• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need a head count on who wants free pulled pork and other tasty stuff

Old Virginia Joe

things to do. . . ..

We're bringing our horseshoe set. My oldest boy is pretty good.

Some pig pickin's are just that, it gets done, and you pick off what you want.

Others, the pig gets done, and it disappears to somewhere where they chop it all up, throw away the 'good' parts, and bring it back out. Sounds like this event is the old time kind, style number one? (yayyy!--my favorite!)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We're bringing our horseshoe set. My oldest boy is pretty good.

Some pig pickin's are just that, it gets done, and you pick off what you want.

Others, the pig gets done, and it disappears to somewhere where they chop it all up, throw away the 'good' parts, and bring it back out. Sounds like this event is the old time kind, style number one? (yayyy!--my favorite!)
Haven't heard that phrase, pig pickin', in a while. It designates a finer appreciation of BBQ done the right way :)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
This is not BBQ. It's a pig pickin'. Leastways that's what the contract with the folks who have "pig pickin'" in their name says it is.

Anything not **** Sapiens must remain on a leash unless in the off-leash dog park which is just the other side of the road.

Just remember that the tail, ears and snout are already reserved, so all y'all back away from them before you even get started.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This is not BBQ. It's a pig pickin'. Leastways that's what the contract with the folks who have "pig pickin'" in their name says it is.

Anything not **** Sapiens must remain on a leash unless in the off-leash dog park which is just the other side of the road.

Just remember that the tail, ears and snout are already reserved, so all y'all back away from them before you even get started.

stay safe.

Depending on what they put on the rest, I reserve the squeal.:uhoh:

FBrinson

Wish I could go

Too bad I cant attend. I have to work in the morning and my nephew up and decided to turn 4 and feels the need to have cake. Kids..

ClumsyCandy

Looks like you've gotta slide us closer to the No side. Looks like I'm going to be out late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Will come if I get rest. Sorry to miss you guys!

BlueSquid

Looking forward to getting out and meeting everyone. My BBQ gun surely isn't as pretty as most, but it is something I've never personally seen someone else carrying, nor even admit to owning, outside of forums specifically for it haha.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Looking forward to getting out and meeting everyone. My BBQ gun surely isn't as pretty as most, but it is something I've never personally seen someone else carrying, nor even admit to owning, outside of forums specifically for it haha.

If it goes bang on target when you want it to and you carry it, that makes it special - wear it proudly :)

Jamesm760

I will start heading out at 8AM, will be there around 12:30ish. See you guys there! I don't have a "BBQ gun" yet so my glock will do.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

I have been wishing to come, but
as I am retired my schedule is very hard to predict.
I never know when I will wake up,,, if at all...
Also, it is quite a drive from the west side of,,, the,,, country...

Please put me down as 1 wishful, +1 possible wishful

p.s. It is Very Nice of you to put on this feast!!
I hope ALL your friends,, old ones and new ones too, show up..

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
pig's been on since 6:30 and starting to get aromatic. i'm off for a nap till lunchtime. wake me up if you get here

stay safe

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

You and thousands more like you will be on our mind today. Skid is giving thanks to all who stood firmly behind him when the pressure was on and the days were long. Conversly, we are thanking Skid for standing so tall.

Let the good times roll!

ak56

Campaign Veteran

We can carpool. I can leave about noon.:)