• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ALERT: MI Sheriff's training on how to arrest OCers.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

What's with the picking on HankT anyway. The guy has posted nearly 200 threads for discussion. Just because he points out what HE SEES as flawed logic here and there, or disagrees with popular opinion, or brags about some postulate that I haven't even been able to find, big deal. This all appears to be a solid contribution logical reasoning to me. Am I missing something?

Michigander

imported post

Venator wrote:
The point is what strategy is being proposed against OCers at the training and how can we counter it.
State law is the counter strategy against all anti OC efforts by rogue police. It's all you need.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Okay got an update, the talk is at 4:00 today. Some confusion on the topic. It may be about how departments and officers can defend themselves from an unlawful arrest suit for detaining and arresting an OCer. But this still isn't clear.

I hope to have more info after 5:00 PM.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Venator wrote:
Okay got an update, the talk is at 4:00 today. Some confusion on the topic. It may be about how departments and officers can defend themselves from an unlawful arrest suit for detaining and arresting an OCer. But this still isn't clear.

I hope to have more info after 5:00 PM.
My hope is that they learn what we have recommended in how to treat law abiding OCer's, without breaking the law themselves and threatening the lives of the citizens who they work for!

hopnpop

imported post

Venator wrote:
...But first lets see what they have to say in this regard.
Here, here... Let's see just what we're gonna have to bitch about before we start bitching, shall we? Granted, I sure as hell don't like what I think this is, but let's see...

PT111

imported post

hopnpop wrote:
Venator wrote:
...But first lets see what they have to say in this regard.
Here, here... Let's see just what we're gonna have to bitch about before we start bitching, shall we? Granted, I sure as hell don't like what I think this is, but let's see...
Next you will be advising people to remove their tinfoil hats. Knowing what we are bitching about before bitching just does not sit well with OCDO or at least with the most vocal posters on here and the reasoning given when proven wong would make a street dealerwho had just dropped a dime bag on a narc blush.

manicdevery

imported post

Really glad to be in on this topic. awaiting further information to express an opinion but i love all the feedback from these forums. seems we all have the same long term goals with different views which i feel would make it hard for us OCers to let something fall through the cracks, or so i hope, and willdo my best to contribute any information i feel might beuseful.

hope to see video or a briefing of this conference

SpringerXDacp

imported post

manicdevery wrote:
Really glad to be in on this topic. awaiting further information to express an opinion but i love all the feedback from these forums. seems we all have the same long term goals with different views which i feel would make it hard for us OCers to let something fall through the cracks, or so i hope, and willdo my best to contribute any information i feel might beuseful.

hope to see video or a briefing of this conference

Welcome to OCDO Manicdevery.

Yes, we're allheading to the same town, but some of us will chooseto takedifferent roads to get there.

WARCHILD

imported post

we're allheading to the same town, but some of us will chooseto takedifferent roads to get there.

Except for me.... I like going through the bush to get where I'm going...:celebrate

ghostrider

imported post

I'd like to hear what's being taught at that seminar.

Without that info, there really isn't much to say about it.

I will also add that in most of the encounters that have given people trouble, I think adhering strictly to WWR would benifit the parties.

rj3663

imported post

If we ever really put a OC orientation together here in Fowlerville I have an assistant prosicuting atty that is OC friendly that is eager to attend and likely share an opinion with us. As for skanky hanky...I believe it's really one of my exwives. They have all been really good at stirring up the poop pot and watching the stinky stuff fly.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Okay, Like many things in life communication is key. This was very distorted and was as I feared the exact opposite of what was reported. So I'm sorry for that.

The talk was basically the MLL slide Show given to the Chief of Police conference telling LEOs that OC is legal and get used to it. In fact Michigan Open Carry and my name was brought up during the class. I was told that the reference to us was positive.

One comment by a sheriff was I can't wait until they try that in Detroit. My contact stated that MOC has already had people OC in Detroit so don't worry.

Below is the slide show that this talk was based on. The two attorneys that are listed on this show are the same ones to gave the Sheriff's talk.

So again In trying to be proactive I was wrong and I apologise. But the good think is that the Sheriff's are now aware of OC and what they can and can not do.

mikestilly

imported post

This is awesome! Hey I'd rather see a positive then a negative any day. This is great now they need to force all LEO's in Michigan to train to understand open Carry!

PDinDetroit

imported post

Venator - thanks for posting the information and raising awareness. I reviewed the presentation - I was glad to see them have accurate information, but they portrayed us as Cowboys/Cowgirls and stated the OC is not using Good Judgment. I guess we still have some work to do!

qqq1

imported post

I went through the power point. A lot of good stuff in there. I did notice however in a couple spots it still spoke of people OCing as "going against society" or something like that, and needing to be dealt with. I think normal people should treat officers OCing the same as they generally treat us. Tactically position your friend to the side behind some cover, slowly approach the officer from behind, identify yourself and make your questions of him carrying a firearm clear. That's what it said they should do. I know, that would be crazy to do, I'm just making a point. I don't care if they've gone through police training, they're just people out walking around with guns on their hips. If OC is so bad, they should have their guns concealed at all times.