• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Being hassled by Milwaukee PD right now

glockluva

just got wind of this via another oc forum, the good news is that your false arrest is spreading across the oc boards and i will definitely be contributing to help fight this bullsh*t...

smh, this is what we pay taxes for?

oak1971

Hang in there Krysta! I heard you on Vickie's show today, she will help keep the spotlight on the thuggery which occurred.

SourKraut

She was not on a public roadway. You fail...again.

I was thinking the same thing.

Kind of off topic, but at what point do LEO have an excuse to enter private property without a warrant? In this case if the bussiness owner had been present could he/she have asked the LEO to leave the property? Thanks- s.K.

protias

I was thinking the same thing.

Kind of off topic, but at what point do LEO have an excuse to enter private property without a warrant? In this case if the bussiness owner had been present could he/she have asked the LEO to leave the property? Thanks- s.K.

Since this was ~1AM, I'm sure the owner was sleeping in his bed.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
New email set up & linked to my PayPal account:

mkegal.legal@yahoo.com

Some people have already told me they can't give money because of their financial situation, & (being there myself) I completely understand.

[hugs] even though I don't know you and will never meet you.

It's all I got. I gave what little I could to Skid's situation, and since then... My life savings jingles.

I'm sure Skid will ante-up. He knows it too well...

Lurchiron

So, if I'm 15 and sitting in a car and don't have my driver's license yet, I have to provide one? BS. WI Supreme court is evidently filled with morons.

If your 15 and sitting in a car with a loaded handgun; you've got more problems than worrying about producing an I.D. :uhoh:

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

Kind of off topic, but at what point do LEO have an excuse to enter private property without a warrant? In this case if the bussiness owner had been present could he/she have asked the LEO to leave the property? .
If the business owner were present and properly identified themselves as such there would be no reason to suspect loitering.

In the absence of the owner, they may have RAS to enter the property to investigate loitering late at night when the business is closed.

106-31. Loitering or Prowling. The activities of
loitering or prowling set forth in subs. 1 to 9 are
unlawful within the limits of the city.
1. LOITERING. Loiters or prowls in a
place, at a time, or in a manner not usual for lawabiding individuals under circumstances that
warrant alarm for the safety of persons or property
in the vicinity. Among the circumstances which
may be considered in determining whether such
alarm is warranted is the fact that the actor takes
flight upon appearance of a peace officer, refuses
to identify himself or manifestly endeavors to
conceal himself or any object

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

I could not agree more Oak.
Once again, members should learn to read before adding a comment...

IK...

Business parking lots are premises held out to the public for use of their motor vehicles and not the same as you sitting in your driveway or even on your own private property. If this argument is raised it will be up to the courts to decide.
In the big picture this may not be relevent when investigating suspected loitering which may be more relevent to demanding that a person identify themselves.

MKEgal

SourKraut said:
...at what point do LEO have an excuse to enter private property without a warrant?
Depends on how "enter" they go.
Into someone's house, they'd better have a very very good reason that they can explain to the judge.
Onto the parking lot of a business, probably don't need much reason at all.

And I'm not disputing that they were reasonable in stopping & asking me what I was doing.
But once I'd answered the question & provided them with the means to verify what I'd told them (about the owner's permission) I think it should have ended there (once they did actually verify I was telling the truth).

So:
The first 15min, reasonable.
The next 34h 45m, not reasonable.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Depends on how "enter" they go.
Into someone's house, they'd better have a very very good reason that they can explain to the judge.
Onto the parking lot of a business, probably don't need much reason at all.

And I'm not disputing that they were reasonable in stopping & asking me what I was doing.
But once I'd answered the question & provided them with the means to verify what I'd told them (about the owner's permission) I think it should have ended there (once they did actually verify I was telling the truth).

So:
The first 15min, reasonable.
The next 34h 45m, not reasonable.

Rational, organized thought and actions...

Isn't there a forum rule against that?

M

McX

i saw something on the book of Face that MKE is being interviewed on the Vicki McKenna show today.