• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone else anticipate riots?

Shoobee

Florida did not trigger any rioting.

Florida was not even significant.

Neither was Ohio.

Obama swept all the other swing states, beyond his wildest dreams, and with the West Coast, the death knell was dealt to Mitt around 9 pm about an hour after the polls all closed on the West Coast.

Obama did not even need Ohio or Florida.

Last edited:

xmanhockey7

I don't see riots but I do see potential gun control laws in the next 4 years especially if the house is taken over by democrats. Although I do think the GOP needs to change if they ever want to win another election.

Raggs

i don't think you're paranoid.

But, i'm a little worried about your weapons-focused preparations. No evacuation route planned? No water? No plans for building fire?

I'm thinking a weapon, while essential, is kinda low on the list compared to food, water, evacuation, a place to stay if you evacuate, people to contact, that sort of thing. Its great to have a weapon, but it almost sounds like fighting is all you've planned for. I would focus more on figuring how to avoid needing the weapon and the things that are going to be important regardless of whether it is needed. for instance, you didn't even mention toilet paper. :)

yes!!!

BoiledFrogs

I completely understand your concern. Could you please explain how this would happen without the Liberals having control of the House of Representatives where a Bill must be approved first by the House which is still controlled by Republicans???

[video=youtube;H-eYBZFEzf8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-eYBZFEzf8[/video]

Obama doesn't care at all about the constitution, nor how things are supposed to be done. He seems to enjoy looking for ways around it. Executive order perhaps? Who knows what he will do now.

BoiledFrogs

Hmmm. That soon, eh?

You see, even a liberally inclined court is going to feel the pressure of stare decisis (faith to precedents).

The only way Heller and McDonald will be overturned immediately is if the court abandons stare decisis. If that happens, we're all in a lot more trouble than just losing Heller and McDonald. Think about it for a minute. Think about what that would mean politically. Think about the political instability that would unleash, as the rule of law starts to collapse, as politicians large and small realized they were even less bound by the law and could do what they wanted, or try. This breakdown in people observing the legal boundaries is precisely what collapsed the Roman Republic and made it possible for Julius Caesar to come to power, ushering in ten years of civil wars and the tyranny of the emporers when Octavian defeated his last rival.

Yep, if Heller and McDonald are in grave danger, we're all in a lot more trouble than losing those two decisions.

That doesn't seem so far fetched as it once did.

griffin

What's more, without 60 votes the Senate is useless to the Democrats...

That is incorrect. They can do plenty with 50 votes, especially since Biden is a tie-breaker. Remember Gore throwing the tie-break vote on the 94 AWB? A number of Republicans voted FOR the AWB, including Kasich of Ohio.

Fortunately we have a strong control of the House.

G22

I completely understand your concern. Could you please explain how this would happen without the Liberals having control of the House of Representatives where a Bill must be approved first by the House which is still controlled by Republicans???

May I suggest you and others watch this informative video that I watched as a child. No need to take a Political Science class to figure this stuff out. :p

The explanation you seek is simple. How many Richardville's are there. Plenty here in Michigan who LIED about their support for 2A, just to get elected. What would make you think they're are none at the federal level?

One of my favorite all time videos by the way! ;)

Last edited:

DocWalker

I dont expect anyone to riot over Florida although I could be wrong.

The rest of the nation is fairly clean.

The visual of thousands of roudy senior citizens waving canes, walkers, and running people down with their rascals jumped into my head when you mentioned Florida rioting.......made me smile thanks.

davidmcbeth

Banned
We know riots are comming

Does not matter if Obamalama won or lost ... we must cut back our spending, and in January will be guillotine ... automatic cutbacks.

We are in the same position as Greece except that countries are still willing to buy our bonds but this can and will change very quickly.

People who voted for either candidate will be upset. Obamalama voters because he will be in power when the *it* hits the fan and watching all their government cheese vanish, and voters who voted against him for different reasons.

The solution, and only solution, would be another war. I would not recommend any 18yr old to join the military for a while.

DocWalker

May I suggest you and others watch this informative video that I watched as a child. No need to take a Political Science class to figure this stuff out. :p

Funny I remember the video but they failed to update it with things such as the "lousiana purchase" and other bribe and kickbacks to buy the votes to pass things such as the heathcare crap.

So much for this video being relevant.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Well since the Republican Party has done so much for us here in Michigan the last few years, I am just amazed that Romney didn't win. ( sarcasm intended)

Yance

You live in Battle Creek for God's sake! What's the worst that can happen, the Kellog's factory gets cleaned out of frosted flakes because their GREEAAAT! :p

Not so much :p

Where live in Battle Creek (downtown area) its actually continually getting worse by the month it seems, there's more people moving into the low income housing no more than 2 blocks away, during the summer months the drug and gang activity around my area has seemed to increase, as well fights between people in the neighborhood near the low income housing and gun shots are becoming more regular than they were in the previous years. Battle Creek itself is going down quick.

I also dont usually eat cereal ;)

WalkingWolf

they sure got busy when it was time to keep gary johnson off the ballot

I didn't check all states, but Little Johnson was on the ballot in Ohio. The state that gave Obama the election. If memory serves he garnered less than 1% in that state. :lol:

Please cite the states where Little Johnson was not on the ballot?

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
did you read what i was replying to?

"Well since the Republican Party has done so much for us here in Michigan the last few years, I am just amazed that Romney didn't win. ( sarcasm intended)"

there's a clue in there

TheQ

I didn't check all states, but Little Johnson was on the ballot in Ohio. The state that gave Obama the election. If memory serves he garnered less than 1% in that state. :lol:

Please cite the states where Little Johnson was not on the ballot?

Johnson wasn't on the ballot in Michigan because he was 4 minutes late in withdrawing from the Republican primary in Michigan and thus was in the Republican primary ballot and caught by the "sore loser" law.

FreeInAZ

Not so much :p

Where live in Battle Creek (downtown area) its actually continually getting worse by the month it seems, there's more people moving into the low income housing no more than 2 blocks away, during the summer months the drug and gang activity around my area has seemed to increase, as well fights between people in the neighborhood near the low income housing and gun shots are becoming more regular than they were in the previous years. Battle Creek itself is going down quick.

I also dont usually eat cereal
;)

See there's the problem. Eat more cereal man, quickly, your towns well being depends on it! :p

Last edited:

Small_Arms_Collector

I don't think you're paranoid.

But, I'm a little worried about your weapons-focused preparations. No evacuation route planned? No water? No plans for building fire?

I'm thinking a weapon, while essential, is kinda low on the list compared to food, water, evacuation, a place to stay if you evacuate, people to contact, that sort of thing. Its great to have a weapon, but it almost sounds like fighting is all you've planned for. I would focus more on figuring how to avoid needing the weapon and the things that are going to be important regardless of whether it is needed. For instance, you didn't even mention toilet paper. :)

Just because I did not mention it does not mean that it is not on the list.

I have nowhere to go if the communists, or whoever else destroy my house, and I will not rely on insurance to cover it (insurance company's seem to have a way of suddenly running out of money, and going bankrupt as soon as there is a mass disaster), if they do great, but I won't base my survival on it, I will just assume they won't. So my plan is to "bug in" as long as possible to protect my home, and bug out only after the situation is in doubt, it may not be the most tactically sound strategy, but it's the only one that makes sense to me, because it does me little good to bug out then come home to a pile of ashes, and a defunct insurance company, and take up residence in a refrigerator box under an overpass. Not all scenarios call for me holding my position, but a riot does.

Small_Arms_Collector

Florida did not trigger any rioting.

Florida was not even significant.

Neither was Ohio.

Obama swept all the other swing states, beyond his wildest dreams, and with the West Coast, the death knell was dealt to Mitt around 9 pm about an hour after the polls all closed on the West Coast.

Obama did not even need Ohio or Florida.

That with the senate results, and ballot measures (in other states to) is unbelievable, I believe that there was massive voter fraud.

Just immediately up to the election I was reading multiple reports of thousands of missing absentee ballots, and coincidentally the early votes just "happened" to amount to as much as 40% of the vote in some states, and were up to 60%-70% for obongo. Then you had record turnout in mostly democrat areas, and I also noticed a highly unusual traffic volume yesterday, like people were rushing to multiple polls. Add to that the reported illegal votes at several polling stations, and what I observed myself at mine, which was a complete failure to check people against the voter rolls, or properly verify ID's. Also I say at least one news report of the black panthers intimidating voters again, one polling station even had had mural of obongo staring down over the voters. Add it all up, and you get the most obviously rigged election in US history.