• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti - Gun . . . ' Aims at Health Care Plan '

Batousaii

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Oh and I can't wait to hear you say, "spanking isn't violence." It's not? Do you hit your wife when she does something wrong? It's not violence. Go ahead and do it. Call her a "lamebrain" if she reports you to the police.
:cool:When my lil Japanese wife is naughty, i spank her, does that make me bad ?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Batousaii wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Oh and I can't wait to hear you say, "spanking isn't violence." It's not? Do you hit your wife when she does something wrong? It's not violence. Go ahead and do it. Call her a "lamebrain" if she reports you to the police.
:cool:When my lil Japanese wife is naughty, i spank her, does that make me bad ?
:lol: I'm surprised that didn't come up 3 pages ago.

Deanimator

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
:lol: I'm surprised that didn't come up 3 pages ago.
If you can make your kid stand in the corner for talking back to you, why can't you do that with your wife?

How was that islamist conference at the Conrad Hilton? Meet any babes?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

strawman.JPG

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Is that actually a picture of you standing next to your best pal up there AWDstylez? Because you are just as big as a strawman as anyone else. You argue for the sake of arguing alone. You seem to subscribe to the opinion that as long as you prove your oponents argument wong, your argument is right.Even if someone elses argument may be right you seem to think that if you are the first one to cry "Strawman" you win by default.:quirky

AWDstylez wrote:
It's pretty common sense, in addition to proven fact, that violence breeds violence.
I'm going to take this opportunity to argue this like you would: Prove it! Where are your "facts"? Do you think we should all let you off because you stuck "common sense" in front of your "proven fact".
Positive reinforcement when a child does good is what's needed to promote good behavior.
I agree with this.
Punishment is highly ineffective.
B.S. Prove it! If you weren't spanked as a child I can see that NOT using punishment is highly ineffective.
The idea is to focus on and increase good behavior, which, in itself, will stiffle out the bad. When and if the bad behavior needs to be addressed, eliminating something the child likes is sufficient (no tv, no outside, no friends,no desert, etc)and carries none of the side effects of punishment. Violence is never the answer with children.
Not when the bad behavior has a better reward than the good behavior. Risk Vs. Reward; is what the child is thinking about. There doesn't alwaysneed to be "violence", just the threat. I might have been actually spanked 5 or 6 times as a child but I always remembered it. Whats to stop a child from not going to sit in a corner when you tell them. What's to stop a child from watching TV anyway. What's to stop a child from doing etc.... I'll tell you what, it's the threat of getting his butt warmed up a few degrees.
Spanking a child is like kicking your dog because he doesn't roll over when you say, "roll over." It's a hell of a lot more effective to reward the dog when he DOES roll over, instead of beating the @#$% out of him when he DOESN'T roll over.

http://allpsych.com/psychology101/reinforcement.html

What's this? A strawman from the king of finger pointing?

Kicking your dog and hitting your wife haveNOTHING to do with spanking strawman boy. It's not even close. Is spanking a form of violence? NOT if you do it right. I was spanked, but I never had bruises on my behind and it never hurt more than a hard slap on the back from one of my pals. The reason it's effective is because it's embarrassing. Is it a negative experience? You bet, but the very few negative experiences tempered with lots of good positive reinforcement are very effective.

Picture this, your two year old goes to stick his finger in an electrical outlet. Now, do you sit down and reason with the child, tell homhow that's a bad idea and at some point may keep him from getting desert? How is that going to work? It's not. Curiosity will get the best of them every time. You spank him. He'll gingerly walk by that light socket from now on.

I have a dog and I trained him with positive reinforcement but he'sgotten negative reinforcement for two things: Running out into the street and not stopping when I say "whoa". If you use a very small amount of negative reinforcement it makes the positive reinforcement seem that much better. Risk Vs. Reward. Dogs use negative reinforcement on each other all the time. Usually in the form of a nip or grabbing the scruff of the neck. I use the scruff of the neck method with my dog. He respects me, listens to me, and comes when called. The same thing I expect a kid to do.

Deanimator

imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
Kicking your dog and hitting your wife haveNOTHING to do with spanking strawman boy. It's not even close. Is spanking a form of violence? NOT if you do it right.
His "argument" fails on at least two levels.

First of all, an ADULT woman is in the eyes of the law, an autonomous individual with the right to make her own decisions. Your wife doesn't have to do what you want. If you don't like that, you have the right to cause her to no longer be your wife. On the other hand, a child has no or limited autonomy. Your minor child CAN'T do what it wants, sign contracts, vote, travel freely regardless of your wishes, etc. Equating ADULT women and children buys into truly evil philosophies in two ways. Islamists like the Taliban and Al Qaeda consider women the moral equals of children, incapable of real autonomy and needing men to guide and "protect" them. Pedophile organizations such as NAMBLA try to assert that minor children have the same ability to reason and consent as adults. This assertion is merely subterfuge to justify the IMPOSITION of adult sexuality on helpless children. Women, as a generic class of actors, are presumed by the law to be autonomous beings with the ability to rationally formulate decisions and be accountable for their own welfare and actions. Children are NOT. That's why YOU may be prosecuted for neglect if you allow your children to act as they choose with no supervision.

Secondly, spanking IS violence. And sometimes violence is necessary. I once called the police on my upstairs neighbor for repeatedly beating his wife/girlfriend. The last time, I called them because he'd climbed out onto the ledge of his 6th floor apartment and was apparently threatening to jump because the police and I had the temerity to object to his trying to beat the woman's brains out. When the police arrived, he refused to come back inside. They VIOLENTLY pulled him back off the ledge, FAR more violently than any normal person would spank a child for playing with matches. A rational judgement was made that the violence of subduing him was preferable to his taking a header off of the 6th floor, just as a rational judgement may be made that it's better to spank a child than to have the child burn down his home, killing himself and others.

This is just one more example of Style-less's attempts to draw everyone else into his fantasy world.

Batousaii

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
R a Z o R wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
As usual, Razor's useless posts completely misrepresent the article. Nowhere did the article blames guns as the cause of crime, it was merely addressinggun violence. It never even suggested removingguns as a solution. In fact, it actually spoke to the root causes of the violence problem, instead of pointing fingers at theguns themselves, as most media would.

The Blame Game by AWDstylez

1.] Drug Violence

2.] Amoral Violence

3.]Lack of Intelligence Violence

4.] No Father in the Home Violence

5.] Power , Sex ,or Money Violence

6.] Hate ,Fear ,or Anger Violence

7.] Ignorance ,Apathy ,or Bigotry Violence

HELL NO . . . . . HELL NO

It has to be . . . GUN VIOLENCE

You're a complete waste of air.
AWDstyles, the truth is this ....
...RaZoR is a dick ... I am a dick too ..... and i think most of pro-gunners are dicks. We're all dicks here! We're reckless, arrogant,assertive dicks. And theAnti-Gunersare pussies. AndThecriminals are A-Holes. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies getscrewed by dicks. But dicks alsoscrew a-holes: A-Holes that just want tocrap on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with a-holes their way. But the only thing that canscrew an a-hole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: theylike to screwtoo much orsometime screwwhen it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full ofcrap that they becomea-holes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from a-holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let usscrew these a-holes, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in crap!

...... So Dont pick on RaZoR, he is doing his part for what he believes in, and he's not being rude.

-- Some wisdom i heard someplace, hmmmm.....

:celebrate
Bat.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Brass Magnet wrote:
Is spanking a form of violence? NOT if you do it right.

LOLOLOL

Now we're down to a semantics argument to attempt to redefine "violence." :lol::lol::lol:

One more time you ignore the whole argument and pick and choose one thing to go after. Typical StrawTroll tactics. You do exactly the same thing that you accuse others of doing.

There are about 20 definitions of violence. Which one do you choose? I'll tell you; you are going to choose the one that best fits your argument. Well, I can do the same thing.
violent - acting with or marked by or resulting from great force or energy or emotional intensity; "a violent attack"; "a violent person"; "violent feelings ... violent - fierce: marked by extreme intensity of emotions or convictions; inclined to react violently; fervid; "fierce loyalty"; "in a tearing rage"; "vehement dislike"; "violent passions"
Heck, I picked two. Neither of them would define spanking.

In any case, I fail to find one single definition that supports your argument unquestionably. You would need toredefine violenceand say that violence =any unwanted touching. Then you are guilty of violence just by grabbing your childs arm to take him to his room.

The Wiki says:
The word violence covers a broad spectrum. It can vary from between a physical altercation between two beings where a slight injury may be the outcome to war and genocide where millions may die as a result.
Are you even inflicting slight injury with a spanking?

Injury or bodily injury is damage or harm caused to the structure or function of the body caused by an outside agent or force

Since you aren't causing damage, are you are causing harm?For the time being, let's give you that. So with the loosest definition of "violence" you are harming. You are harming a child by not giving him his desert too, or not letting him watch TV.

So, this goes full circle and says that it is violent to deny your kid some ice cream if we use AWDstylez version of the word.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Good ole' Webster...
1 a: exertion of physical force so as to injure or abuse

LOL @ hitting someone with the purpose of causing them painbeing "unwanted touching." LOLOLOLOLOL

Troll

Strawman

If you spank your children to injure them or abuse them you ARE being violent.

INTENT

LOLOLOLOL @ intent

My intent in kicking you in the face was to clean my shoe. I guess that means it wasn't a violent act.

Justification is the word you're looking for. Irrational people can justify anything to themselves.

thx997303

imported post

Hah, this thread is funny.

Styles, you are acting like a child.

Strawman
Strawman
Strawman

I guess everything contrary to your position is a strawman.

I believe that you styles are a strawman.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
LOLOLOLOL @ intent

My intent in kicking you in the face was to clean my shoe. I guess that means it wasn't a violent act.

Justification is the word you're looking for. Irrational people can justify anything to themselves.

Hey look everyone! Another Strawman from the strawman king himself!

Might as well lock this thread and every other thread AWDstylez posts in. He can start his own forum and argue with himself.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Hah, this thread is funny.

Styles, you are acting like a child.

Strawman
Strawman
Strawman

I guess everything contrary to your position is a strawman.

I believe that you styles are a strawman.

No, I'm just calling it how it is. It isn't my problem that these people have the reading comprehension skills of a kindergartener and the debate skills of a rock.

You think I'm the one that's wrong? Do me the favor I asked I ask awhile ago and show me here I said that violence is NEVER the answer.