have been quite a few pull-outs, some not posted here. Is a postponement in order? Quick head count for those still in...
I'm in, but I will be naked.