• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO gave me a ticket...

knight_308

A little update, I wanted everyone to know that I have hired new counsel for my appeal. I will be represented by Drew, better known as, olypendrew. Drew really knows his stuff and I think this choice was in my best interest, thank you Drew from offering your services to me.

Josh

Go get 'em!

TechnoWeenie

You OCed at the state capitol for the assault weapon ban hearing. Dave was really clear about how foolish he thought OCing was at the state capitol. Dave stated no one should be surprized if you are asked to leave or worse. Dave also said it would do more harm than good. All of Dave's advice turned out to exactly wrong then and I think he is wrong now. Knowing your rights and standing up for them is the only way things are going to change.

Deanf hit the nail on the head, thanks Dean.

I believe he was talking about OC'ing long arms.

Other than the few nutballs with crazy signs and portable radios playing crappy music.... I think the rest of the people there were fairly well dressed...

DSCI1867.jpg

Jeff Hayes

I believe he was talking about OC'ing long arms.

Other than the few nutballs with crazy signs and portable radios playing crappy music.... I think the rest of the people there were fairly well dressed...

DSCI1867.jpg

I was there I am standing to your left in the picture.

Here is a link to Dave's post #58 http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ring-on-AWB-legislation&p=1126939#post1126939

Here is Dave's post

Allow me to interject.

This is going to be a particularly important hearing, not a day at the deli or a picnic in the park. While OC is legal in this state, in this particular case, it may not be prudent for the fact that the first, last and perhaps only thing the television cameras may zoom on is your sidearm.

It will be a subliminal message to the viewers (right or wrong) that gun owners were attempting to intimidate members of the committee. It's how we got stuck with RCW 9.41.270, and OC might even be considered a violation inside the building and in a committee hearing. That won't be your call, it will be Sen. Kline's call, and he's NOT your buddy.

That's an argument that you are going to lose, no matter how right you are. Like that or not, it's real world politics. Like it or not, the other side is going to call attention to it, and that's a popularity contest you are going to lose.

If you are going to carry, this is one occasion that it would be prudent to CCW.

Besides, this is not a hearing on OC or CCW...it's a hearing on a proposed AWB.

sudden valley gunner

I don't give a rat's ass if an LEO thinks someone has an attitude. They are our "servants" if they can't do their job and deal with people's crappy attitudes, like everybody else in the private sector does, at their jobs, they shouldn't do their job.

For the record, I didn't have an attitude, I asked for RAS and denied giving my ID, as every law abiding citizen should in every LEO encounter. The Cops got the attitude, yet in Dave's opinion I failed the attitude test in simply standing up for rights, or not bending over and taking like a good sheeple should.

Deleted_User

I don't give a rat's ass if an LEO thinks someone has an attitude. They are our "servants" if they can't do their job and deal with people's crappy attitudes, like everybody else in the private sector does, at their jobs, they shouldn't do their job.

For the record, I didn't have an attitude, I asked for RAS and denied giving my ID, as every law abiding citizen should in every LEO encounter. The Cops got the attitude, yet in Dave's opinion I failed the attitude test in simply standing up for rights, or not bending over and taking like a good sheeple should.

+1

kenshin

A little update, I wanted everyone to know that I have hired new counsel for my appeal. I will be represented by Drew, better known as, olypendrew. Drew really knows his stuff and I think this choice was in my best interest, thank you Drew from offering your services to me.

Josh

Drew's a great guy, he really knows his stuff. He's also helping me out with my issues with the Pierce County Sheriff's out here on the peninsula.

Cryonis

Can we donate?

Is there somewhere we can send a donation to? This fight is important. Is it possible to perhaps send it to Drew's office directly?

sudden valley gunner

He's also helping me with my situation in Bellingham.

I love the fact that he is a straight shooter (figure of speech), constitutionalist, who loves liberty.

I also like the fact that he explains the lawyer/prosecutor side and they way they think to me.

w07rolla

Yes you bet, if I had to do it again, I would do it different. I know that if I did as he requested I would not be dealing with this, I know, but I did. I have learned a valuable lesson, However I don't regret my decision, if it were not for that decision I wouldnt have this experience.

No worries, no war has been started :)

Josh

FMCDH

Please let us know how to contribute to your new defense fund once you have it worked out.

Of all the things we need "organization" for in this state, is a common defense foundation for cases such as yours. Until then, I will keep sending my check where needed.

FMCDH

Appeals take time. Remember, the Appellate Judges are "Older" and probably do everything slower than most.

I'm actually looking for the information I asked for 2 posts up from that one, not on the status of the appeal itself.

But thanks for playing. ;-P