• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Being hassled by Milwaukee PD right now

Flamethrower

The only things the people in THIS forum know is what you post. So far, you seem to be acting as nothing more than someone who will come bolster up the weak-sauce I_K brought to this forum.

The timing of this thread, the timing of the AR15.com thread, your comments there, and your appearance and comments here are very interesting.

It looks to me like I_K successfully riled you up enough to come over here. That's what people here are seeing. Is that really what you want to be? So far, that's what you are.

I have a differing opinion. That is all. --Moderator deleted personal attack-- So who are the level headed ones here? Believing that someone is completely without fault simply because you know them is just stupid. She may be the best nicest person in the world, and know the law well. To my knowledge she is not a lawyer, right? So does she really know it all?

In the end I think many here are misguided in their logic. Enjoy your conversation, after all you guys all seem to have the facts because you were all there right? In the end if you don't like what I have to say then put me on ignore.

Handyhamlet, no crying and not a troll. please enjoy your wild unfounded and quite honestly rediculous remarks.

E6chevron

MKEgal has her freedom back!

I just dropped MKEgal off at her home, and she is glad to be there.

She's in good spirits, but is missing her car and laptop. They are being held in car jail, which does not open until Monday morning. I visited her this morning, and she said she did not like this hotel, so we got her out of there!

The exact charges are still fluid, it appears.

She will provide more details as she wishes, but she does not feel she was doing anything illegal, and our justice system, should eventually be satisfied with that.

She asked me to express her appreciation for the support she has gotten, and looks forward to getting back her property that was in the car with her.

I've got to signoff now myself, before I'm late for my own birthday party.

A homecoming present that she would enjoy, would be a truce on the second-guessing, and flames.

Thanks, especially to those who offered to put their money behind their words.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Welcome home!

I just dropped MKEgal off at her home, and she is glad to be there.

She's in good spirits, but is missing her car and laptop. They are being held in car jail, which does not open until Monday morning. I visited her this morning, and she said she did not like this hotel, so we got her out of there!

The exact charges are still fluid, it appears.

She will provide more details as she wishes, but she does not feel she was doing anything illegal, and our justice system, should eventually be satisfied with that.

She asked me to express her appreciation for the support she has gotten, and looks forward to getting back her property that was in the car with her.

I've got to signoff now myself, before I'm late for my own birthday party.

A homecoming present that she would enjoy, would be a truce on the second-guessing, and flames.

Thanks, especially to those who offered to put their money behind their words.
Thanks to you, E6chevron, for being there for her for those of us who could not. Ditto on the second-guessing and flames.... We're sure glad she didn't have to wait 'till Monday for checkout from the graybar hotel. Is she under any restrictions? I hope she got her license today; that would mean she was an approved concealed carrier when they hassled her. :cool:

TyGuy

I will donate some $$$. As a fib I live too far away for much else.

MKEgal

New email set up & linked to my PayPal account:
mkegal DOT legal AT yahoo DOT com [changed to reduce automated spam]

ANY help is appreciated.
Seriously.
Some people have already told me they can't give money because of their financial situation, & (being there myself) I completely understand.
So give me a hug when you see me.
Don't let nasty comments go unchallenged.
Those actions are free.

There have been people (OC/2A) across the country in need now & then, & usually I could only send $5, but a lot of $5 adds up to getting my car out of the tow lot. (Or rather, paying Dave back for loaning me the money to get the car out of the impound lot.)

I am completely overwhelmed by not only the situation, but the number of people offering to help in various ways. Thank you all.
Knowing that I'd been on the phone w/ Paul & telling him what was happening (until they forced me to hang up) gave me hope that "enough" friends would get the word & somehow get me free... and it worked. (Also got word to my lawyer.)

More as I'm able.

Last edited:

oak1971

ummmm...that was a REALLY ignorant statement !!!! We all wrote, called, emailed, visited our law makers some of us starting about 10 years ago, like myself.... to get this passed , 1000's of us.....no one person on this forum or any other forum was the sole reason we have CCW right now. She is an activist, like MOST of us..we all got this done..MKEGirl is not a God, folk hero or anything else...

Proving once again that you can't or don't read posts before typing. I said "her and those like her". That statement is in the plural form. For Glock, that means more than one person.

E6chevron

Thanks to you, E6chevron, for being there for her for those of us who could not. Ditto on the second-guessing and flames.... We're sure glad she didn't have to wait 'till Monday for checkout from the graybar hotel. Is she under any restrictions? I hope she got her license today; that would mean she was an approved concealed carrier when they hassled her. :cool:

It was my honor!

When a friendly is cutoff and in a firefight, the closest unit with capability, moves out. Even if it's an old sergeant, with an officer's sidearm. (cut me some slack, please, Colt 1911 lovers)

MKEgal

Thanks to Paul for getting word out,
my ex-BF Karl for getting word out late Fri. afternoon,
Dave for coming to the jail & giving me a ride home,
Jim for understanding why I couldn't be at classes & giving me a safe place to fall apart Sat. evening (yes, for me that counts as 'falling apart'),
Jim's friends for feeding me dinner after class Sat. night (hadn't really eaten since about 20:00 on Thurs.),
and everyone who's offered & given support (including however many of you lit up the switchboards at the PD station & jail). :)

I agree, I'm not a folk hero, or any other kind of hero.
I'm just a gal wanting to provide for her own safety, peacefully exercise her rights, & be left alone.

Not sure how much I can or should put in print, but...
The 2 tickets (ordinance violations) should disappear quickly:
it's not loitering when the owner of the business says you're welcome to be there (have it in writing, & not just the JS article),
& the WI Supreme Court has said that not giving your name is not grounds for an obstruction charge:
No law allows officers to arrest for obstruction on a person’s refusal to give his or her name.
Henes v. Morrissey, 194 Wis. 2d 339, 533 N.W.2d 802 (1995).

As some of you have pointed out, many of us know more about gun-related laws than many LEO in WI.
To the best of my knowledge & ability, I was following current Wisconsin law Thurs. evening / early Fri. morning w/r/t OC in a vehicle.
I know exactly where the confusion (I'll be kind) occurred; will discuss that w/ my attorney.

Herr Heckler Koch said:
MKEgal's 'ride' is being made as long and as unpleasant as possible.
As more & more things happened Fri. & Sat., all not to my benefit, the saying kept coming to mind:
Once is bad luck, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.

apierce918 said:
what do they feed you on the weekends in jail?
Lunch Fri. (@ the PD) was a McD burger, fries, & water. Was so nauseated I had one bite of burger & a couple fries, puked in interrogation later.
"Dinner" Friday (@ the jail) was 2 pieces of bologna, 4 pieces of white bread, & water from the drinking fountain. Had a piece of bread.
"Breakfast" Saturday was some potato-based dish, grits, a piece of blueberry coffee cake, & an 8oz carton of milk. Had what would amount to 1 good bite of the coffee cake & half the milk. The potatos & grits were inedible.
They came to get me to throw me out as I was standing in line for lunch.

Very very very glad that I can take my prescription meds (denied me while in custody) so I no longer feel nauseated & try to faint several times an hour. (Effects of stopping them abruptly.)

davegran said:
Is she under any restrictions?
Nope.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Please someone closer to this than I, set up a separate thread (link it here) for donations - hot link to PayPal and a postal address for direct mail - perhaps her lawyer's. It should be pointed out that such funds are to be used at the discretion of MKEgal to help offset any legal expenses as well as direct and non-direct costs during this trying time.

Thank you MKEgal for being who you are - stay the course.

Interceptor_Knight

As some of you have pointed out, many of us know more about gun-related laws than many LEO in WI.
To the best of my knowledge & ability, I was following current Wisconsin law Thurs. evening / early Fri. morning w/r/t OC in a vehicle.
I know exactly where the confusion (I'll be kind) occurred; will discuss that w/ my attorney.

Are you able to divulge in what manner you were carrying in the vehicle? Was it on your hip?
I am glad your weekend ordeal is over and hope that everything gets resolved quickly for you.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

So, your expensive and crack legal team on retainer can't even be bothered to read the first two posts of the thread?

Looks like money well spent to me.

:p

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

So, your expensive and crack legal team on retainer can't even be bothered to read the first two posts of the thread?

Looks like money well spent to me.

Cite Please...
All I see is "OC in the car". This does not illustrate manner of carry. If this automatically means "On the hip" then there should be no issue with replying to my post indicating such.

Last edited:

jpm84092

I am honored to have been able to be of assistance.

Thanks to Paul for getting word out,
my ex-BF Karl for getting word out late Fri. afternoon,
Dave for coming to the jail & giving me a ride home,
Jim for understanding why I couldn't be at classes & giving me a safe place to fall apart Sat. evening (yes, for me that counts as 'falling apart'),
Jim's friends for feeding me dinner after class Sat. night (hadn't really eaten since about 20:00 on Thurs.),

MKEgal, it was my pleasure and honor to be able to be of such inconsequential help in your time of need. I am deeply honored that with all your local friends, and the many offers of help they made, you turned to the Yellow Cat after Dave helped you get home. (Thanks Dave - from the Yellow Cat). There will be other times and other classes. I sincerely look forward to working with you again.

Jim (the Yellow Cat with the M-4)
Yellow Cat Personal Defense